ADVERTISEMENT

Results of Iowa recruits competing at Elite 8 Duals

Yup...an All Star team. Hats off to Sebolt for taking an all Iowa team and on the verge of getting done with the lead going into HWY. Tough task for young Jake Walker though.
Feed cut out. Walker was losing at the time.

Really honoring the spirit of the competition
Guys, that has ALWAYS been Minions. It's nothing new. The team has always been a mix from all over. They've not been a GA only team for probably 6 or seven years, at least. When they won it two years ago, it was the same way. TBH, Seabolt is probably the only "club" team here. But Minions has never been a club. Always a mix.

The 113 pounder is from Wisconsin but there have been Wisconsin kids who have been actually associated with SWA.
Right. Sebolt has kids come from out of state. Another top notch young kid from Wisconsin is Haakon Peterson (sp). He's a hammer.

And unrelated but adding to what another poster said, I would love to find a way to get Gable Porter into the program. Not necessarily a top recruit or a need but the kid is just tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 so far
The 113 pounder is from Wisconsin but there have been Wisconsin kids who have been actually associated with SWA.
So there’s one kid on the Seabolt team that’s from Wisconsin and the rest, other than the Frosts(moved from LA I recall) were born in Iowa?

So there’s one kid on the Seabolt team that’s from Wisconsin and the rest, other than the Frosts(moved from LA I recall) were born in Iowa?
I think the Jesuroga's moved to Iowa. Not certain where the rest of the kids on the team were born.

Reactions: Gobblin
Everyone but the 1 kid attended highschool in Iowa and are regulars in the SWA. The 1 kid may spend time training at SWA as well. Not sure but Haakon Peterson also from Wisconsin has been a SWA member. Shit 8 of the lineup are from SEP or WSR.

Reactions: Grip220 and Gobblin
Complete results:

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

would have been interesting to throw; Porter, Garvin, Naak, and Voelker out there with them for the weekend
I would agree. Especially if Minions would have had their usuals, Caleb Henson, Gabe Arnold, and Chase Horne (All OG, Georgia Minions) in their usual spots. Now that would have been a party to behold!!

I would agree. Especially if Minions would have had their usuals, Caleb Henson, Gabe Arnold, and Chase Horne (All OG, Georgia Minions) in their usual spots. Now that would have been a party to behold!!
Seems like it was pretty entertaining as it was. 1 point dual, doesn't get much closer than that!

Reactions: ao_coachphil
ADVERTISEMENT