ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatched the game

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
First half was a stinker but we played much better in the 2nd half.

With eight minutes we were four yards from being only six behind. Kinnick was really into it, the crowd would have been louder if we had scored.

I don't appreciate the media saying we scored during mop up duty. The final TD drive yes, but we had life with eight minutes to go.

Michigan was the better team but I thought we played better this week. Zebras made several questionable calls on our line (the clip and unsportsman call on Jone's pancake were bullshit). Numerous Michigan holds not called. They affected momentum every time.

Hawk's will need to strap it on for next week. Illinois looks mighty tough.

When it mattered (the game being within 2 scores), the offense over the first 52 minutes was not good…at all.

Plays/Yards/Result/Score

3/6/Punt/0-7
7/49/Punt/0-7
7/15/Punt/0-10
1/6/End of half/0-13
3/-1/Punt/0-13
5/-7/Punt/0-20
7/44/TOUCHDOWN!!!/7-20
13/78/Downs/7-20
4/-14/Downs/7-20
5/75/Touchdown/14-27

183 yards on 4 drives after we went down 20-0. I’m not going to get too excited. We showed fight, which is great, but I think a chunk of the yardage can be attributed to a defense that was playing to preserve the lead and burn clock.

I don't appreciate a coach willing to screw over his players, coaches and fans to continue on with his broken offense that his failure of an OC son is ridiculously still in charge of. Honestly I think the media has been relatively kind, all things considered. He's lucky he's not in a bigger media market. Kirk just got a big raise and extension so there's no feeling sorry for him, someone has to hold him accountable

south park beat a dead horse GIF

First half was a stinker but we played much better in the 2nd half.

With eight minutes we were four yards from being only six behind. Kinnick was really into it, the crowd would have been louder if we had scored.

I don't appreciate the media saying we scored during mop up duty. The final TD drive yes, but we had life with eight minutes to go.

Michigan was the better team but I thought we played better this week. Zebras made several questionable calls on our line (the clip and unsportsman call on Jone's pancake were bullshit). Numerous Michigan holds not called. They affected momentum every time.

Hawk's will need to strap it on for next week. Illinois looks mighty tough.
“With eight minutes we were four yards from being only six behind. Kinnick was really into it, the crowd would have been louder if we had scored”

That is a crazy good point Gunner … if we happened to miraculously score on that drive right away on 1st down maybe that could have changed the entire game? I would like to think the defense would really rally hard and the crowd would be lights out loud - I was there and definitely would of brought out the air horn

I don't appreciate a coach willing to screw over his players, coaches and fans to continue on with his broken offense that his failure of an OC son is ridiculously still in charge of. Honestly I think the media has been relatively kind, all things considered. He's lucky he's not in a bigger media market. Kirk just got a big raise and extension so there's no feeling sorry for him, someone has to hold him accountable
KF has never shied away from being accountable.

KF has never shied away from being accountable.
Why because he says we need to work harder? Who can’t say that? Results are what matter. The product he’s putting on the field sucks on the offensive side of the ball, and defensively we’re not nearly as good as everyone thought. Against bad teams sure the defense is great. Teams with a pulse? Not so much.

“With eight minutes we were four yards from being only six behind. Kinnick was really into it, the crowd would have been louder if we had scored”

That is a crazy good point Gunner … if we happened to miraculously score on that drive right away on 1st down maybe that could have changed the entire game? I would like to think the defense would really rally hard and the crowd would be lights out loud - I was there and definitely would of brought out the air horn
And a 5th year senior in the program, starter for three years short armed a must get first down to have a chance to make a comeback. I’m sure kf needs to see more though.

Why because he says we need to work harder? Who can’t say that? Results are what matter. The product he’s putting on the field sucks on the offensive side of the ball, and defensively we’re not nearly as good as everyone thought. Against bad teams sure the defense is great. Teams with a pulse? Not so much.
I'm as unhappy as you are with the dismal performance of the offense. That said, you have not heard KF calling people out and trying to deflect blame from himself. He stands by his players and coaches in good and bad times. This season has been tough and we haven't seen the improvement with the offense we all hoped for. But, the season is not over and it could turn out better than some believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT