ADVERTISEMENT

Results of Iowa recruits competing at Elite 8 Duals

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004
Complete results:

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:

Go Hawks!
I’ve got a good feeling that our 2023 recruiting classs is going to be historical.

There will be some good matchups at Elite 8 Duals.
Minion has an impressive lineup.

Go Hawks!

Reactions: 24 so far
Nate Jesuroga with a bit of a close match vs Vision Quest. 7-3 win I think. Nate looks very small even down at 120. He and some of the other Sebolt guys are pretty dependent on the go behind, I'd like to see more leg shots and other offense as it's tough to make a living in college on go behinds.

Go Hawks!
You think 2023 recruiting class could be better than 1993 — McGinness, Williams, Ironside, Mena, etc…

Reactions: el dub
You think 2023 recruiting class could be better than 1993 — McGinness, Williams, Ironside, Mena, etc…
That’s a damn high bar to clear but if they land Shapiro like I think they will, it could compete. Always hard to project that far into the future, especially knowing what that class did. The class of 2023, could be very special.

Nate Jesuroga with a bit of a close match vs Vision Quest. 7-3 win I think. Nate looks very small even down at 120. He and some of the other Sebolt guys are pretty dependent on the go behind, I'd like to see more leg shots and other offense as it's tough to make a living in college on go behinds.

Kale Peterson wrecked the guy Nate wrestled in an extra match. Guy got pissy at the end. Peterson is a slick dude.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
That’s a damn high bar to clear but if they land Shapiro like I think they will, it could compete. Always hard to project that far into the future, especially knowing what that class did. The class of 2023, could be very special.
I like what you are saying, but man this is lofty expectations. If they are close we are in great shape and I agree on Shapiro although with the NIL who knows.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
A rare response for me.

Mena was in the Class of ‘92 with McIlravy.

Ironside was rated no higher than 5th at his weight coming out of high school in ‘93. I knew he was special but the recruiting experts did not.

Cory Christensen of Winterset, IA was also in Class of ’93 and was talented. Transferred to Simpson and won a D3 title.

If I remember right the Class of ‘92 and/or ‘93 was the first #1 ranked recruiting class in Dan Gable’s coaching career. I do not believe the Class of ‘87 was #1. Probably because they were all from Iowa.

As I continue to state in my blog, add Shapiro in and the Class of ‘23 will be the best recruiting class in the history of Iowa Wrestling…..by quite a margin. The potential for three or even four #1 ranked wrestlers and another Top 6 will do that. And counting.

The Class of ‘23 will arrive on campus as the first incoming recruits to have their entire career working out in what I call:“The greatest wrestling training facility…in the world!”

Go Hawks.

Last edited:
A rare response for me.

Mena was in the Class of ‘92 with McIlravy.

Ironside was rated no higher than 5th coming out of high school in ‘93. I knew he was special but the recruiting experts did not.

Cory Christensen of Winterset, IA was also in Class of ’93 and was talented. Transferred to Simpson and won a D3 title.

If I remember right the Class of ‘92 and/or ‘93 was the first #1 ranked recruiting class in Dan Gable’s coaching career. I do not believe the Class of ‘87 was #1. Probably because they were all from Iowa.

As I continue to state in my blog, add Shapiro in and the Class of ‘23 will be the best recruiting class in the history of Iowa Wrestling…..by quite a margin. The potential for three or even four #1 ranked wrestlers and another Top 6 will do that. And counting.

The Class of ‘23 will arrive on campus as the first incoming recruits to have their entire career working out in what I call:“The greatest wrestling training facility…in the world!”

Go Hawks.
Ironside was rated fifth at his weight, at best? (Top 50?)

Riggins gets to legs but has a lot of trouble finishing vs qualify guys. 2-0 Riggins at the break but Riggins couldn't convert multiple deep shots

Every coach in the country should be going "balls to the wall" for Bartelt...

Wins over Stewart and Sasso in consecutive appearances!

Jesuroga just got stuck up 5-0 vs Crapps in a throw. I think Crapps beat Deluca earlier.

Jesuroga just got stuck up 5-0 vs Crapps in a throw. I think Crapps beat Deluca earlier.

DeLuca not competing; it was Miles Anderson that Crapps pinned earlier!
I don't know who it was but they said he won a match 18-18 over the pa system.

ADVERTISEMENT