ADVERTISEMENT

Revealed: Media Blitz Against Heat Pumps Funded by Gas Lobby Group

Dec 31, 2014
Motherfückers!

& willing media cünts were all too happy to run the stories for controversy and ad $$$$$

“An energy trade association that represents and promotes gas boilers and manufacturers is behind a barrage of negative press attacking heat pumps, DeSmog has learned.

Over the past two years, the Energy and Utilities Association (EUA) has paid a public affairs firm to generate hundreds of articles and interviews to lobby the UK government on energy policy.

No wonder the UK is so far behind and their government officials behave as if they are total morons.

Last edited:
Most houses with heat pumps also have a gas furnace. In our old house the gas furnace would take over at 15 degrees outside air temp.

They have dual stage ones, now, so you don't need the gas furnace.

-29C is -20F

Back in the day, heat pumps really took a beating and many homes with electric heat converted over to gas....at considerable day to day savings. Those damn winter heat bills were horrid...and here in Iowa, utility companies were really taking a PR hit and folks were paying their winter heat bills damn near year round.
To find out there might have been some skullduggery involved by the utilities industry to gain economics favor can hardly be surprising.

Most houses with heat pumps also have a gas furnace. In our old house the gas furnace would take over at 15 degrees outside air temp.

Are you aware heat pumps have improved and operate below 15F? These newer tech came about around 2010.

Heat pumps work in Canada and Sweden.

Are you aware heat pumps have improved and operate below 15F? These newer tech came about around 2010.

Heat pumps work in Canada and Sweden.
My heat pump (installed in 2011) is terribly inefficient below about 30 F. I use gas from about the first of November until the end of March.

The newer heat pumps will operate at lower outdoor temps, but not to the extreme, and not very efficiently,.. If you're in a climate that commonly experiences temperatures below 10 deg. F for extended periods of time,.. (essentially the entire US upper Midwest & Canada),... you are going to want some type of supplemental heating system...

The newer heat pumps will operate at lower outdoor temps, but not to the extreme, and not very efficiently,.. If you're in a climate that commonly experiences temperatures below 10 deg. F for extended periods of time,.. (essentially the entire US upper Midwest & Canada),... you are going to want some type of supplemental heating system...

What if you like your house at 60 degrees?

Yes that’s where our was set due to the women in the house constantly being cold with the luke warm air the heat pump provided.

#StillUnawareOfNewerModelHeatPumps

Did you know that cars now use this thing called "fuel injection" instead of "carburetors" ?

Nope. No longer true with newer models/2 stage systems.

It's too early for research. How exactly does a heat pump work and why is it more efficient (when working properly)?

Heat pumps work by using the common refrigeration cycle,.. (compressor/condenser/expansion valve/evaporator).., to capture and transfer heat energy, from indoors to outdoors in the summer for cooling, or by working in reverse to capture and transfer heat energy, from outdoors to indoors in the winter for heating,.. Heat pumps are commonly available in air to air, water to air, and water to water configurations, making them very adaptable to many situations...

Appears you may have the old tech. What would it cost to replace your system?
My furnace/heat pump in 2011 was about $12,000. I’m guessing ~$20,000 now🤷‍♂️.
I’m on off peak and since I’ve had my house gas has always been cheaper.
If I was going to change and invest in a system I would go geothermal.

My furnace/heat pump in 2011 was about $12,000. I’m guessing ~$20,000 now🤷‍♂️.
I’m on off peak and since I’ve had my house gas has always been cheaper.
If I was going to change and invest in a system I would go geothermal.

Geothermal systems will typically utilize the water to air and/or water to water heat pump configurations working in conjunction with a recirculated glycol solution and vertical or horizontal ground loops...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT