ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans and “Right leaners”

One last point-so if you don’t believe it was stolen, how could anyone vote for someone who flat out lies about it? Speaking generally here and not to anyone in particular…

So basically it’s all the same then….

I thought these MAGA election deniers were a special case….a threat to democracy.

I guess not….Dems backing them is the same as the R’s wanting to run against Bernie.

I’ve seen the error of my ways and will stop bringing it up….it’s just normal politics.
I'm on record saying I don't like what the Dems are doing here but yes... BAU in politics. I believe strongly that we all should be focused on what's best for the country, not any 1 party. I'm very seriously thinking of registering R so I can vote in the primary to help defeat Trump if he's running again but Colorado is so late in the process it might not matter at that point

Yeah it is! 😆
Thanks for posting what I actually said. I guess to you, siding means voting. I even said, in the same post, that I will vote D once in a while. The exact same post you are quoting. Siding with Dems or joining their side is what I simply can not do. I also can’t support what the Republican platform is, currently. The extreme sides on this board are disgusting in their approach and treatment of others who think differently.

Isn’t that what a lot of this is about. The Ds want more to think and vote like them. The Rs want more to think and vote with them. Very rarely is any side swayed away from the other. Instead we get a giant circle jerk of the same opinions rehashed every single day. Both sides are entrenched. My side is better than your side. If you are in the middle, GTFO, you are a wasted vote.

One last point-so if you don’t believe it was stolen, how could anyone vote for someone who flat out lies about it? Speaking generally here and not to anyone in particular…
I Think your search might actually find 2-5 individuals who are willing to vote Trump in 2024.

We have 2-5 that actually think it was stolen. They will vote trump. You might find half a dozen then will admit to voting trump, but don’t think the election was stolen. Most of them won’t vote for Trump again and are praying he doesn’t run.

Thanks for posting what I actually said. I guess to you, siding means voting. I even said, in the same post, that I will vote D once in a while. The exact same post you are quoting. Siding with Dems or joining their side is what I simply can not do. I also can’t support what the Republican platform is, currently. The extreme sides on this board are disgusting in their approach and treatment of others who think differently.

Isn’t that what a lot of this is about. The Ds want more to think and vote like them. The Rs want more to think and vote with them. Very rarely is any side swayed away from the other. Instead we get a giant circle jerk of the same opinions rehashed every single day. Both sides are entrenched. My side is better than your side. If you are in the middle, GTFO, you are a wasted vote.
The 2 party system can be a bitch….

Depends on the definition of “stolen” was it stolen in the sense that there was a substantial amount of fraud? No, but without COVID he probably wins.

Trump wouldn’t be my first choice but I don’t think there’s a Ukraine invasion if he were in office today. He has a significant group of adoring fans but I’m not among them. I do want my presidents to be presidential.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
I Think your search might actually find 2-5 individuals who are willing to vote Trump in 2024.

We have 2-5 that actually think it was stolen. They will vote trump. You might find half a dozen then will admit to voting trump, but don’t think the election was stolen. Most of them won’t vote for Trump again and are praying he doesn’t run.
And many who say they won't vote for him now, but would if he is the republican candidate.

Reactions: cjr1310

Sorry, Shawn. This is not living in today's political reality.

Reactions: RileyHawk
It looks to me that more people think Trump is a liar and the election was not stolen. Moderates need to take back the country and compromise needs to redevelop. Only vote for moderates. Repub or Dem doesn’t matter. Extremism is ruining this country. Let’s start a moderate movement to save it.
Do you think Biden is a moderate? If not, what current Dem do you think is moderate? Can you name some Republican party moderates?

Well said

It may have been. How in the Dickens would I know? I do not think that any kind of comprehensive audit or analysis has been conducted, so that question appears destined to go unanswered. I have noticed that whenever anyone suggests a deep dive involving analysis of registrations, and cross-checking against polling, and so on ... That some liberal somewhere starts calling "Never mind that stuff, look over here - at the Dominion Voting machines." No one ever gets around to even having a conversation relating to what is possible in a statistical deep dive.

One of the side issues here is that more than a few voters did not trust the outcome. That needs to be addressed going forward or our Democracy will fail.

The real solution is to require in-person, ID required voting. This "everyone gets mailed a ballot" and everyone is trusted to mark it and mail it themselves" system has too many ways for people to cheat. There will always be mysterious Midnight transportation of ballots, and boxes of filled out mail-in ballots going missing and similar boxes reappearing. It also ends up with different standards for what counts as a vote in different vote-counting locations.

The trust factor is going to deteriorate over time unless we somehow devise a system that results in a final result by Midnight California time. I thought we were on the verge of that but instead things became sloppy ... very sloppy.
This is just complete and total bull shit. There were multiple audits, studies, etc. Exactly zero of them found any reason to think the election was “stolen”. So yes, we know it was a valid election with a result that can be trusted. Continuing to chum the waters with statements like yours can only be done by ignoring reality and suspending disbelief.

Do you think Biden is a moderate? If not, what current Dem do you think is moderate? Can you name some Republican party moderates?
I would vote for Amy
I would vote for Christie, maybe Romney.
No way in hell would I vote for Trump, De Santis or Cruz.
Possibly Noem.
Liz Cheney?
Any other moderate Dems not sure who that may be?
Biden is not as far left as Trumpsters being far right but he is too old. Harris comes across to me as stupid and was only put there because of her race and gender.

Reactions: CaboKP
I would vote for Amy
Possibly Noem.
Liz Cheney?
Biden is not as far left as Trumpsters being far right but he is too old. Harris comes across to me as stupid and was only put there because of her race and gender.
What Biden positions do you consider to be too far left?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Depends on the definition of “stolen” was it stolen in the sense that there was a substantial amount of fraud? No, but without COVID he probably wins.

Trump wouldn’t be my first choice but I don’t think there’s a Ukraine invasion if he were in office today. He has a significant group of adoring fans but I’m not among them. I do want my presidents to be presidential.
Good point! I do not think that many posters actually see this. Putin was supposedly very much afraid of Trump.

What Biden positions do you consider to be too far left?
Vaccine Mandates? (I got one as soon as I could by the way) but mandating it was wrong on a national level in my opinion. Choosing a vp running mate based on race/gender and not just the best candidate overall. He is too old. If he would have a better vp we would be in better shape as a country as a better vp could run against Trump in 2024 if he runs. You tell me. Other than his age/gaffes I don’t think he is doing a terrible job…better than a Sanders or Warren would have.

Vaccine Mandates? (I got one as soon as I could by the way) but mandating it was wrong on a national level in my opinion. Choosing a vp running mate based on race/gender and not just the best candidate overall. He is too old. If he would have a better vp we would be in better shape as a country as a better vp could run against Trump in 2024 if he runs. You tell me. Other than his age/gaffes I don’t think he is doing a terrible job…better than a Sanders or Warren would have.
I am willing to bet any of the Dem candidates for President in 2020 would have imposed mandates. Yes, he is old and I would prefer someone younger, but I don't think any of the other candidates would have achieved more in their first 2 years in office. Personally I'm much further left than Biden, my preferred candidate was Warren, but I think Biden was the right person for the time.

I am willing to bet any of the Dem candidates for President in 2020 would have imposed mandates. Yes, he is old and I would prefer someone younger, but I don't think any of the other candidates would have achieved more in their first 2 years in office. Personally I'm much further left than Biden, my preferred candidate was Warren, but I think Biden was the right person for the time.
My concern is a Warren or Bernie runs against a Trump. I could handle Biden another term if he had his wits a bit better. And a better vp.

Your response to every bit of content on this board is LOL or laughing emojis. Another great contribution as always. /s
I have to admit that "Howard Roarks Ghost" is an extremely clever screen name for use on a political message board. I am not sure his/her views line up that well with Ayn Rand, but time will tell.

The "Fountainhead" is a much better novel than "Atlas Shrugged," albeit not as widely referenced.

Last edited:
The election was not stolen.

I voted for Trump twice. Would be a strange case for me not to vote for him again in the General against anyone in the Dem field.

Would much rather have someone other than Trump win the Primary. Actually hope he doesn't run.

Nikki Haley has been my dream candidate for awhile - though there are many others I can also support.

The election was not stolen.

I voted for Trump twice. Would be a strange case for me not to vote for him again in the General against anyone in the Dem field.

Would much rather have someone other than Trump win the Primary. Actually hope he doesn't run.

Nikki Haley has been my dream candidate for awhile - though there are many others I can also support.
Thanks for the input. A follow up question was how can someone vote for Trump when he outright lies about the last election? The other candidate would have to be Pol Pot before I could vote for Trump.

Thanks for the input. A follow up question was how can someone vote for Trump when he outright lies about the last election? The other candidate would have to be Pol Pot before I could vote for Trump.

I think Trump is a dumb **** that just needs to go away.

That also does not make me far more with what he would/has done (policy related) than what Biden or any other democrat would do.

At the end of the day Trump's toxicity would fade down the memory hole...the policy decisions can last for generations.

I started a 4 page thread. Thinking my contribution here is just a tad better than yours and you started by calling me a dumbf*ck so piss off.

Wow, you started a 4 page political thread, with same 10 yahoos who always talk politics. Do abortion or religion next!! 🤣

Last edited:
I would vote for Amy
Possibly Noem.
Liz Cheney?
I am a fan of Tulsi Gabbard. I think she could actually lead.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
The left’s response to 2016 compared to the right’s response to 2020 is night and day. It is literally a paradigm of what is meant by false equivalency.

We are arguing with morons and hypocrites of the worst kind. It’s unbelievable.
Day after day after day.

Holy crap. Your lefties are way more obsessed with everything Trump then anyone on the right. Like moths to a lightbulb. Same 6 idiots in every thread screaming incessantly.

no it wasn’t stolen, no I’d never vote for him.
CPAC says you’re wrong.

If Trump had acted like a President, for once, not lied and protected Americans instead of himself, he’d still be President. He couldn’t have handled Covid worse.

If Trump had acted like a President, for once, not lied and protected Americans instead of himself, he’d still be President. He couldn’t have handled Covid worse.
I agree he couldn't have handled it worse, but I'm pretty sure we disagree with the reason why. He should have handled it much more like RDS did here in Florida. Focused on protecting the most vulnerable, didn't do a lockdown, followed the math and science...

Maybe you need to look up the definition of facist, commie.
man-you-stupid-doughboy.gif

I’m so sick of people whining about the smallest bullshit, meanwhile Republicans are taking away women’s rights and leading us on the path to fascism.

BLM, defunding the police and the “far left” have no god damn power in the Democratic Party. As much as I would love that to be true, the real power is with the moderates.

But go ahead and continue refusing to vote for Dems because whatever crap reasoning you want to tell yourself.
Then the real Dems should kill the BLM and far left. Limiting abortion to 18 weeks should and would be palatable to both sides

Reactions: abby97
I think Az, Pa, Ga, and Wi have questions. Stolen is a stretch.
Trump no in 24.

They still ask questions. How many audits and recounts does it takes? Enough will never be enough. You can't deal with stupid. What wacky vote totals? Can you or anyone come up with anything except bullshit? You are among the liars until you can come up with something.

Reactions: mattymoknows
ADVERTISEMENT