ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Strategist: "we’re seeing the contrast of the politics of combat versus the politics of compassion"

NoleATL

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007

GOP Strategist: Dems “Ripped Off The Roof” Last Night​

August 21, 2024

“Well, first of all, I think the Democrats should be congratulated for this night. It was well-produced. The music, the Obamas, the whole thing worked for them tonight.
“I think the contrast that I see – and I don’t know which is gonna win – but we’re seeing the contrast of the politics of combat versus the politics of compassion. That’s what the Obamas were trying to set up tonight in my judgment.
“I should warn my fellow Republicans that we heard two of the greatest political communicators in the country tonight.
“Now, we had Hulkamania. The Democrats have Obamamania. They ripped the roof off of this place tonight. These Democrats are fired up. They’re not playing.” – Republican strategist Scott Jennings, last night on CNN.

• Love
Reactions: Torg and Huey Grey
Dems have crushed this convention so far. Monday was so good. So good, I was wondering if they could top it Tuesday. But they did. At this point I'm assuming that tonight and especially tomorrow will be blockbusters. Dems don't appear to be taking anything for granted. Every angle is being maximized. The rock star roll call, syncing up a live speech by Harris just as California voted for her, amazing speaker after speaker. Every last inch of this convention has been exceptional.

Dems have crushed this convention so far. Monday was so good. So good, I was wondering if they could top it Tuesday. But they did. At this point I'm assuming that tonight and especially tomorrow will be blockbusters. Dems don't appear to be taking anything for granted. Every angle is being maximized. The rock star roll call, syncing up a live speech by Harris just as California voted for her, amazing speaker after speaker. Every last inch of this convention has been exceptional.
Taylor Swift Thursday?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT