ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Arizona schools, Colorado, Utah to meet with Big-12

That’s (1) not entirely true, although this point is always made with some bizarre pride by Iowans about EVERY big market, and (2) not the point. Whatever network covers the conference Colorado is in WILL be carried in Denver. Period.
I have lived out here for 15 years and see practically zero Buffalo's gear. I see 10 times more hawk stuff being worn. Nobody in Colorado is actually from here.

That’s (1) not entirely true, although this point is always made with some bizarre pride by Iowans about EVERY big market, and (2) not the point. Whatever network covers the conference Colorado is in WILL be carried in Denver. Period.
You’re not wrong.

Still, Colorado is far from a tradition power, as some insane poster suggested. They are no more a traditional power than Illinois.

The only chance iowa would have at making a playoff is if it went to 8-12. Really not sure how hard that is to understand. And I'll be damned if I let you beat my head off, you'd probably fall in love.

Did they not have a real chance in 2015?

I have lived out here for 15 years and see practically zero Buffalo's gear. I see 10 times more hawk stuff being worn. Nobody in Colorado is actually from here.
And if Iowa fans are anything like they are here in Chicago, they likely have six Iowa shirts laid out for the week, plus a black Tigerhawk polo earmarked for if they go to church, lol. Point being, the “local” team’s fans in a pro-sports city wear their stuff less often, especially if they are bad. However, they still have the most alumni, and IF a random Denver resident with no team were to adopt a team, it’d likely be a (good) CU team before a far-off time like Iowa who just happens to have a lot of passionate transplants there. I get your point about Denver being pretty unique with the insane number of transplants, but CU still has the largest concentration of alumni there, and they’d come crawling out of the wood works if CU were 9-3 or something. Their apathy doesn’t mean they don’t exist, as the numbers - and therefore the potential - are there.

Will Iowa ever make it in the CFP? No. So now you're riding your conferences coat tail little man.
Do you just enjoy the punishment and ridicule for your ridiculous statements? I mean, why are you here dismissing Iowa's chances when you school and their athletic budget are circling the drain as sure as the sun comes up in the east everyday? There aren't enough decent school left to EVER make the remains of the little 12 in to any kind of a power conference. Hell when you HAD Texas and Oklahoma the 12 was a second class player and its heading WWWAAAYYY down from there. When your "Leftovers Conference" or what ever your going to call it signs their next TV deal, (playing weeknights on Tru TV or the freakin Opra channel), it will probably about 1/3 of the one the BIG is going to sign. Don't fret though, you can still watch The Iowa Hawkeyes pretty much every week on a major network playing some top 20 team. Hopefully we can finally drop the instate fiasco which has become once again one sided...

Pass me a little of what your smoking
Were trying to be polite that you can't be that stupid. So Iowa was ranked 3RD going onto the game and MSU was ranked 5th. MSU won basically in the last 30 seconds by a couple of points and did on FACT get into the CFP. Are you really that dense that Iowa would have been in if they had stopped MSU on 4th and 2 or whatever it was? Going onto the game pretty much all the talking heads had the BIG winner in the CFP. Of course you little 12 fans really don't know much about that whole thing, or won't anyway when Ok moves on to greener, richer pastures....

Not arguing that. Both are very far from it.
In your dreams. IA State has never been in the discussion after the pre-season.
Iowa has been one game away from it at the end. They win the B1G Championship game in 2015 and they are in. Lost that game in the final minute. You couldn't get any closer.

Iowa is a hell of a lot closer to being in the playoffs than ISU has or will ever be.

I get what you're saying, but there isnt a better path to the CFP than the Big 12. There's no Ohio State's to deal with at the end. Hell, OU has followed that Big 12 path 4 times to the CFP. Theyll never sniff the 4 team playoff again in the SEC

In your dreams. IA State has never been in the discussion after the pre-season.
Iowa has been one game away from it at the end. They win the B1G Championship game in 2015 and they are in. Lost that game in the final minute. You couldn't get any closer.
McCaffrey is still running.

Reactions: mrcyfan
Pass me a little of what your smoking
Well in that game you had the #4 and 5 teams ranked by the CFP committee. So yes simple logic would say an undefeated Iowa team would have made the playoffs had they held on to win that game. Just as the 1 loss MSU team who won did. Reason every talking head of college football was calling it a defacto play in game for the CFP. But you keep telling yourself Iowa wouldn't have....

why is the Big 10 always reactive to what the SEC does? They went to 14 and then we followed suit. Then the SEC went to 16 and we followed suit.... Why not just go ahead and invite Oregon and Washington? Go to 18 teams and Lead the way for a change. We can always add Notre Dame and another team later and go to a 20 team super conference...

Are you serious?

Yes. They were #6 after the regular season and were 27 seconds away from being undefeated. Saying their only change of making it is if the playoff is expanded is just wrong. My 8 year old is a better troll then you

why is the Big 10 always reactive to what the SEC does? They went to 14 and then we followed suit. Then the SEC went to 16 and we followed suit.... Why not just go ahead and invite Oregon and Washington? Go to 18 teams and Lead the way for a change. We can always add Notre Dame and another team later and go to a 20 team super conference...

will Oregon and or Washington increase or decrease the payouts per team?

McCaffrey is still running.
AND, that has what exactly to do with ISWho? You clowns can only dream of ever even playing in such a game. I know, you probably thought that was you clowns that Iowa played in the Holiday bowl in those unis that look like your colors. Oh yea, we CRUSHED their asses too! No wonder you clowns keep wearing unis that aren't your school colors. Proud much are you?

will Oregon and or Washington increase or decrease the payouts per team?
I am not sure... Maybe Stanford and Oregon would be better... I think those tv markets are larger than some other current BIG10 schools. Geographically it would give USC and UCLA travel partners and extend the leagues footprint to the west... I am just spitballing and have no solid facts on any of this...

The B1G didn’t react to anything. USC/UCLA contacted them. I’m guessing if that would have happened before OU/UT left, they would have joined then. They seemed fine, but if USC wanted to leave the PAC, the B1G had to take them, or they’d have ended up in the SEC.

Iowa was NOT #6 going into the BIG championship. We were 12-0 and ranked #3 or #4, and MSU was 11-1 and ranked 5th.....
I think he was suggesting they were #6 after the B1G championship game, but considered that part of the regular season. The rest of his post is clearly stating Iowa would have been in, had they won that game.

I think he was suggesting they were #6 after the B1G championship game, but considered that part of the regular season. The rest of his post is clearly stating Iowa would have been in, had they won that game.
Ok, BUT the BIG championship is NOT part of the regular season. Its an extra game with only two teams getting in.....

Ok, BUT the BIG championship is NOT part of the regular season. Its an extra game with only two teams getting in.....
Correct. It is 100% a post season game. He either misspoke, or doesn’t know that. I’m guessing he knows. It was probably just easier to say it that way.

I am not sure... Maybe Stanford and Oregon would be better... I think those tv markets are larger than some other current BIG10 schools. Geographically it would give USC and UCLA travel partners and extend the leagues footprint to the west... I am just spitballing and have no solid facts on any of this...

from data I have seen they are a decrease.

Hey Stinky, does it suck knowing isu is in a conference made up of schools the Big Ten and SEC don’t want? The Big Ten will have Fox, CBS and streaming partners while the SEC will have ESPN and streaming partnerships. Who will the leftover conference have? Better yet how will the leftover conference get into the CFP if the Big Ten and SEC decide to go to 20 schools each and take the CFP to themselves with their media partners?
You didn’t respond to the facts I posted, and went on a ramble about your hypothetical wet dream. And then admitted you’re excited to ride the bigger and better teams coattails. Sounds about right.

I would say Oregon St and Wash St are thinking 'what about us???!!!!"
I can relate cuz I've been in that situation.. Pick-up playground BB contest. Two captains pick teamates in alternating fashion until each side has 5. Yeah, I was one of those 2 kids who watched that day. I'm sure OSU and WSU are feeling a little helpless right about now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT