ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans and “Right leaners”

We have been through this stuff before but there were simply too many irregularities in the voting tabulation and procedures for me to trust the process.

Voting procedures were changed in several states without a vote of the legislature, and unfortunately, this opened the door for lots of chicanery. This was all done during the lead up to voting and while not done in the dark, it was all kind of offstage. Everyone learned of the changes after the vote had taken place and seemingly no corrective measures could take place.

Nancy Pelosi tried to change our national voting rules and introduced H.R.1. which failed. Then various states took up the cause and passed most of the changes locally. The ideas were hers, but the bills were remarkably similar and were implemented in individual states.

I have no idea how much cheating occurred, but clearly no one in any of those states wants to dig into it. There have simply been no attempts to figure out the real numbers. ... none ...anywhere.

Everything has been shouted down by the Democrats or reframed to their liking. There has been a lot of noise but no activity.

Was the election stolen? Who really knows. I do not think anyone really wants to know the truth.

Trump? If he is the nominee, I will vote for him. I thought he did a commendable job in view of the uphill battles he faced on a daily basis (Pee Tapes and so on)

His tax bill was a breath of fresh air and blowing up ISIS with no questions asked was also refreshing. His focus on immigration and secure borders was good. Energy independence was a huge achievement. Lower fuel prices go a long way toward offsetting tax hikes and other upward pressures on the cost of living. We should actually be exporting oil at this point in time.

Going forward, I am concerned about Ukraine for the most part. I am not sure he cares much about the Russia threat. He turned out to be right on China and did manage to rein in N. Korea for the duration of his presidency. Russia's foray into Ukraine is a generational threat and the success or lack of success will change the trajectory of World history. It is singularly the greatest threat in the new century. I never hear Trump talk about this issue, so I will have to wait and see.

--- And one other thing: Trump clearly understands that the climate lobby is all nonsense. We as a nation are too far in debt to spend money on such a speculative wild goose chase.

All I can say for now is that I will be voting Republican in the presidential race.
He said he wanted to hear from moderates. Anyone voting for Trump is not that. You’re a nut.

I’m so sick of people whining about the smallest bullshit, meanwhile Republicans are taking away women’s rights and leading us on the path to fascism.

BLM, defunding the police and the “far left” have no god damn power in the Democratic Party. As much as I would love that to be true, the real power is with the moderates.

But go ahead and continue refusing to vote for Dems because whatever crap reasoning you want to tell yourself.

I’m so sick of people whining about the smallest bullshit, meanwhile Republicans are taking away women’s rights and leading us on the path to fascism.

BLM, defunding the police and the “far left” have no god damn power in the Democratic Party. As much as I would love that to be true, the real power is with the moderates.

But go ahead and continue refusing to vote for Dems because whatever crap reasoning you want to tell yourself.
This exactly.

But was the election stolen from him????!!!
It may have been. How in the Dickens would I know? I do not think that any kind of comprehensive audit or analysis has been conducted, so that question appears destined to go unanswered. I have noticed that whenever anyone suggests a deep dive involving analysis of registrations, and cross-checking against polling, and so on ... That some liberal somewhere starts calling "Never mind that stuff, look over here - at the Dominion Voting machines." No one ever gets around to even having a conversation relating to what is possible in a statistical deep dive.

One of the side issues here is that more than a few voters did not trust the outcome. That needs to be addressed going forward or our Democracy will fail.

The real solution is to require in-person, ID required voting. This "everyone gets mailed a ballot" and everyone is trusted to mark it and mail it themselves" system has too many ways for people to cheat. There will always be mysterious Midnight transportation of ballots, and boxes of filled out mail-in ballots going missing and similar boxes reappearing. It also ends up with different standards for what counts as a vote in different vote-counting locations.

The trust factor is going to deteriorate over time unless we somehow devise a system that results in a final result by Midnight California time. I thought we were on the verge of that but instead things became sloppy ... very sloppy.

Last edited:
It may have been. How in the Dickens would I know? I do not think that any kind of comprehensive audit or analysis has been conducted, so that question appears destined to go unanswered. I have noticed that everyone suggests a deep dive involving analysis of registrations, and cross-checking against polling, and so on ... That some liberal somewhere starts calling "Never mind that stuff, look over here - at the Dominion Voting machines." No one ever gets around to even having a conversation relating to what is possible in a statistical deep dive.

One of the side issues here is that more than a few voters did not trust the outcome. That needs to be addressed going forward or our Democracy will fail.

The real solution is to require in-person, ID required voting. This "everyone gets mailed a ballot" and everyone is trusted to mark it and mail it themselves system has too many ways for people to cheat. There will always be mysterious Midnight transportation of ballots, and boxes of filled out mail-in ballots going missing and similar ones reappearing.
Precisely!!! Well said.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
We have been through this stuff before but there were simply too many irregularities in the voting tabulation and procedures for me to trust the process.

Voting procedures were changed in several states without a vote of the legislature, and unfortunately, this opened the door for lots of chicanery. This was all done during the lead up to voting and while not done in the dark, it was all kind of offstage. Everyone learned of the changes after the vote had taken place and seemingly no corrective measures could take place.

Nancy Pelosi tried to change our national voting rules and introduced H.R.1. which failed. Then various states took up the cause and passed most of the changes locally. The ideas were hers, but the bills were remarkably similar and were implemented in individual states.

I have no idea how much cheating occurred, but clearly no one in any of those states wants to dig into it. There have simply been no attempts to figure out the real numbers. ... none ...anywhere.

Everything has been shouted down by the Democrats or reframed to their liking. There has been a lot of noise but no activity.

Was the election stolen? Who really knows. I do not think anyone really wants to know the truth.

Trump? If he is the nominee, I will vote for him. I thought he did a commendable job in view of the uphill battles he faced on a daily basis (Pee Tapes and so on)

His tax bill was a breath of fresh air and blowing up ISIS with no questions asked was also refreshing. His focus on immigration and secure borders was good. Energy independence was a huge achievement. Lower fuel prices go a long way toward offsetting tax hikes and other upward pressures on the cost of living. We should actually be exporting oil at this point in time.

Going forward, I am concerned about Ukraine for the most part. I am not sure he cares much about the Russia threat. He turned out to be right on China and did manage to rein in N. Korea for the duration of his presidency. Russia's foray into Ukraine is a generational threat and the success or lack of success will change the trajectory of World history. It is singularly the greatest threat in the new century. I never hear Trump talk about this issue, so I will have to wait and see.

--- And one other thing: Trump clearly understands that the climate lobby is all nonsense. We as a nation are too far in debt to spend money on such a speculative wild goose chase.

All I can say for now is that I will be voting Republican in the presidential race.
JFC. How can an otherwise intelligent person spew such dystopian, inane drivel?

Didn't vote for Trump in 2016, voted for him VERY reluctantly in 2020. Would not vote for him under any circumstances in 2024.
I don't believe the election was stolen but I think we need to return to in person voting whenever possible. It's too easy for people to imagine how the current system of lock boxes, etc. could be cheated and that results in all sorts of mistrust. Restoring integrity and confidence in elections starts with a system that looks organized and secure. Currently, it looks like chaos. I currently get six blank ballots mailed to my house for every election without having to request them (one for me and one for each of my 5 kids). There's no checks on who fills those ballots out. That sort of stuff is just asking for problems.
Big city police departments, FBI, and DOJ all need reform, not defunding.

Up until January 6th, I felt I’d voted for the lesser of two evils. Now I agree the current republicans are worse than normal Dems. The ultra libs , BLM, reparations wanting, pro Lia Thomas folks aren’t good, but may get my vote if it’s Trump running. I’m telling you, neither party fits me at all. I’m a hunter, but am environmentalist, a pro tax the ultra wealthy, but cut taxes on small business, quit handing shit to useless eaters, shrink the military but keep it strong, change healthcare kind of guy
This is almost identical to my take. This country needs a healthy conservative party of adults and instead we have a collection of extremists, half-wits, and circus clowns. The lunatic fringe has completely taken over the Republican party, and that is scary because the GOP has always been counted on in the past to balance out the loony, limousine libs. Now, we live in an era in which libs like AOC seem more stable and intelligent than over half the desecrations in the current GQP. W…T…F?

Our country is in deep-shit trouble. It’s not because we have given idiots on the far right like @The Tradition, @Titanhawk2, @Howard Roarkes Ghost, @gonegolfing, @23 so far, etc. a “Safe Space” to be emboldened to flaunt their delicate, radically conservative sensibilities. We’ve always had dumbasses who think their voice merits public consumption. No, the problem is we have too many reasonably intelligent people on the right—like @Titus Andronicus and @Whiskeydeltadeltatango—who want to continue burying their heads in the sand and pretend the current GQP is not an existential threat to the United States of America. That’s the real problem.

I will take @Chishawk1425 and his piss-soaked pants every day that ends in “y” given the alternative. **** the ****** desecrations!

It’s precious how you have exactly one point that you repeat twenty times a day because it’s blown your mind so much. It’s by no means unprecedented; see Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Yang, and Bernie Sanders’ donations from the right.
Those 3 aren’t framed as “threats to democracy “ …..

That’s the difference…

Then maybe when Dems get on their debate stage, they shouldn’t do shit like all raise their hands when asked if deportations will stop if they’re elected. When they all try to out-lunatic each other on national TV, people tend to see how crazy they are and how stupidly they wish to rule.

Those 3 aren’t framed as “threats to democracy “ …..

That’s the difference…
Oh really?

They’re both old.

Dumb.

And incapable.
And I really don’t believe this. Methinks Biden has done a fairly commendable job as POTUS. He isn’t a loud-mouthed liar. He is old..and makes “gaffs”...but hinestly, what does that hurt? He isn’t afraid to walk-back hi so misspeaks. He is an honorable man. Honestly, Trump was nothing but a grifter who surrounded himself with “yes” men. What occurred on 1/6 was treasonist in nature Nd is deserving of prison time.

Oh really?

Sean Hannity?

The whole Democratic Party is saying these MAGA candidates are a threat to democracy along with most of the MSM.

You’re not really arguing it’s equivalent are you?

If so….I guess your saying these election deniers are NOT a threat to democracy. Interesting….

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Precisely!!! Well said.
This has ALL been shown to be conspiratorial bullshit, INX. There comes a time when you just have to believe what has been proven. There have been more than one very logical explanation about how and when ballots were counted...and there has NEVER been any verifiable evidence that a ballot counting conspiracy was ever conducted. EVER.
I don’t know what else to tell you....Trump got his ever-loving ass kicked in the general, lost a couple of states “close”....but his loss in ‘20 was not much different than Hilary’s loss in ‘16. The difference was....she moved on.

The Sean Hannity, Limbaugh crowd at work. "Loudmouths", is this the new buzzword?

The bizarreness of you people. It seems like everything is projection, I mean everything.
A loudmouth is someone who has to chime in on everything and spew the same drivel when you want to hear someone else speak. We know what a lot of the loudmouths on here have to say.

Registered R, though voted Johnson then Biden. Never voted Trump, never will. I now consider myself an independent voter, leaning right. I do not think the election was stolen.

If Trump is the candidate I will decide my vote based on who the D candidate is. My vote will be either D, or third party. If the R candidate is someone other than Trump, then I will consider all candidates and vote for who I think is best to lead our country.

A loudmouth is someone who has to chime in on everything and spew the same drivel when you want to hear someone else speak. We know what a lot of the loudmouths on here have to say.

Everyone who has contributed in this thread contributes to 95% of the politics on this board. Do you think someone who has refrained from answering, is all of a sudden going to chime in because of your thread?

You're not only a dumb F, you're a delusional one at that.

Registered R, though voted Johnson then Biden. Never voted Trump, never will. I now consider myself an independent voter, leaning right. I do not think the election was stolen.

If Trump is the candidate I will decide my vote based on who the D candidate is. My vote will be either D, or third party. If the R candidate is someone other than Trump, then I will consider all candidates and vote for who I think is best to lead our country.

Gee, @RollingBallofButcherKnives look at all of the folks who never respond to political threads showing up here. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT