ADVERTISEMENT

Rex Chapman implies Clarence Thomas is a Black white supremacist

No, shes not just as crazy. Its drastically different. I feel sorry for you that you insist on being an "enlightened centrist". You need to pretend that both are equally bad in order to pretend that the rights behaivor is normal. Youre clearly blinded to the situation.

Thanks for proving my point. Nowhere in any of my posts have I said either political party is better or worse than the other, but you jump to that conclusion because of your own political attachment.

Btw, did the candidate who spoke at your Kiwanis meeting get elected?

Also, don't feel sorry for me. I'm not so consumed by it, that I'm jumping into dozens of politically charged threads to try and push my view.

Sure that's hard. Do-able. But very hard.

Otoh, the stay-at-home Baby Mama with three different Baby Daddies and seven kids ... could she have made some better choices?

Maybe Reverend Al, et al, could be trumpeting that message instead of the nonstop victimhood message.
Hard but doable is correct, but when it comes to the country on a large scale it will show in the statistics.... education is linked to teenage pregnancy and single parent families lead to poor education and more poor decisions. Its a cycle. No wonder it effects people of color more when we are only 2 generations removed from the civil rights act.

I dont believe Clarence Thomas is consciously making a decision to hurt African Americans. However, I also dont believe he is intouch with the poor in this country and his decisions will likely have a disproportionate effect on people of color. Does that make him racist? Probably not. Just out of touch.

And I dont agree with the position, but I dont think its out of line to have the discussion.
Clarence Thomas grew up as the child of sharecroppers in the south. Wtf are you talking about he is out of touch with the poor?

Reactions: dandh
Thanks for proving my point. Nowhere in any of my posts have I said either political party is better or worse than the other, but you jump to that conclusion because of your own political attachment.

Btw, did the candidate who spoke at your Kiwanis meeting get elected?

Also, don't feel sorry for me. I'm not so consumed by it, that I'm jumping into dozens of politically charged threads to try and push my view.
How did that prove your point? You are desperately trying to argue that they are the same and they arent. Hell your first post was in repsonse to corporate money in politics and then you go and use AOC as an example for radicalism? She has pushed to get corporate money out. How do you not see the dissonance in your points? Show me one person on the left trying to push for an equivalent to Christian Sharia Law, because there are plenty in the GOP who are.

Election isnt until November, but he has a good chance.

The odds that your will be able to achieve upward social mobility.

Those things might not seem like the highest of bars, but when a kid is born in poverty, poor family dynamics with poor education, then poverty tends to perpetuate itself.
That is true for all kinds of reasons. Absolutely

Clarence Thomas did make it and because he doesn't bend the knee to the democrats he must be destroyed at all costs. White liberals calling a black man an uncle Tom. Just wow

Reactions: ICHerky

Clarence Thomas did make it and because he doesn't bend the knee to the democrats he must be destroyed at all costs. White liberals calling a black man an uncle Tom. Just wow
Nah, they just disagree with what he believes in. Relax. Just because he is black doesnt mean no one should question him either.

Hard but doable is correct, but when it comes to the country on a large scale it will show in the statistics.... education is linked to teenage pregnancy and single parent families lead to poor education and more poor decisions. Its a cycle. No wonder it effects people of color more when we are only 2 generations removed from the civil rights act.
Statistics will also show high school graduates earn more than non-graduates.

So, simple way to start is get this message out: "Graduate High School."

It's not hard. It's free. Don't handicap yourself right out of the blocks.

Statistics will also show high school graduates earn more than non-graduates.

So, simple way to start is get this message out: "Graduate High School."

It's not hard. It's free. Don't handicap yourself right out of the blocks.
Yes, but can you acknowledge that it may be more difficult for some for a variety of reasons?

Yes, but can you acknowledge that it may be more difficult for some for a variety of reasons?
We have this guy here on local sports talk radio with a thick, thick Jersey accent. Sounds out of place as hell.

The show's host, still incredulous after years, asked this guy to repeat what he had to do to get to high school. Involved getting up at 4:30 in the morning, two subways, a bus ... incredible. Says he wouldn't change a thing for all that taught him.

I'm not saying hardship is necessarily the prescription for success. But it's not an automatic disqualifier either, certainly not many cases.

We have this guy here on local sports talk radio with a thick, thick Jersey accent. Sounds out of place as hell.

The show's host, still incredulous after years, asked this guy to repeat what he had to do to get to high school. Involved getting up at 4:30 in the morning, two subways, a bus ... incredible. Says he wouldn't change a thing for all that taught him.

I'm not saying hardship is necessarily the prescription for success. But it's not an automatic disqualifier either, certainly not many cases.
Great story.... doesnt mean there is equal opportunity. Just another example of someone beating the odds, but it not changing the odds.

Maybe for him. But not all people and situations are the same, wouldnt you agree?
I do agree!

But yet you want to make all outcomes the same.

You mentioned equal opportunity. Always gonna be advantaged rich kids. Can't let that stop you from improving your lot and future generation's lot in life.

Thomas' decisions hurts poor people and prop up white Christians. Whatever upbringing he had is immaterial at this point.

• Haha
I do agree!

But yet you want to make all outcomes the same.

You mentioned equal opportunity. Always gonna be advantaged rich kids. Can't let that stop you from improving your lot and future generation's lot in life.
I dont disagree, but would you agree that same arguement is also used as a reason to not adress issues that disproportionately effect the less fortunate? The pull yourself up by your bootsraps attitude is quickly followed by policies that make it even harder to pull yourself out of a bad situation.

I dont disagree, but would you agree that same arguement is also used as a reason to not adress issues that disproportionately effect the less fortunate? The pull yourself up by your bootsraps attitude is quickly followed by policies that make it even harder to pull yourself out of a bad situation.
Killing Roe kills poor people's chances to pull themselves up. Thomas turned his back on poor people. He deserves endless criticism for this.

You know you have no counter to what I say if you have to trot out this absurd claim.
It’s not absurd. You said getting rid of Roe (“killing it”) hurts poor people. I agree. And RBG is probably the single biggest reason why Roe was overturned. Court would be 5-4, instead of 6-3. 🤷‍♂️

Racism and white supremacy and corporate fascism are behaviors and those behaviors are institutionalized into policies and practices. It is possible for someone who is not white to perpetuate white supremacy and corporate fascism, and make racism more prevalent.

Sure, but the Twitter statements regarding Thomas’s not attending NBA games was exceptionally ignorant

It’s not absurd. You said getting rid of Roe (“killing it”) hurts poor people. I agree. And RBG is probably the single biggest reason why Roe was overturned. Court would be 5-4, instead of 6-3. 🤷‍♂️
By that logic you could blame the founders because if it wasnt for them we wouldnt even have a supreme court. Therefore, since we do have a supreme court its the single biggest reason this happened.

By that logic you could blame the founders because if it wasnt for them we wouldnt even have a supreme court. Therefore, since we do have a supreme court its the single biggest reason this happened.
You all can deflect all you want. Harry Reid and RBG played a huge roll in this, just like Trump and McConnell did. Blaming just one side for this is short sighted and we will repeat the mistakes made the past decade.

You all can deflect all you want. Harry Reid and RBG played a huge roll in this, just like Trump and McConnell did. Blaming just one side for this is short sighted and we will repeat the mistakes made the past decade.
Thats not deflecting. I pointed out the flaw in your arguement.

So it would have been a 5-4 decision to still overturn Roe? Are you listening to yourself?

Racism and white supremacy and corporate fascism are behaviors and those behaviors are institutionalized into policies and practices. It is possible for someone who is not white to perpetuate white supremacy and corporate fascism, and make racism more prevalent.
To a lib, individualism, meritocracy, hard work, and morality = racism.

6 justices voted against Roe. Even if RBG retired that is still 5 justices. Can you not do basic math?

To a lib, individualism, meritocracy, hard work, and morality = racism.
To Thomas, crack babies is all he needed to hear to overturn reproductive rights. That's certainly all he wanted to talk about during oral arguments.

6 justices voted against Roe. Even if RBG retired that is still 5 justices. Can you not do basic math?
Have you paid no attention to this court? Do you honestly think Roberts would have overturned Roe with the deciding vote? Do you not have basic intellect?

ADVERTISEMENT