ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Brenna Bird tells Biden 'I'll see you in court,' says she'd be 'Iowa's attorney general'

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Deplorable:
Iowa needs an attorney general who will challenge President Joe Biden's administration in court and who is more visible to local law enforcement officials, Republican Brenna Bird told a crowd of state fairgoers Saturday morning.

"When it comes to holding the Biden administration accountable, it looks like our attorney general is Biden's attorney general," the Iowa attorney general candidate said during a speech at the Des Moines Register Political Soapbox. "When I'm attorney general, I'm going to be Iowa's attorney general."

Bird, who was elected Guthrie County Attorney in 2018, is running to unseat incumbent Tom Miller, a Democrat who is the longest-serving attorney general in U.S. history. Bird ran against Miller in 2010 and lost by 11 percentage points.

On Saturday in front of the State Fair crowd, Bird criticized Miller for his endorsement of Biden ahead of the Iowa caucuses and accused him of "sitting on the sidelines" when he should be challenging some of Biden's policies. She said she believes the country will see an increase in overreach under Biden if Republicans win back enough seats in Congress to stop Democratic legislation and the next attorney general will need to fight back.

"I have news for Joe Biden when I'm attorney general: I'll see you in court," she said.

During her approximately 13-minute speech, Bird also accused Miller of being silent on support for law enforcement and being a "lazy liberal" who isn't in touch with local officials.

That would change if she becomes attorney general, she said.

"He doesn’t know them, even if they’ve spent their entire career in law enforcement in Iowa," she said. "I meet all the time with sheriffs that have never met him — not once. Not even shook his hand."

Republican Brenna Bird tells Biden 'I'll see you in court,' says she'd be 'Iowa's attorney general'​

Ian Richardson
Des Moines Register

Iowa needs an attorney general who will challenge President Joe Biden's administration in court and who is more visible to local law enforcement officials, Republican Brenna Bird told a crowd of state fairgoers Saturday morning.
"When it comes to holding the Biden administration accountable, it looks like our attorney general is Biden's attorney general," the Iowa attorney general candidate said during a speech at the Des Moines Register Political Soapbox. "When I'm attorney general, I'm going to be Iowa's attorney general."
Bird, who was elected Guthrie County Attorney in 2018, is running to unseat incumbent Tom Miller, a Democrat who is the longest-serving attorney general in U.S. history. Bird ran against Miller in 2010 and lost by 11 percentage points.
Brenna Bird, the Republican candidate for Iowa attorney general, speaks at the Des Moines Register Political Soapbox during the Iowa State Fair in on Saturday, Aug. 13, 2022, in Des Moines.

Schedule:Des Moines Register Political Soapbox bringing candidates to the Iowa State Fair
On Saturday in front of the State Fair crowd, Bird criticized Miller for his endorsement of Biden ahead of the Iowa caucuses and accused him of "sitting on the sidelines" when he should be challenging some of Biden's policies. She said she believes the country will see an increase in overreach under Biden if Republicans win back enough seats in Congress to stop Democratic legislation and the next attorney general will need to fight back.

"I have news for Joe Biden when I'm attorney general: I'll see you in court," she said.
During her approximately 13-minute speech, Bird also accused Miller of being silent on support for law enforcement and being a "lazy liberal" who isn't in touch with local officials.
That would change if she becomes attorney general, she said.
"He doesn’t know them, even if they’ve spent their entire career in law enforcement in Iowa," she said. "I meet all the time with sheriffs that have never met him — not once. Not even shook his hand."

Gov. Kim Reynolds, a Republican, currently has an agreement with Miller that bars him from joining multi-state lawsuits on behalf of the state without her permission. In exchange for the agreement, which the two officials struck in 2019, Reynolds vetoed legislation that would have permanently restricted the power of an Iowa attorney general to join such cases. The legislation was intended as a rebuke of Miller's decision to join lawsuits targeting President Donald Trump.

Bird told the Register after her speech that she doesn't believe that agreement would apply to her, but that she plans to focus on protecting the state's interests.

Miller, who is running for an 11th term, told a group of Democrats at a fundraiser in Clear Lake on Friday night that he finds Bird's campaign message on challenging the Biden administration problematic.

“Instead of believing in the rule of law and doing what you think is right, she believes that her campaign should center around suing Joe Biden," he said. "It’s an ideology approach. It’s a partisan politics approach to the attorney general’s office — totally different from me.”

• Angry
Reactions: HawkMD and h-hawk
Bird is living proof that as long as you are a Republican you can keep failing at everything professionally, and keep falling up in Iowa. She has licked every ass worth licking in Des Moines to be installed as the county attorney of a 10,000 person county. Nothing about her life suggests she'd be an effective AG for a state of 3 million people except for UNBORN BABIES, and her ability to parrot code words that rile up the rubes.

Last edited:
I hope Ms. Bird understands that the Iowa Legislature passed a bill restricting the AG from becoming involved in extraneous law suits WITHOUT the expressed permission of the Governor or the state legislature. This was a result of a law suit Branstad was involved in and Miller did not want the state to get involved. The legislation was just passed a couple of years ago….plus the GOP was upset because Miller had filed a couple of complaints against the Trump administration. So, Brenna is running her mouth, half cocked and not really telling Iowans the truth.

I hope Ms. Bird understands that the Iowa Legislature passed a bill restricting the AG from becoming involved in extraneous law suits WITHOUT the expressed permission of the Governor or the state legislature. This was a result of a law suit Branstad was involved in and Miller did not want the state to get involved. The legislation was just passed a couple of years ago….plus the GOP was upset because Miller had filed a couple of complaints against the Trump administration. So, Brenna is running her mouth, half cocked and not really telling Iowans the truth.
Yeah, something tells me she'd be given a long leash by Kimmie. And, that law was useful with a Dem in office. It's probably something that would be revisited with a compliant, programable AG in office.

pol·i·ti·cian​

(pŏl′ĭ-tĭsh′ən)
n.
1. One who is actively involved or skilled in politics, especially one who holds a political office.
2. One who deceives or outmaneuvers others for personal gain: distrusted him as the office politician.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

politician​

(ˌpɒlɪˈtɪʃən)
n
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person actively engaged in politics, esp a full-time professional member of a deliberative assembly
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who is experienced or skilled in the art or science of politics, government, or administration; statesman
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) derogatory chiefly US a person who engages in politics out of a wish for personal gain, as realized by holding a public office
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

pol•i•ti•cian​

(ˌpɒl ɪˈtɪʃ ən)

n.
1. a person who is active in politics, esp. as a career.
2. a seeker or holder of public office.
3. a person who uses public office to advance personal or partisan interests.
4. a person who is skilled in politics.
[1580–90; < French politicien. See politic, -ian]
syn: politician, statesman refer to one skilled in politics. politician is more often derogatory, and statesman laudatory. politician suggests the schemes of a person who engages in politics for party ends or personal advantage: a dishonest politician. statesman suggests the eminent ability, foresight, and patriotic devotion of a person dealing with important affairs of state: a distinguished statesman.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

How so. A bad politician would lose the election. Ciggy thinks she might win. Winning is what a good politician does.
A POS can be a bad person and a good politician.

pol·i·ti·cian​

(pŏl′ĭ-tĭsh′ən)
n.
1. One who is actively involved or skilled in politics, especially one who holds a political office.
2. One who deceives or outmaneuvers others for personal gain: distrusted him as the office politician.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

politician​

(ˌpɒlɪˈtɪʃən)
n
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person actively engaged in politics, esp a full-time professional member of a deliberative assembly
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who is experienced or skilled in the art or science of politics, government, or administration; statesman
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) derogatory chiefly US a person who engages in politics out of a wish for personal gain, as realized by holding a public office
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

pol•i•ti•cian​

(ˌpɒl ɪˈtɪʃ ən)

n.
1. a person who is active in politics, esp. as a career.
2. a seeker or holder of public office.
3. a person who uses public office to advance personal or partisan interests.
4. a person who is skilled in politics.
[1580–90; < French politicien. See politic, -ian]
syn: politician, statesman refer to one skilled in politics. politician is more often derogatory, and statesman laudatory. politician suggests the schemes of a person who engages in politics for party ends or personal advantage: a dishonest politician. statesman suggests the eminent ability, foresight, and patriotic devotion of a person dealing with important affairs of state: a distinguished statesman.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

How so. A bad politician would lose the election. Ciggy thinks she might win. Winning is what a good politician does.
A POS can be a bad person and a good politician.

A “good” politician would be good and effective at more things than getting elected. Governing intelligently would be a good start.

She would only be considered a good politician if you use the pejorative definition.

Disagree. Bill Clinton was an excellent leader but not such a good person. Jimmy Carter was a great person but a lousy politician.
I agree, Bill Clinton was a good leader, but even a better Politician. He sucked as a person. People can be a good politician and a lousy representative, and a lousy person. Bill was a good politician and a good representative. Jimmy Carter was one of the greatest people to ever hold the office.

Not sure Iowa needs a Republican AG to change much. Tom Miller has become a shill and pretty much a DINO.

Just look how little he has stood up to Reynolds in the last few years. In his defense... he realizes just how RED Iowa has become and he's merely trying to ride off into the sunset before he gives up on politics.

But yeah, this lady sounds like an idiot if this is the best the Iowa GOP can find as a candidate.

I think Miller is safe as Iowans LOVE their incumbents.

I agree, Bill Clinton was a good leader, but even a better Politician. He sucked as a person. People can be a good politician and a lousy representative, and a lousy person. Bill was a good politician and a good representative. Jimmy Carter was one of the greatest people to ever hold the office.
All bullshit aside, Bill Clinton was far and away the most effective POTUS this country has had since FDR. I never voted for “a Saint”……I voted for a leader. The Repubbers couldn’t stand Bill’s effectiveness as a leader and worked 6 1/2 years to destroy him politically. Another GOP failure.

Bird is living proof that as long as you are a Republican you can keep failing at everything professionally, and keep falling up in Iowa. She has licked every ass worth licking in Des Moines to be installed as the county attorney of a a 10,000 person county. Nothing about her life suggests she'd be an effective AG for a state of 3 million people except for UNBORN BABIES, and her ability to parrot code words that rile up the rubes.

What does Des Moines have to do with Guthrie County? Your comment is dumb, even for you.

Not sure Iowa needs a Republican AG to change much. Tom Miller has become a shill and pretty much a DINO.

Just look how little he has stood up to Reynolds in the last few years. In his defense... he realizes just how RED Iowa has become and he's merely trying to ride off into the sunset before he gives up on politics.

But yeah, this lady sounds like an idiot if this is the best the Iowa GOP can find as a candidate.

I think Miller is safe as Iowans LOVE their incumbents.
I use to think miller did a pretty good job and actually voted for him when i lived in iowa. He’s now gone to the looney side of the political aisle.

Reactions: MitchLL
I didn't vote for Clinton the first time because I knew he was a serial cheater. Cousin worked security in the hotel in Fayetteville Clinton would party, I mean stay at.

Reactions: Gimmered
The comment about Biden is very odd. She's running for Iowa AG.

Anything else she's trying to imply would only register with the MAGAts.

No one with half a brain will vote for her.

BTW: Joining some Republican lawsuit or movement against the WH is about as close to the national spotlight she'd ever get. That would generate from the National Republican Governor's Assn.

What a loon.

What does Des Moines have to do with Guthrie County? Your comment is dumb, even for you.
The capital of Iowa is in Des Moines.
Bird has tried and failed multiple times to have a meaningful job. Each time she failed someone in Des Moines hooked her up with a job. Finally she rocketed all the way to county attorney in a county that has less than 11,000 people. Kim Reynolds has repeatedly tried and failed to push Bird up a rung in life, but Bird keeps failing because she's a dull, listless performer.
Her campaign site is a non stop litany of catch words designed to attract dip shits who think Trump is still the president, and that Nancy Pelosi is shipping TG groomers into Iowa to corrupt our children. She cannot beat Tom Miller on credibility or achievement, so she's gone cult.

Bird has tried and failed multiple times to have a meaningful job. Each time she failed someone in Des Moines hooked her up with a job. Finally she rocketed all the way to county attorney in a county that has less than 11,000 people. Kim Reynolds has repeatedly tried and failed to push Bird up a rung in life, but Bird keeps failing because she's a dull, listless performer.
Her campaign site is a non stop litany of catch words designed to attract dip shits who think Trump is still the president, and that Nancy Pelosi is shipping TG groomers into Iowa to corrupt our children. She cannot beat Tom Miller on credibility or achievement, so she's gone cult.
She's Northern's dream candidate.

Why wouldn’t you just freeride off the other states that sue? Spending money to join a lawsuit that will happen either way is a good use of Iowans’ money?

Now do the dem gov candidate.

Brenna Bird is a phuquin’ small town girl with a law degree and a political agenda. She couldn’t carry Tom Millers jockstrap.
When you think of Brenda Bird, remember Richard Turner (the worst Iowa AG ever)…the only difference is that Brenna squats to piss.
She has very little legal conscience and is far more radical to the Right than Miller is to the left.

Once again, explain how someone in Des Moines hooked her up to an elected position in Guthrie County.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
The comment about Biden is very odd. She's running for Iowa AG.

Anything else she's trying to imply would only register with the MAGAts.

No one with half a brain will vote for her.

BTW: Joining some Republican lawsuit or movement against the WH is about as close to the national spotlight she'd ever get. That would generate from the National Republican Governor's Assn.

What a loon.

Loon. Perfect cog in the Republican gears.

Iowa is such a sad, pathetic place just a decade or so removed from being in such a better place. Disgraceful

I would/could not be a Republican when they were sane, well saner, well somewhat sane.

Now there have accepted the flipped-out conspiracy shit it's incredible their ranks have not shrunk more than it appears. Goes to the information, or more accurate, lack and poor quality of information in.

I would/could not be a Republican when they were sane, well saner, well somewhat sane.

Now there have accepted the flipped-out conspiracy shit it's incredible their ranks have not shrunk more than it appears. Goes to the information, or more accurate, lack and poor quality of information in.
Iowa is a MAGAt ground zero. It is embarrassing. Unwavering support in the dead, dilapidated rural shit havens.

Rural Iowans are resentful being stuck without any means to advance their lives.

I would bet less than 10% are college educated and not in a position to obtain a better income/standard of living.

So they feel us liberals are their enemy.

The Republican Party has done a good job painting Dems as elitists.

Rural Iowans are resentful being stuck without any means to advance their lives.

I would bet less than 10% are college educated and not in a position to obtain a better income/standard of living.

So they feel us liberals are their enemy.

The Republican Party has done a good job painting Dems as elitists.
Let's own the Libs (actually us) with our votes

She was also Braindead's chief of staff. I used to go to dsm to lobby state people and I always marveled at her lunch tray; as it had copious amounts of food and dessert. I see she's become even thicker now. Her give them the bird ad is something. That being said, Tom Miller eventually needs to retire. He looks Luke an animatronic puppet from chucky cheese.

Reactions: MitchLL
Iowa is a MAGAt ground zero. It is embarrassing. Unwavering support in the dead, delipatated rural shit havens.

I've observed it everywhere. Levels of education doesn't matter, although intelligence doesn't ensure common sense or judgement.

MAGA and conservative voters are more common in low income, lower educated areas though, as Blue voting areas are concentrated in urban, metro areas with higher rates of income and secondary education.

Iowa has turned Red, and I attribute it to a Democratic party that simply disappeared. Reagan's foothold took root here and never went away like most places. Once the state Republican party became embedded, it was not touchable. The counties are now solid red. Harkin was a fixture and Iowa's soul.

Iowa has now dumbed down in all but the metro areas. Conservative media saturation (propaganda) works in lower educated areas as it has nationwide. The formula for the ignorant masses. Leg 1 of autocracy.

I've observed it everywhere. Levels of education doesn't matter, although intelligence doesn't ensure common sense or judgement.

MAGA and conservative voters are more common in low income, lower educated areas though, as Blue voting areas are concentrated in urban, metro areas with higher rates of income and secondary education.

Iowa has turned Red, and I attribute it to a Democratic party that simply disappeared. Reagan's foothold took root here and never went away like most places. Once the state Republican party became embedded, it was not touchable. The counties are now solid red. Harkin was a fixture and Iowa's soul.

Iowa has now dumbed down in all but the metro areas. Conservative media saturation (propaganda) works in lower educated areas as it has nationwide. The formula for the ignorant masses. Leg 1 of autocracy.
Perfectly and accurately stated.

"Reagan's foothold took root here" and then Iowans promptly voted for Dukakis in 1988, Clinton in 1992 and 1996, Gore in 2000 and Obama in 2008 and 2012.

ADVERTISEMENT