ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant & Bar Recs - KCPL district

OsceolaNole

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2002
Wife (no pics but a smoke-show) and I will be in KC for a quick trip - any great recs in the Power & Light district? Never been. What are some of the higher-end options in the area, you know something nice that will charm her panties off?

Reactions: jasonrann
Wife (no pics but a smoke-show) and I will be in KC for a quick trip - any great recs in the Power & Light district? Never been. What are some of the higher-end options in the area, you know something nice that will charm her panties off?
You’re close to the Crossroads. I’d head down there. Big fan of Rockhill Grill. Not super high end but fun atmosphere and good drinks. But there a ton of options down there.

Not really in the P&L area but the Majestic Steakhouse is solid and close. Old school type of place.

No problem.
If you want to pop for a 10 min uber Eddie V’s in the plaza is really good.
Been to EV’s in Tampa and I think Charlotte. Would prefer a local / non-chain joint. I think I’m dead red on the first two recs!

And go Hawks, y’all are looking good against Wisky so far!

Reactions: DogBoyRy

You’re close to the Crossroads. I’d head down there. Big fan of Rockhill Grill. Not super high end but fun atmosphere and good drinks. But there a ton of options down there.
Osceola, I worked a block south of Power and Light for ten years. I might have a beer there, but it is a tad overrated and overpriced. Douche factor is also high. Go 5-6 blocks south to Crossroads and there are wonderful local establishments with unique fare. My recommendations:

1. Fox and Pearl - my wife (no pic) ate there for our last anniversary and then had sexy time at Crossroads Hotel. A bit trendy food wise, but delicious with a nice cocktail menu also.

2. Lazia - Modern Italian good.

3. LA Bodega - Tapas, you can literally order anything and not be disappointed.

4. Extra Virgin - A Michael Smith joint and he knows WTF he is doing.

If you are an old school Italian guy, go seven blocks north to Anthony's. The Spino family has owned that since the 50's and it still delivers. If you go there and see a tall lanky guy managing, his name is Vito Spino. Tell him I say hello. Wifey (no pic) and I had our rehearsal dinner there in 2014. I have been dining there for 20 years. Fantastic food and people.

Osceola, I worked a block south of Power and Light for ten years. I might have a beer there, but it is a tad overrated and overpriced. Douche factor is also high. Go 5-6 blocks south to Crossroads and there are wonderful local establishments with unique fare. My recommendations:

1. Fox and Pearl - my wife (no pic) ate there for our last anniversary and then had sexy time at Crossroads Hotel. A bit trendy food wise, but delicious with a nice cocktail menu also.

2. Lazia - Modern Italian good.

3. LA Bodega - Tapas, you can literally order anything and not be disappointed.

4. Extra Virgin - A Michael Smith joint and he knows WTF he is doing.

If you are an old school Italian guy, go seven blocks north to Anthony's. The Spino family has owned that since the 50's and it still delivers. If you go there and see a tall lanky guy managing, his name is Vito Spino. Tell him I say hello. Wifey (no pic) and I had our rehearsal dinner there in 2014. I have been dining there for 20 years. Fantastic food and people.
Great info, thanks @jasonrann I’m coming in for a company event at the Arvest Bank Theatre, staying at the H President, which is why I’m looking at that area or nearby. Fox & Pearl has been mentioned to me by others, I’ll take a look at it.

Reactions: jasonrann
Great info, thanks @jasonrann I’m coming in for a company event at the Arvest Bank Theatre, staying at the H President, which is why I’m looking at that area or nearby. Fox & Pearl has been mentioned to me by others, I’ll take a look at it.
You will NOT be disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT