ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant customer leaves ethnic insult for Latina waitress instead of a tip

Sooooo...you're NOT talking about the specific incident at the particular restaurant in question now? Even though that's exactly what you said you were discussing a scant three pages ago. You're just generally claiming that businesses that treat their customers badly lose business? Can we file that under "No Shit"? And can we then agree that your general premise has absolutely nothing to do with the specific situation under discussion in this thread? Or are you going to spout more stupidity and provide more entertainment? Please choose #2.

Buddy, I don't even know what to tell you at this point in time. There are four or five of you who just don't get the argument being made. Everyone else seems to. So...have fun with that?

giphy.gif

Buddy, I don't even know what to tell you at this point in time. There are four or five of you who just don't get the argument being made. Everyone else seems to. So...have fun with that?

"Buddy"...EVERYONE gets the argument that you're making. We just like making fun of you...and you make it so easy.

No...we're making fun of you because you keep posting that water is wet and think you've made some profound revelation. Don't ever stop.

Made some profound revelation? Talking about common sense? LOL! This thread is only still going on because you SJW don't want to look at reality. I'm going to sound like a giant dick here, but that's why you do the job you do. You hide out in the public sector where your tentative grip with reality is not only accepted, but embraced in most places by people who don't really know how the real world works. You're like an actor who surrounds themselves with yes men because they don't want to be awaken from their dream.

Made some profound revelation? Talking about common sense? LOL! This thread is only still going on because you SJW don't want to look at reality. I'm going to sound like a giant dick here, but that's why you do the job you do. You hide out in the public sector where your tentative grip with reality is not only accepted, but embraced in most places by people who don't really know how the real world works. You're like an actor who surrounds themselves with yes men because they don't want to be awaken from their dream.

Yes...water IS wet. Good boy!

635999810705238206-1719693523_dog%204.gif

I mean, if you edit 18 pages down to less that a couple posts, I would be shocked if you couldn't make this look like my fault. Should I start calling you "CNN?" ;)

Maybe thedirtyglass can explain it to you. He seems to understand what is going on and he just got here. I had to explain it to him once and he picked up on it.

Since this thread seems to be jumping all over the place
i can see it from both aspects of this specific business as well as the aspect of corporate culture in this country as well as how my personal feelings would react in this particular instance

This specific business: this whole fiasco will likely help their business. a business owner stands up in defense of his employee after an idiotic customer left an asshole racist comment while stiffing her on a tip. (the whole thing wouldn't be a discussion if it was just the fact the customer left no tip). People hate racists (real or perceived), so the fact that one got put in their place publicly will bring this particular business owner support (even if they lose a few customers over it)

Corporate America: they like to bend over backwards to a point where they let customers walk all over them, and manager types sit and take it. the more difficult the customer, the more these management type seems to kiss ass. I have seen it countless times.

Now lets get to the meat of the bones on "professionalism". I don't necessarily know or care if the typical member of joe public is so enraged that a receipt would be posted in an attempt to shame a customer (like I said, we all like the "generous tips" story).....but corporate management types being spineless turds that corporate manage types usually are will likely discipline an employee because they want no part in any negative pub (real or perceived). Smaller businesses who are engrained in a community (and have been for a while) have more of a wiggle room i feel..

i personally feel we need to redefine what "professionalism" is. Putting/shaming a customer who is abusive, belligerent, and demeaning should not be considered a sign of "unprofessionalism". In a perfect world, i would like to believe that if more of it happened, customers wouldn't act like entitled asses because of some myth an idiot spewed many years ago about the customer always being right, walk into a business with a sense of entitlement and feels they can be as beligerent as they want and the employees have to put up with it....but years of management types kissing these people's asses will make it so this never happens.

I have dealt with the public for many years, i can tell stories (i told one earlier in this thread) like the guy who went to narc on me to management after he interrupted me when I told him i would be with him as soon as i was finished with the customer that I was talking to when he interrupted me. I saw him up from talking to the front end manager, I heard him say something about being rude, i walked to him and said "you were the rude one, you were the one that interrupted me when I was with another customer, you were the one that stormed off when i told you i would help you when i was done" and then i mic dropped and went back to my department. Luckily i heard nothing of it.

Corporate America: they like to bend over backwards to a point where they let customers walk all over them, and manager types sit and take it. the more difficult the customer, the more these management type seems to kiss ass. I have seen it countless times.

Comcast disagrees with you....

i will agree that an exception is made for a company that locks you into a contract for using their service (or even utilities where you really have no choice on who you can go through) Why provide good customer service (or good service in general) when you have your customers locked in that will give you a nice payday if they leave?

The worst things that could happen for the consumer was for these cable and internet service providers to adopt the cell phone model of 2 year contracts.

But, my point still stands for a high percentage of businesses that have to hustle to get their money.

I have to give some props to our cable provider, Bright House.

Last week, the wife (no pics) was doing some weeding and hit the buried cable with her shovel, knocking our service out. She called them up, repairman showed up within the hour, and he not only repaired the cable line, but also installed a new signal amplifier.

No charge.

They don't have contracts, either. Cancel whenever you want with no penalty.

Last week, the wife (no pics) was doing some weeding and hit the buried cable with her shovel, knocking our service out. She called them up, repairman showed up within the hour, and he not only repaired the cable line, but also installed a new signal amplifier.

No charge.

I've seen this plot line before... except payment was made via services rendered.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth

No charge.

I had Bright House when I lived in Orlando. I thought they did a pretty good job. Way better than Comcast.

ADVERTISEMENT