ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans- does it bother you that your party lied to you about the SCOTUS pick in 2016?

LOL, you just keep making my point for me. Gangster morality. Anything goes for you and you justify it by telling yourself your enemies/opposition are worse. Trump is the perfect representative of this version of the Republican party.

No morals, no values, just will to power. Yet still keeps this shell of pretending to be the Christian values party, superior to the Democrats. Just full of shit, comprehensively full of it.

You’ve been bloviating like this for the past 15 years. Do you even realize that?

I support the rule of law. The law allows this appointment.

Why are you and other libs afraid of the law?

Well, I'm not a lib but I'll bite.

If Trump wins but the Dems take the Senate, will you be ok if the Senate Majority Leader decides not to proceed with any Trump nominee for 4 years because of .... oh, I don't know ... global warming?

The Constitution requires the president to submit nominations to the Senate for its advice and consent.

They are required to consent or deny nominations. That IS part of their Constitutional responsibility.

Mitch McConnell may disagree, but he abdicated his Constitutional responsibility.

But the Constitution does not require the Senate to provide it's advice and consent.

Which may help explain your inability to provide any text from the document stating the Senate is required to provide its advice and consent.

Or it may just explain that you aint much for cipherin.

You are literally too dumb to realize you are just spouting off Russian propaganda. You are one dumb SOB. Several states have been voting my mail for years and it works just fine. It becomes an issue when you have a foreign adversary working to undermine our election process for the 2nd time with a useful idiot in the White House that screams Russian talking points in just about every public appearance and interview he conducts. Then factor in a a donor inserted into the postal service to cause intentional harm and delays, you talk of a cluster that you morons created. Then you have the army of idiots, including you, that simply want to create chaos to stay in power. you shameless morons are a disgrace.

Holy heaping helping of absolute horseshit you just wrote. WTF have you been reading??!!

You're a republican supporter as evidenced by your posts. All Republicans aren't hypocrites, Mitch McConnel is and those who support such decisions are as well.

The "well, they are too" defense is really lame.

You're an imbecile who can't recognize a liberal as evidenced by your posts.

Remember, everyone who's smart enough not to be a Dem lackey isn't dumb enough to be a Repub lackey. Much like everyone who's smart enough not to be a Repub lackey isn't dumb enough to be a Dem lackey.

But something tells me you're an imbecile who doesn't even know the meaning of "liberalism", so that probably goes a long way towards your inability to recognize a liberal

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
It absolutely is true.

So if the Dems take control, you'd have no problem with them expanding the court or adding states? What about granting citizenship to every illegal alien? If they were to take control of the Senate but not the presidency, would you have a problem with them not confirming another judge for the next four years?

Would it bother you if they ran on right to center policy ideas and then after they won were like, j/k, AOC is running this place?

This idea that you would be okay with those because you support the rule of law is absurd. You support the rule of law when your side has the power and can use that as an excuse to abuse that power.

So if the Dems take control, you'd have no problem with them expanding the court or adding states? What about granting citizenship to every illegal alien? If they were to take control of the Senate but not the presidency, would you have a problem with them not confirming another judge for the next four years?

Would it bother you if they ran on right to center policy ideas and then after they won were like, j/k, AOC is running this place?

This idea that you would be okay with those because you support the rule of law is absurd. You support the rule of law when your side has the power and can use that as an excuse to abuse that power.

Following the law is not abusing power.

This is the current Republican party mindset in a nutshell. Gangster morality. And yet they claim to also be the morals party, the values party. Just so comprehensively full of shit.

Honestly, I don’t hear them claim this all that much these days. I think most of them realize they made a deal with the devil in exchange for power. Deep down most of then know they’re morally bankrupt and completely devoid of integrity. But give their base what they want and own the libs at any cost.

I also think quite a few have been compromised and are being blackmailed. My guess is mostly fear of being outed or fear of having affairs exposed. Absolutely believe that is the case for Graham and Rubio.

You're an imbecile who can't recognize a liberal as evidenced by your posts.

Remember, everyone who's smart enough not to be a Dem lackey isn't dumb enough to be a Repub lackey. Much like everyone who's smart enough not to be a Repub lackey isn't dumb enough to be a Dem lackey.

But something tells me you're an imbecile who doesn't even know the meaning of "liberalism", so that probably goes a long way towards your inability to recognize a liberal
Lol - love it when you go all hissy fit. You are having a real hard time justifying your support of this hypocrisy so you're lashing out. Much like Trump does.

And don't sell yourself short just because you identify as something other than the republicans you're supporting - you're a tremendous lackey nevertheless.

Following the law is not abusing power.
I see you have no answers to the questions posed.

Being within the tenets of the law doesn't necessarily mean what you're doing is right. At this point, republicans don't care about doing what's right or consistent or anything other than having power to appoint judges. It's shameful.

Holy heaping helping of absolute horseshit you just wrote. WTF have you been reading??!!

Ok I'll play. What did you take exception to?

1. Russia is now for a second time meddling in our election. This is a true statement and supported by our very own intelligence agencies.
2. We have a useful idiot in the White House. Also true, do you really need examples of this? Pretty blatant and obvious.
3. Several states already vote by mail without issue or fraud. Also true as I've been receiving ballots in the mail without a specific request for seven years I believe.
4. Trump delivers Russian interference talking points and disinformation constantly. Probably because he is a Russian asset and they have him leveraged to the balls.
5. A Trump donor and supporter was placed at the top of the postal service and his actions have proven to be disruptive and harmful to their services, credibility and reliability. Quite the coincidence when we will have an election coming up that is more dependent that ever on mail in ballots.
6. I suggested Trump supporters are shameless morons and I'll continue to stand by that statement. You are either a greedy bastard, moron or racist and often a combination of the three to support a deranged, moronic conman and grifter with off the charts narcissism.

Lol - love it when you go all hissy fit. You are having a real hard time justifying your support of this hypocrisy so you're lashing out. Much like Trump does.

And don't sell yourself short just because you identify as something other than the republicans you're supporting - you're a tremendous lackey nevertheless.

I recognize the hypocrisy.

And also the sycophants too dumb to recognize their own hypocrisy.

Have you ever wondered what you'd do with a brain if you had one?

I recognize the hypocrisy.

And also the sycophants too dumb to recognize their own hypocrisy.

Have you ever wondered what you'd do with a brain if you had one?
You're demonstrating you don't even know the definition of hypocrisy. Or sycophant for that matter. Lol.

Oh, and brutal burn. 🙄

You're demonstrating you don't even know the definition of hypocrisy. Or sycophant for that matter. Lol.

Oh, and brutal burn. 🙄

You're demonstrating that for an imbecile, you sure aint not real bright, Jethro.

But that's nothing new.

How 'bout another lap around HROT in your pointy white cap? You know, just for posterity sake.

It was President Obama who told the Cherokee Tribe
in Oklahoma: "If you like your Medicine Man, then
you can keep your Medicine Man."

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
You're demonstrating that for an imbecile, you sure aint not real bright, Jethro.

But that's nothing new.

How 'bout another lap around HROT in your pointy white cap? You know, just for posterity sake.
Ouch - you're on fire! Lol.

Get your homework done.

Do these two arguments sound the same to you?

GOP 2016: We need to let the people decide and that's why we won't hold hearings 7 months before the election.

Dems 2016: Thats BS, the people had a say when they elected Obama for 8 years.

Dems 2020: Okay, if we needed to wait in 2016 for the people to decide when a justice dies in March, surely we need to wait when a justice dies in September.

GOP 2020: No we don't. We were lying about the people needing a say in this four years ago.

If a man (and an entire party) cannot stand for a principle they stated was important to them four years ago, then they certainly will not stand for you when special interest money (and foreign money) rolls into their coffers.

This GOP is all about power, not governance, not the people they represent.

But the Constitution does not require the Senate to provide it's advice and consent.
Which is why Obama probably should have simply appointed him.
Give them a 30 day window to hold hearings, then simply appoint.

Lots of things the Constitution doesn't explicitly require; but empowering any entity is really requiring them to perform their function.

Which is why Obama probably should have simply appointed him.
Give them a 30 day window to hold hearings, then simply appoint.

Lots of things the Constitution doesn't explicitly require; but empowering any entity is really requiring them to perform their function.

The Constitution requires Senate "advice and consent" to appoint a SCOTUS, but it does not require the Senate to provide that advice and consent.

Surely there is a literate child in your neighborhood who iwill take pity on you and provide an explanation.

The Constitution requires Senate "advice and consent" to appoint a SCOTUS, but it does not require the Senate to provide that advice and consent.

Surely there is a literate child in your neighborhood who iwill take pity on you and provide an explanation.
So, what you're saying is the framers of the Constitution specifically put in the responsibility for "advice and consent" from the Senate and specifically refrained from saying they must exercise that responsibility? That was their intention? To give the Senate an opportunity to not perform their responsibilities?

Or, could it be, they never envisioned the Senate being run by a group, whose mission is to serve our country, ever abdicating that responsibility to gain political power on a technicality?

The republicans will succeed with this type of maneuvering for their own interests in the short run. History will not treat them kindly but, hopefully, this stain on our country will be overcome relatively quickly.

Parade around HROT in our pointy white cap some more.

It's the one thing you're really good at.
Are you suggesting that I am a KKK member? BWAAAAAA HAHAHA! You're making even less sense than usual.

Read some history during study hall today.

So, what you're saying is the framers of the Constitution specifically put in the responsibility for "advice and consent" from the Senate and specifically refrained from saying they must exercise that responsibility? That was their intention? To give the Senate an opportunity to not perform their responsibilities?

What I'm saying is that one of us can read, and one of us cannot. And the one who cannot is also too dumb to figure out which is which.

What I'm saying is that one of us can read, and one of us cannot. And the one who cannot is also too dumb to figure out which is which.
In other words, I have no intelligent response to the questions posed so I'll deflect with another insult. Got it.

Too easy.

I find it very hypocritical what the Repubs are doing with the Justice if they get one through before the election. But I find it funny that blind supporting Dems don't think they would have done the same thing when and if they were in power at the end of Obama's tenure. Heck they were clamoring for it. Both parties are hypocritical, power hungry mo fos that's blind supporters think are morally superior.

I find it very hypocritical what the Repubs are doing with the Justice if they get one through before the election. But I find it funny that blind supporting Dems don't think they would have done the same thing when and if they were in power at the end of Obama's tenure. Heck they were clamoring for it. Both parties are hypocritical, power hungry mo fos that's blind supporters think are morally superior.
Read the posts from Riley Hawk in this thread, that is a perfect example of what is going on

But that's not hypocritical in the least. In 2016 Democrats sought to execute the responsibilities set out in the Constitution but the republicans said "no - the people deserve a voice" and changed the rules. Now the Democrats are upset that the republicans aren't following the rules they set out. They have every right to call out the blatant hypocrisy of the Senators who said, on the record, that if a SC seat came open in Trump's last year they would wait until after the election to decide on confirmation.

How do republicans justify this?

The problem is, you can THINK the Democrats would have done the same, but that's only an assumption on your part without evidence supporting it. On the other hand, we KNOW what the Republicans have done and will do now.

Reactions: RileyHawk
But that's not hypocritical in the least. In 2016 Democrats sought to execute the responsibilities set out in the Constitution but the republicans said "no - the people deserve a voice" and changed the rules. Now the Democrats are upset that the republicans aren't following the rules they set out. They have every right to call out the blatant hypocrisy of the Senators who said, on the record, that if a SC seat came open in Trump's last year they would wait until after the election to decide on confirmation.

How do republicans justify this?

In the same hypocritical way the Dems would if the roles were reversed in both instances. Give me a break, I am not defending the Pubs. The 2 parties are both hypocritical AF and think they are not. EFF both of them!

ADVERTISEMENT