ADVERTISEMENT

Retiring GA Lt Gov Got “Hundreds” Of Death Threats

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
No expense should be spared in tracking down every person who has tossed out a death threat to officials doing their jobs...

“I’ve got three kids — three boys ages 19, 15, 10. I’m married to my high school sweetheart. These have been some very interesting times for us. I’m proud to have them on my team, they’ve been very supportive.

“But when you receive death threats from hundreds of Republicans from around the country, that’s a problem, when you’re only sitting there telling the truth.

“There’s a better day ahead. I’m proud to go to work on behalf of my family and 11 million Georgians, but this is bigger than Georgia.

“It’s time to create a movement, a movement that is worthy to ask for millions and tens of millions of people to vote for.” – GOP Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan, this morning on Morning Joe. Yesterday Duncan announced that he will not seek reelection.

If true - that’s reprehensible.

That said, how do we know if he actually got any death threats? And if so, were any of them tracked down and prosecuted?

I hate to be such a cynic but everyone always says they receive death threats when they take unpopular positions. Maybe they all do? I don’t know. Just seems that someone somewhere would get caught and prosecuted for such things, given these are public officials w/increased security, etc.

If true - that’s reprehensible.

That said, how do we know if he actually got any death threats? And if so, were any of them tracked down and prosecuted?

I hate to be such a cynic but everyone always says they receive death threats when they take unpopular positions. Maybe they all do? I don’t know. Just seems that someone somewhere would get caught and prosecuted for such things, given these are public officials w/increased security, etc.

Would it surprise you a single bit to learn that an anti-Trump GOP Lieutenant Governor received death threats from within the party? I'm buying what he's selling.

Sidenote - I recently learned that Duncan was a professional player in the Marlins organization.

Wiki wiki wow

Would it surprise you a single bit to learn that an anti-Trump GOP Lieutenant Governor received death threats from within the party? I'm buying what he's selling.

Sidenote - I recently learned that Duncan was a professional player in the Marlins organization.

Wiki wiki wow
Definitely wouldn't surprise me.

And I'm not even so much commenting on this guy claiming it as I am the somewhat popular refrain of people that always seem to say they receive them whenever things go poorly for them.

But most people suck...so it's probably the case that they're all telling the truth and they really are getting death threats.

Reactions: RunRonnieRun
No expense should be spared in tracking down every person who has tossed out a death threat to officials doing their jobs...

“I’ve got three kids — three boys ages 19, 15, 10. I’m married to my high school sweetheart. These have been some very interesting times for us. I’m proud to have them on my team, they’ve been very supportive.

“But when you receive death threats from hundreds of Republicans from around the country, that’s a problem, when you’re only sitting there telling the truth.

“There’s a better day ahead. I’m proud to go to work on behalf of my family and 11 million Georgians, but this is bigger than Georgia.

“It’s time to create a movement, a movement that is worthy to ask for millions and tens of millions of people to vote for.” – GOP Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan, this morning on Morning Joe. Yesterday Duncan announced that he will not seek reelection.

And if he had it to do all over again, he'd still vote for Trump. Couldn't care less.

Reactions: NoleATL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT