ADVERTISEMENT

Rep. Jordan appears to acknowledge speaking with Trump on Jan. 6

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) appeared to acknowledge Tuesday night that he spoke with President Donald Trump on Jan. 6, increasing the likelihood that he will be called to testify before the House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters.

Jordan, a staunch Trump ally, was pressed on the subject during an interview on Fox News. At first, he offered a vague answer, saying that he speaks frequently with Trump but doesn’t think it’s appropriate to share what they talk about.
Asked specifically about Jan. 6 by anchor Bret Baier, Jordan said: “Yes. I mean I’ve talked to the president, I’ve talked to the president so many — I can’t remember all the days I have talked to him, but I have certainly talked to the president.”

Jordan’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Wednesday.
Republicans voice opposition to Jan. 6 investigation as police officers call for accountability
The congressman offered a similar answer during an interview with The Washington Post in May when asked whether he had spoken to Trump on Jan. 6, and his office did not respond to a request to confirm whether a conversation actually occurred that day.

Jordan was one of two Republican members recommended for the select committee by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) who was later rejected by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). McCarthy subsequently withdrew all of his picks.
The Jordan interview followed the first meeting of the select committee, which featured testimony from four police officers on the scene the day that the pro-Trump mob breached the Capitol.

Before Jordan’s interview, Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), one of the Republicans whom Pelosi appointed to the committee, suggested that Jordan could be summoned as a material witness as the panel’s investigation proceeds.
“I think that Congressman Jordan may well be a material witness,” Cheney said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
“He’s somebody who was involved in a number of meetings in the lead-up to what happened on January 6, involved in planning for January 6, certainly for the objections that day as he said publicly, so he may well be a material witness,” she added.

Reactions: sob5 and Torg
Would love to see the texts/transcripts of call between those members of Congress hiding in the capital building and the White House. I'm pretty sure when they were barricading doors and being evacuated there was genuine fear in even the most Trumpian GOP members.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Would love to see the texts/transcripts of call between those members of Congress hiding in the capital building and the White House. I'm pretty sure when they were barricading doors and being evacuated there was genuine fear in even the most Trumpian GOP members.
all texts, calls and emails from gov devices can be tracked... so if one wanted to all of this could be reviewed and used in any hearing or case.

Yeah, I'd likely forget whether or not I talked to POTUS while Congess was being overrun, too. I mean, you know, if I talked to him a lot, why would that particular call stand out in my memory.
Well, at least we know what his testimony will be…He doesn’t recall. I’m sure they’ll also try to claim the calls were privileged as well.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) appeared to acknowledge Tuesday night that he spoke with President Donald Trump on Jan. 6, increasing the likelihood that he will be called to testify before the House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters.
Unless it was in person and no one else knew, I guarantee he is already on the list.

On what grounds?

They are fanatics. Grabbing attention...these people are bent on disruption.

Gomert and maybe a couple of the others are probably cowards. Jordan at least is a zealot. The Orange Turd is a pussy, and would fold as soon as he realizes his shitty hair job would be exposed.

Oh he will be subpoenaed. Bank on that. Looks likely Trump will, too.
Even though I would love to see Trump subpoenaed, it would be a shit show. The man would not follow the rules. He would turn it into a circus and become an even bigger martyr for Republicans. Any testifying Trump does needs to happen in a court of law where if he refuses to follow the rules there will be actual consequences.

Any testifying Trump does needs to happen in a court of law where if he refuses to follow the rules there will be actual consequences.
6fd118ec-5e08-48ff-b6fe-1d8f9d91a1dd_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT