ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurant menus are going to decide what you would like to eat.

Gonolz

HB Legend
Aug 6, 2002
One day soon, a menu may judge you.

You’ll walk up to a kiosk in a quick service restaurant and a tiny camera will scan your features, registering your height, age, gender, and mood. Instantly, it will adjust its display, selecting meal options picked just for you.

You look like a burger guy

And if that happens, that restaurant will likely be foregoing some potential business, and their AI program will make even more mistakes going forward. My food taste is extremely variable.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
I wonder how it assess other variables such as dietary goals, cost considerations, and desire to try something new.

And if that happens, that restaurant will likely be foregoing some potential business, and their AI program will make even more mistakes going forward. My food taste is extremely variable.
But think of the advantages! The AI will immediately sense that you're an "I want to speak to your manager" type of guy and you won't even have to ask!

It will no doubt "decide" to sell you the most profitable, easiest to prepare items for everybody. Or if a new option is added - even if it's made of road gravel - it'll pick that so the menu marking types can claim "our exciting new road gravel sandwich is a hit!".

It will no doubt "decide" to sell you the most profitable, easiest to prepare items for everybody. Or if a new option is added - even if it's made of road gravel - it'll pick that so the menu marking types can claim "our exciting new road gravel sandwich is a hit!".
iu

Reactions: NDallasRuss

It's like a Spotify suggestions list. Sometimes you stumble into some great stuff you didn't know existed. Try the rat's asshole! You won't regret it

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4
I can’t wait until the AI recommends chicken to a black person or some other stereotype and we start insisting it’s racist cause everything is

I hate places that require me to scan a QR code or enter my order on a kiosk or whatever tech is so great.

sometimes holding a piece of paper and just telling somebody what you want is faster and easier. This interaction may be dying out but I will likely gravitate towards places that do it.

Reactions: seminoleed
That’s the goal right? Businesses are not doing this stuff to lose money…it’s a business…the goal is to extract more of your money for them…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT