ADVERTISEMENT

Revised 2022 Big Ten football schedule will be announced tomorrow

Apr 8, 2003
On Wednesday at 11 a.m. CT/noon ET on the Big Ten Network, a revised 2022 Big Ten football schedule will be released. The updated schedule will be announced on B1G Today and accounts for alterations made during the 2020 football season.

B1G Today can be streamed on your tablet or mobile device via the Fox Sports App. The Big Ten Conference will also send out a press release recapping the 2022 football schedule following the on-air announcement.

Reactions: Birdmanil
In 2020, the schedules got messed up because the Big Ten's hastily arranged schedule didn't fully account for the regular rotation established 2014-2019.

For example, Nebraska played at Purdue in 2019, and then the Big Ten scheduled Nebraska-Purdue again in West Lafayette in 2020. The 2020 Nebraska-Wisconsin game in Lincoln was canceled because of COVID issues in Madison. So the Nebraska-Purdue game for 2021 was switched to Lincoln instead of playing a third straight year in West Lafayette. To balance the 2021 schedule, the Nebraska-Wisconsin game (originally scheduled for Lincoln) was moved to Madison. This just makes up for the switch from last year.

In the East, there were a couple of games involving Indiana that were affected similarly because of the hastily arranged 2020 COVID schedule.

JFC, we finally have a respectable B1G schedule in 2022 and they're going to f it up? Gee, I sure hope we get Indiana and Maryland again to go along with Rutgers...

FBSchedule22_.png

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Big Ten Announces 2022 Football Schedules

IOWA CITY, Iowa --
The University of Iowa football team opens the 2022 season with three straight home contests before beginning Big Ten Conference play Sept. 24 at Rutgers. The Big Ten Conference announced the entire 2022 football schedule Tuesday.

The Hawkeyes open the season Sept. 3 in Kinnick Stadium, hosting South Dakota State. The annual Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series contest with Iowa State is Sept. 10. Iowa hosts Nevada on Family Weekend to close nonconference play Sept. 17.

Iowa’s initial home game within conference play takes place Oct. 1 as the Hawkeyes host defending conference champion Michigan. Additional Big Ten home games include Homecoming versus Northwestern on Oct. 29, Wisconsin on Nov. 12, and Senior Day versus Nebraska on Black Friday, Nov. 25.

The Hawkeyes play five conference road games. Along with Rutgers, Iowa travels to Illinois (Oct. 8), Ohio State (Oct. 22), Purdue (Nov. 5) and Minnesota (Nov. 19). Iowa’s open date in Oct. 15.

Season ticket renewals and new season ticket orders for Iowa’s 2022 home games are currently on sale at https://hawkeyesports.com/footballtickets/.

Fight for Iowa (FFI), Black Mini Plan, and Gold Mini Plan ticket options, along with single game ticket sales, will be made available at a later date.

Previously released schedules will also be modified in the future as a result of adjustments to the 2020 football schedule.

Following is Iowa’s 2022 football schedule:

Sept. 3 South Dakota State
Sept. 10 Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)
Sept. 17 Nevada (Family Weekend)
Sept. 24 at Rutgers
Oct. 1 Michigan
Oct. 8 at Illinois
Oct. 15 Open
Oct. 22 at Ohio State
Oct. 29 Northwestern (Homecoming)
Nov. 5 at Purdue
Nov. 12 Wisconsin
Nov. 19 at Minnesota
Nov. 25 Nebraska (Senior Day)
Dec. 3 Big Ten Championship

So other than a non-con for Minny, it looks like the Black Friday game is the only Friday game? Locksley bitched enough to get rid of those?

So other than a non-con for Minny, it looks like the Black Friday game is the only Friday game? Locksley bitched enough to get rid of those?
I had the same thought. But, they announced in late May that Iowa-Maryland was a Friday game. I am guessing this is the schedule until they decide to change it.

Big Ten Announces 2022 Football Schedules

IOWA CITY, Iowa --
The University of Iowa football team opens the 2022 season with three straight home contests before beginning Big Ten Conference play Sept. 24 at Rutgers. The Big Ten Conference announced the entire 2022 football schedule Tuesday.

The Hawkeyes open the season Sept. 3 in Kinnick Stadium, hosting South Dakota State. The annual Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series contest with Iowa State is Sept. 10. Iowa hosts Nevada on Family Weekend to close nonconference play Sept. 17.

Iowa’s initial home game within conference play takes place Oct. 1 as the Hawkeyes host defending conference champion Michigan. Additional Big Ten home games include Homecoming versus Northwestern on Oct. 29, Wisconsin on Nov. 12, and Senior Day versus Nebraska on Black Friday, Nov. 25.

The Hawkeyes play five conference road games. Along with Rutgers, Iowa travels to Illinois (Oct. 8), Ohio State (Oct. 22), Purdue (Nov. 5) and Minnesota (Nov. 19). Iowa’s open date in Oct. 15.

Season ticket renewals and new season ticket orders for Iowa’s 2022 home games are currently on sale at https://hawkeyesports.com/footballtickets/.

Fight for Iowa (FFI), Black Mini Plan, and Gold Mini Plan ticket options, along with single game ticket sales, will be made available at a later date.

Previously released schedules will also be modified in the future as a result of adjustments to the 2020 football schedule.

Following is Iowa’s 2022 football schedule:

Sept. 3 South Dakota State
Sept. 10 Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)
Sept. 17 Nevada (Family Weekend)
Sept. 24 at Rutgers
Oct. 1 Michigan
Oct. 8 at Illinois
Oct. 15 Open
Oct. 22 at Ohio State
Oct. 29 Northwestern (Homecoming)
Nov. 5 at Purdue
Nov. 12 Wisconsin
Nov. 19 at Minnesota
Nov. 25 Nebraska (Senior Day)
Dec. 3 Big Ten Championship
Nice to see that the Hawks are scheduled to play in the B1G championship game.

Nebby and Minny have apretty easy schedule. This should be interesting
Just looking at the West.
Purdue- has the easiest cross over with PSU home @MD & IU and maybe most friendly overall. Week 1 vs PSU could set the tone for them if they win.
Nebby- benefits by only playing 4 true road games with game in Dublin counting as NW home game. 4 toughest at back end of the schedule. Still expect them to lose a couple before in typical Frost fashion. Have toughest non conf game with OU.
Minny- Think the opposite they have a tough schedule with road games in tough environments with 2 cross over @MSU/PSU along with trips to Madison & Lincoln. I thought Iowa playing them in late Sept. originally would be beneficial with lot of new faces for Minny on D and whole new OL.
ILL- Interesting first game week 0 with WY. Be very interesting to see where they are after first 3 weeks with @IU & UVA.
Wisconsin- Tough cross over @OSU (new protected cross over from the East) & MSU. Maybe toughest road schedule with games in IC, Lincoln & Evanston. jNW has been a thorn in their side too.
Iowa- Think we are in the middle. Good mix of games on road and home. @OSU, Mich/Wisc at home. Schedule sets up nicely and expectations should be of at least 5-1 before the bye. Benefit by having first 2 road games in non hostile stadiums with Rutgers (sorry mrs screw) and ILL.

Rutgers, Michigan, and Ohio State for the crossover games.
Thankfully they only changed some dates and no opponents. I was worried they'd drop OSU again. Sounds like they'll be tweaking the 2023 schedule, also, so hopefully we'll get 'em at home next season instead of having to wait until 2025 (8 years between home games against the conference's marquee team is utterly ridiculous).

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Would rather play Minny early and RU late but overall not bad.
We played 10 bowl teams this year and looks similar next year.
Need to protect Kinnick,especially vs Mich and Wis.

They said on B1G Today that multiple games will likely be changed to Friday, and maybe some to Thursday (assuming only some opening week non-conf games as usual).

They didnt do Wisconsin season tick holders any favors:oops:
Yeah, their home schedule was bad to begin with, now the B1G changed Neb to away and Purd to home, which is probably worse as far as fan interest goes (20 frickin' straight wins against Purdue, WTF). At least they're still coming to Kinnick.

You cannot say that right now.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can, but I guess we'll see. Iowa's world-beater-looking schedule took quite a nosedive between Labor Day weekend and New Year's Day (although they still ended up with a top 20 schedule thanks to the BTCG and a solid bowl opponent). I have a hard time believing that PSU, Mich and Mich St will all end up the duds that Ind, ISU and PSU were in 2021.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can, but I guess we'll see. Iowa's world-beater-looking schedule took quite a nosedive between Labor Day weekend and New Year's Day (although they still ended up with a top 20 schedule thanks to the BTCG and a solid bowl opponent). I have a hard time believing that PSU, Mich and Mich St will all end up the duds that Ind, ISU and PSU were in 2021.
Same people who made Iowa’s home basketball schedule this year.

The OOC for each Big Ten team going into 2022:

Illinois
Wyoming
Virginia
Chattanooga

Indiana
Idaho
Western Kentucky
at Cincinnati

Iowa
South Dakota State
Iowa State
Nevada

Maryland
Buffalo
at Charlotte
Southern Methodist

Michigan
Colorado State
Hawaii
Connecticut

Michigan State
Western Michigan
Akron
at Washington

Minnesota
New Mexico State
Western Illinois
Colorado

Nebraska
North Dakota
Georgia Southern
Oklahoma

Northwestern
Duke
Southern Illinois
Miami (OH)

Ohio State
Notre Dame
Arkansas State
Toledo

Penn State
Ohio
at Auburn
Central Michigan

Purdue
Indiana State
at Syracuse
Florida Atlantic

Rutgers
at Boston College
Wagner
at Temple

Wisconsin
Illinois State
Washington State
New Mexico State

Great example of predictions falling far short of results. You can see how the schedule's relative difficulty looks only after the teams have established their quality over the course of the season. indy completely imploded, that wins relative value fell very dramatically. the 'clones and psu fell off fairly sharply as well. If you're looking at a "best" win for the season it was probably minny?
It was a 10 win season; nothing to sneeze at. But when you pick it apart it is a relatively lackluster looking 10 wins. They beat mediocre to bad teams and were hammered by the better teams they played(other than staying competitive in the bowl game).
If psu is improved and um and msu even just hold steady then the schedule should look stronger at the top end come end of season 2022.

The best part of this change is that we don't have to tailgate at home 4 straight weeks in September. Over the years, it's become quite apparent how hard the oppressive September heat and humidity can be on the body, week after week after week after week.

The OOC for each Big Ten team going into 2022:

Illinois
Wyoming
Virginia
Chattanooga

Indiana
Idaho
Western Kentucky
at Cincinnati

Iowa
South Dakota State
Iowa State