ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Arizona schools, Colorado, Utah to meet with Big-12

To the people saying that "Cincy and Houston are great" remember TCU was 2nd only to boise state in the mid major schools in the mid 2000's and they're average at best in the big 12.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
To the people saying that "Cincy and Houston are great" remember TCU was 2nd only to boise state in the mid major schools in the mid 2000's and they're average at best in the big 12.
I love how when they added those 4 teams Big 12 fans boasting about them winning 9-10 games. Yeah it is a little easier when you are playing Conf USA or AAC like Cincy, Houston and UCF were doing these past couple of years instead of playing against a team like OU/OSU instead of Tulsa or East Carolina. TCU had a great 2-3 year run in Big 12 but as you said avg at best since for the most part. So much so they canned coach of 20+ years last season in Gary Patterson.

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4
Since Billew just committed to ISU basketball, they are back to being a basketball school per their fans. So football is just a distraction now. Always have to look for the positive. Never mind he will be there 1 to 2 seasons and out.

Reactions: Ree4
Since Billew just committed to ISU basketball, they are back to being a basketball school per their fans. So football is just a distraction now. Always have to look for the positive. Never mind he will be there 1 to 2 seasons and out.

Link? Landing the highest rated recruit in the history of the program is a pretty exciting thing so people are pretty pumped about it.

I think our fans are looking forward to both football and basketball. As to Omaha, he'll be one and done and I am very grateful we get to watch him for that year.

The basketball forum will be treated to updates of every Waukee high school game this winter.

It is Waukee, right? Hard to keep track of which school he is attending each year.

To be
I wonder how the academic side of getting him into ISU works?

Not implying the guy is stupid, but transferring credits three times in four years? How does that get coordinated?

Do you think transferring credits is hard?

To be

Do you think transferring credits is hard?
I'm so far removed from knowing anything about high school requirements that I have no idea.

I was merely asking in regards to who might be coordinating these yearly transfers with this guy?

He hired Darren Davis as an academic advisor, so he should be good for admission and 4 years of enrollment.
That was a great story on how Davis sent his family in Florida a few snowflakes since they had never experienced snow before.

I'm so far removed from knowing anything about high school requirements that I have no idea.

I was merely asking in regards to who might be coordinating these yearly transfers with this guy?

Well, it's not.

There have been rumors that OB has a lot of people in his circle who are trying to help direct his career and I'll leave it at that. I'm honestly surprised he's coming to ISU or any college program to be honest.

Well, it's not.

There have been rumors that OB has a lot of people in his circle who are trying to help direct his career and I'll leave it at that. I'm honestly surprised he's coming to ISU or any college program to be honest.
Oh, I have no doubt there's a "lot of people in his circle".

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
They are getting a "brutal" offer from ESPN, which you posted. So they somehow then add value to the Big 12??????
Trying to understand how this report is somehow a good thing for the Big 12. If the Pac 12 is getting a low offer to average $25 million a year, how is the Big 12, with 16 teams, going to do any better?

Current Big 12 deal is around $380 million, with Texas and Oklahoma. Say that is the same with the new 4 added, that is around $31 million per team. Only, it has been noted that the value of the Big 12 is significantly lower without Texas and Oklahoma.
To stay at the current payout level of $38 million, the next contract would need to be $450, which is $200 million more than the reported Pac 12 amount.

If the 4 from the Pac 12 are added, CO, AZ, AZST, UT, to stay at $38 million/team, the deal would need to be over $600 million.

Big 12 motto, quantity over quality. We will play when the big boys don't so you will watch us!

Big 12 Tuesday Night Football.

Reactions: ichawk24
Sorry if I've fallen behind, but did they ever meet?
Someone said they did. Lol. If we do poach Oregon, Washington and Stanford, then the Big 12 likely gets the remaining scraps. If we don't there is no way Oregon or Washington is going to Big 12. So really the Big 12 fans hope big Daddy Big Ten takes more teams to wreck the PAC for them so the remaining rats have nowhere else to go but to Big 12's house to infest it. Big 12 strategy now is just quantity baby.

Someone said they did. Lol. If we do poach Oregon, Washington and Stanford, then the Big 12 likely gets the remaining scraps. If we don't there is no way Oregon or Washington is going to Big 12. So really the Big 12 fans hope big Daddy Big Ten takes more teams to wreck the PAC for them so the remaining rats have nowhere else to go but to Big 12's house to infest it. Big 12 strategy now is just quantity baby.
I do find it a bit amusing that the future of the Big XII depends largely on the moves the B1G makes or doesn't make over the next few years regarding expansion.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT