ADVERTISEMENT

Retirement gift suggestions

OrlandNole

HR Heisman
Nov 29, 2003
Nashvegas
My brother in law is retiring from the Navy after 30+ years of service. He is a Command Master Chief and currently stationed at the Naval War College in Newport, RI.

He's having a pretty big ceremony in May. I'd like to get him a nice gift. Any suggestions? He's not into golf or a big drinker. He served on a sub for probably 20 years, but has been in leadership development for the last part of his career, and is what he'll probably do in his post-Naval career.

Thanks!

Elegant-wooden-rocking-chair.jpg

This is probably too much. When my father retired a bought him a cruise that was themed for one of his hobbies. It features experts who gave seminars and presentations. He enjoyed the crap out of that. His favorite trip ever. If you can find something like that in your price range it’s an idea.

This is probably too much. When my father retired a bought him a cruise that was themed for one of his hobbies. It features experts who gave seminars and presentations. He enjoyed the crap out of that. His favorite trip ever. If you can find something like that in your price range it’s an idea.
Interesting. What was his hobby?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. My BIL already has more hookers and blow than he can use. Keep em coming!

Interesting. What was his hobby?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. My BIL already has more hookers and blow than he can use. Keep em coming!
He worked on antique tractors. They had seminars on things like transmission repair. Not for me but that was his thing.

Reactions: OrlandNole
He worked on antique tractors. They had seminars on things like transmission repair. Not for me but that was his thing.

They is a very specific cruise agenda.

Also could have been hilarious misbook with the amount of tranny cruises that are available

Reactions: OrlandNole
They is a very specific cruise agenda.

Also could have been hilarious misbook with the amount of tranny cruises that are available
It was put together by the national chapter of his antique tractor club. I think there was a tax element to it for many. Tractor restoration is a pretty big business. Selling parts and the like. I think many people took part because they could write off a cruise. I don’t know. That was my suspicion. He didn’t have a business so it didn’t apply to him.

Reactions: HROT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT