ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans call it an 'army' but IRS hires will replace retirees, do IT, says Treasury

The Radical Right wants to make this an issue because they tie this into the talking point that the Dems will raise taxes. Even though Joe Manchin specifically explained on Fox Opinion Network that Mericans earning <$400k will not pay more.

It's another example of fear mongering that the cons are so prolific at.

If you don't cheat on your taxes, you have nothing to worry about.
No. It’s not about tax cheats. It’s about weaponizing the IRS to go after people they don’t like. And make no mistake, it already happens, they just want the resources to do it a whole lot more.

That’s not true…they’re funding positions. You don’t need special funding additions to hire replacements. You need new funding for additional positions
You need funding PERIOD. If Congress doesn't provide enough $$ to fund those positions they go unfilled - as they have for years.

The fallacy that you and others on the right are promoting is that there are 87,000 IRS agents to be hired in addition to what's there already. That's false. Not to mention the roles that they will be playing are widely varied.

Just another example of a very good measure being misrepresented by republicans.

That’s not true…they’re funding positions. You don’t need special funding additions to hire replacements. You need new funding for additional positions
The funds still need to be provided in the budget, which hasn't been happening. They could decide to fill these positions in October but would have to RIF sometime in the following year when they run out of money.

No. It’s not about tax cheats. It’s about weaponizing the IRS to go after people they don’t like. And make no mistake, it already happens, they just want the resources to do it a whole lot more.
Bullllllshit!!!! It's about collecting the tax dollars that are owed and not paid.

Why do you believe some should be able to underpay their tax obligations?

So you're playing the "victimhood" card again?

And even if what you say is remotely true...if someone owes taxes, why shouldn't the IRS go after them?

I have zero problem using the tax code to one's benefit. But that isn't your argument.

Reactions: nelly02
You need funding PERIOD. If Congress doesn't provide enough $$ to fund those positions they go unfilled - as they have for years.

The fallacy that you and others on the right are promoting is that there are 87,000 IRS agents to be hired in addition to what's there already. That's false. Not to mention the roles that they will be playing are widely varied.

Just another example of a very good measure being misrepresented by republicans.
JFC

Can you read? My response was specific to replacing retirees.

Those positions are already funded and they didn’t need additional funding to replace them.

JFC

Those positions are already funded and they didn’t need additional funding to replace them.
They need to increase salaries to become more attractive. They are way behind the private sector. Look at a few of the articles I linked.

Reactions: RileyHawk
The funds still need to be provided in the budget, which hasn't been happening. They could decide to fill these positions in October but would have to RIF sometime in the following year when they run out of money.
Not if it’s a funded position.
In addition…a replacement for a retiree would be almost always at lower pay grade and step.

They should have left replacing retirees off their reason list because it’s bs….they already had the funding.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5 and RileyHawk
JFC

They are not. They don't know who is going to retire in 2029. The funding is for a wide variety of uses over many years. It can be moved from one area to another depending on needs. It will fund additional agents and workers to collect the taxes owed and make the IRS more efficient. The additional revenue generated will pay for the additional expenditure - it's a net positive.

But guys like you and the other right wingers don't want to acknowledge that - it's misinformation and deflection all the time.

Not if it’s a funded position.
In addition…a replacement for a retiree would be almost always at lower pay grade and step.

They should have left replacing retirees off their reason list because it’s bs….they already had the funding.
How long was the IRS completely funded before this bill passed?

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Looks like the right wingers are getting a little nervous about cheating on their taxes, what with all of these new hires to assist in auditing tax returns. I guess I don't see the problem, unless of course they're used to cheating. I wonder where they learned how to do that. They ought to be thanking the donald tax cheater trump.
So dumb. Don’t you ever get tired of the government getting bigger and bigger, taking more and more money, and screwing everything up? Financially, what does the government do well? What program would run well if it just had more funding (and more and more and more).

So dumb. Don’t you ever get tired of the government getting bigger and bigger, taking more and more money, and screwing everything up? Financially, what does the government do well? What program would run well if it just had more funding (and more and more and more).
Do you believe you should pay more taxes because you aren't a big corporation?

Medicare and Medicaid, for starters.

Reactions: BGHAWK
They need to increase salaries to become more attractive. They are way behind the private sector. Look at a few of the articles I linked.
All federal work is behind the private sector.

They’ll probably redesignate positions at higher pay grades

I realize how federal pay works. Did it for 6 years.
Part of the increase in funding to make the IRS a more attractive job. I wasn't trying to be a jerk just explaining some of the reasoning. Look at the 2008 article I linked. It looks like shitz but it is a non-partisan organization. These problems have been known for quite a while.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Armed IRS agents roaming the streets with assault rifles making people pay new taxes. Terrifying!

• Haha
Reactions: Funky Bunch
No. It’s about having the ability to go after really wealthy people who are really good at hiding assets from the American government. I have heard about this for years. The IRS doesn’t have the ability to go after people who are really good at avoiding taxes. That’s not everyday Americans. Again Ted Cruz agrees with you. That means you’re wrong.

Reactions: nelly02
How the Right sees the IRS apparently

5ef399db2618b917fc3fdb47

ADVERTISEMENT