ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Arizona schools, Colorado, Utah to meet with Big-12

If they think Oregon and Washington are going to bolt to the B1G, then they should go. If they can convince those two to stay, they have a better deal in the PAC12.

Except for a bunch of kick ass road games.

And Utah has been more successful than us over the past decade. Colorado is a traditional power.
Colorado hasn't been a power since before they left for the PAC 12. Maybe coming back to the B12 will allow them the look better.

Arizona State is a dumpster fire. They should be on probation.
You're right. The PAC 12 might simply look at Utah and Colorado at this time. The Arizona schools will be there in the future if the BIG 12 wants them.

Oddly enough its Utah that might be the most valuable to the Big 12 right now, both as a rival to BYU and as a standalone football brand. It seems like they were the last of the schools to get added to the PAC 12.

Houston just made a Final 4. Cincy just made the CFP. What have those 4 schools done lately?

Hard to project Houston in 5-10 years, they definitely have potential to elevate to legit "P5" status.

Cincy will collapse once Fickell is poachd by a B1G school, so don't count on them down the road.

This puts Oregon and Washington in a weird spot. They don’t want to go there, waiting on ND to make a decision and are limbo in the defunct PAC 12. Maybe they go independent for a year or two?

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
USC and UCLA give the Big Ten the LA TV market. If anyone thinks this is about anything other than that they are misguided.
Other than Arizona basketball, this adds nothing to an already second tier conference.

Houston just made a Final 4. Cincy just made the CFP. What have those 4 schools done lately?
Hey Stinky, does it suck knowing isu is in a conference made up of schools the Big Ten and SEC don’t want? The Big Ten will have Fox, CBS and streaming partners while the SEC will have ESPN and streaming partnerships. Who will the leftover conference have? Better yet how will the leftover conference get into the CFP if the Big Ten and SEC decide to go to 20 schools each and take the CFP to themselves with their media partners?

Hey Stinky, does it suck knowing isu is in a conference made up of schools the Big Ten and SEC don’t want? The Big Ten will have Fox, CBS and streaming partners while the SEC will have ESPN and streaming partnerships. Who will the leftover conference have? Better yet how will the leftover conference get into the CFP if the Big Ten and SEC decide to go to 20 schools each and take the CFP to themselves with their media partners?

Will Iowa ever make it in the CFP? No. So now you're riding your conferences coat tail little man.

Will Iowa ever make it in the CFP? No. So now you're riding your conferences coat tail little man.
Why not clown fan? Who says the CFP needs to be only 4? I could see a 8-12 team playoff and when Iowa has teams like they did in 2002, 2004, 2009 and 2015 they could easily make that field. Meanwhile isu’s best team in school history was boat raced by Lousinana Lafayette at home, YIKES.

Now make up some delusional reason why this is wrong so I can beat you over the head with it or run away and hide like you usually do .

USC and UCLA give the Big Ten the LA TV market. If anyone thinks this is about anything other than that they are misguided.
That is absolutely the biggest reason, but the big brand isn’t a non factor. They added somebody has been known to win games from time to time.

Why not clown fan? Who says the CFP needs to be only 4? I could see a 8-12 team playoff and when Iowa has teams like they did in 2002, 2004, 2009 and 2015 they could easily make that field. Meanwhile isu’s best team in school history was boat raced by Lousinana Lafayette at home, YIKES.

Now make up some delusional reason why this is wrong so I can beat you over the head with it or run away and hide like you usually do .

The only chance iowa would have at making a playoff is if it went to 8-12. Really not sure how hard that is to understand. And I'll be damned if I let you beat my head off, you'd probably fall in love.

That is absolutely the biggest reason, but the big brand isn’t a non factor. They added somebody has been known to win games from time to time.
I don't doubt that is probable, but see Rutgers/New York market for my reason. Rutgers offered nothing other than the TV market.

The only chance iowa would have at making a playoff is if it went to 8-12. Really not sure how hard that is to understand. And I'll be damned if I let you beat my head off, you'd probably fall in love.
Not really Iowa would have made a 4 team playoff in 2002 and was one play away from the 4 team playoff in 2015. Meanwhile isu’s best team ever got boat raced by Louisiana Lafayette.

Now that I have trashed your feeble little argument once again it is probably time for you to run away and hide. You can take a nap and psyched about those upcoming Wednesday night games with UCF on the CBS Sports Network.

Last edited:
Except for a bunch of kick ass road games.

And Utah has been more successful than us over the past decade. Colorado is a traditional power.
Your kidding right? Colorado had a couple of years but is a lllooonnnggg way from being a power school. Take a look at their record up against Iowa's the last 4 decades. I doubt its close......So I just looked up the last 20 years real quick for both school. Iowa is 156 wins and 84 losses the last twenty years. The Colorado Buffs are 83 wins and 141 losses the last twenty. So Iowa has won almost TWICE as many games as Colorado has since the turn of the century. Colorado power, ah NO.......

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I don't doubt that is probable, but see Rutgers/New York market for my reason. Rutgers offered nothing other than the TV market.
I haven’t done an analysis, but I’m willing to bet Big Ten recruiting has improved in the region since then, and Rutgers provides an away game in a metro that has thousands of alumni from multiple Big Ten schools.

You are absolutely correct. It also left the B1G with Rutgers. I don’t think anything like it will happen again, but good for Butgers!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT