ADVERTISEMENT

Republican canned tweets after mass shootings

JupiterHawk

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Jupiter, FL
A mass shooter killed 19 children and two adults at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas on Tuesday. And Republican politicians took to Twitter in the wake of this tragedy to express their condolences. But if you look closely, you’ll notice something odd. Many of the messages were identical, as though they’re all just copying and pasting the same tweets from the last mass shooting.

Formula:

There seems to be a formula for how right-wing politicians are now responding to mass shootings on social media that goes something like this: I am [HORRIFIED, HEARTBROKEN, ETC] at the senseless tragedy in [LOCATION] today. We are [LIFTING THEM UP IN PRAYER, PRAYING FOR THEM] and thank the heroic efforts of [POLICE, FIRST RESPONDERS, ETC] on the scene.

Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky:

Horrified and heartbroken by reports of the disgusting violence directed at innocent schoolkids in Uvalde, Texas. The entire country is praying for the children, families, teachers, and staff and the first responders on the scene

Sen. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee:

Horrified and heartbroken to learn of the significant loss of life in the shooting in Uvalde, Texas. Please join me in lifting their loved ones up in prayer. Thank you to the local first responders working on the scene.

6hiv8a.jpg

A mass shooter killed 19 children and two adults at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas on Tuesday. And Republican politicians took to Twitter in the wake of this tragedy to express their condolences. But if you look closely, you’ll notice something odd. Many of the messages were identical, as though they’re all just copying and pasting the same tweets from the last mass shooting.

Formula:

There seems to be a formula for how right-wing politicians are now responding to mass shootings on social media that goes something like this: I am [HORRIFIED, HEARTBROKEN, ETC] at the senseless tragedy in [LOCATION] today. We are [LIFTING THEM UP IN PRAYER, PRAYING FOR THEM] and thank the heroic efforts of [POLICE, FIRST RESPONDERS, ETC] on the scene.

Oh and how lazy are these fvcks? Doing nothing about gun violence is one thing, but Christ, they can't even be bothered to write their own condolences?

Reactions: nelly02
Still applies.

https://dailyorange.com/2017/10/mass-shootings-responses-becoming-game-mad-libs/

When I woke up to hear the terrible news of what transpired in (insert name of American city/town here), I was disgusted by this horrific act of violence, and the tragic loss of (insert number of people killed here) lives. People who were simply there for (insert school, religious activity or entertainment event, i.e. movie or concert etc.) instead were subjected to this massacre.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the people of (insert name of American city/town here). These are our (insert one or more family position here, i.e. mothers, fathers, siblings, children, grandparents, etc.) and their loss will continue to impact families for generations.

I also thank the (insert name of American city/town here) Police Department and first responders for their courage and heroism in the face of this attack. Without their efforts, I do not doubt many more lives would have been lost. (Insert line about sacrifice if one or more police officers/first responders was killed or injured).

The people of (insert name of American city/town here) are strong, resilient Americans, and I know they will withstand this tragedy and come back stronger from it. They have the full faith and support of the country, and we will do everything in our power to help them to recover and more forward. God bless the people of (insert name of American city/town here), and God bless America. Thank you.

Formula:

Its the same thing with Covid... its like the left copies and pastes... "I tested positive for covid, have mild symptoms, thank god I'm triple vaxxed and boosted or it would be so much worse."

Just because they use some of the same words to describe a horrible event? I wonder if the democrats posts are just as canned? "When is enough enough?" "It's time we do something" etc.

How many posts on this very board say some variation of "We are the only country that this happens in"? 100? 200? More? Are all of your posts "canned"? Duh.

Reactions: NCHawk5
The only way things will change is when politicians kids start getting ****ing wasted by gunman.

I am not advocating for that but it’s the truth
Same with letting pieces of shit walk straight in and straight out of jail in every Fing blue city in the country. That's Libby judges and lawyers, so the politicians can get in line.

Same with letting pieces of shit walk straight in and straight out of jail in every Fing blue city in the country. That's Libby judges and lawyers, so the politicians can get in line.
Deflection and delusion and pathological dishonesty.

The Republican party is now a violent Trump cult and in this case a high school kid walked out of high school on his 18th birthday and went to a gun store and bought enough weaponry to slaughter children. No waiting period. No screening. Just as easy as going to the store and buying smoothie.

If he did not have access to these types of weapons this would not of happened. And you know it and will never admit it, which is pure delusion and pathetic cowardice.

and the prison system is colossal and punitive as it is just create more criminals. It is a system that is designed to profit huge corporations that is. Do United States has the largest prison population in the world, because prisoners are great customers for the prison industrial complex. Great sources of revenue. Hooray for Neoliberal Capit

The United States is the only major country that has corporations profiting off of juvenile detention or adult prisons as well as deluding the public into thinking that the more guns the better because it’s better for the bottom line

It is evil. It is sick. And so is anyone who tries to defend such an evil system. “The banality of evil” means people who think they are doing their duty or doing good are unselfaware enough that they truly believe they are in the right.

no sane, Honest, good, responsible person can excuse or defend the system we have set up around guns in this country, or prisons, or national efforts to cover up historical facts, which is straight out of Orwells 1984, etc.

last week liberals: if you ban abortion women will just get them illegally! And celebrated with coat hangers.

this week: let’s ban all guns!

last week liberals: if you ban abortion women will just get them illegally! And celebrated with coat hangers.

this week: let’s ban all guns!
No one "celebrated with coat hangers" you idiot. It's a protest, and I even mocked this same sentiment with my avatar.

And no one said "ban all guns." Conservatives have no arguments without straw men. And that's really the problem. Even you idiots really know the only thing that will work, but god forbid your toys get taken. The ones you need because you are so scared of minorities. You people are as smooth-brained as they come.

No one "celebrated with coat hangers" you idiot. It's a protest, and I even mocked this same sentiment with my avatar.

And no one said "ban all guns." Conservatives have no arguments without straw men. And that's really the problem. Even you idiots really know the only thing that will work, but god forbid your toys get taken. The ones you need because you are so scared of minorities. You people are as smooth-brained as they come.
Just curious what do you think kills more people in this country guns or abortion? I’m not asking for your opinion on either just a by the numbers answer…

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
Yeah really. You'd think they could use their own words vs a template.
Just like every person on this board. "Mental health is the problem" "other countries don't have this problem". Canned responses over and over and over again.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie
Formula:

And WTF is your formula for consoling people about their loss? To become self-absorbed in political mantra? JFC give it a rest

Just like every person on this board. "Mental health is the problem" "other countries don't have this problem". Canned responses over and over and over again.
Do other countries experience this problem anywhere near the level that we do?

bottom line, My guns, MY rights! No man can tell me what to do with my guns! This is a private matter between me and my armory.

Do other countries experience this problem anywhere near the level that we do?
Absolutely not. The difference is how easy it is to obtain a weapon in the US. It's actually more hassle to adopt a pet from a shelter than it is to buy a gun in most states.
For the record, I don't want to take guns away, except I still don't see the reason for john q. public to carry an AR with high capacity magazines while wearing body armor.
If you claim you use them for hunting you must be a hell of a bad shot. Give me a shotgun or regular rifle for hunting and I'm good. An AR-15 with the standard .223 ammo is not a good weapon for hunting deer.

ADVERTISEMENT