ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds covid-19 approval ranks dead last in the nation

Hey Kim Reaper:

giphy.gif

I think all of 3 or 4 of them are in this thread. So 100 to 200 HROTers see what's going on (in this and other threads), 3-4 defend her for reasons known to them, and then you have OiT and some other new handle that has popped up that doesn't believe anything, including that 9/11 wasn't perpetrated by our own government.
83Hawk, WestIowaHawk, DogRoy, LWade,...who am I mising?

We're now at the point that Kimmy is showing she just doesn't even need to seem objective in her decision making.

Today, she refused to let Iowa AG Tom Miller join a multi State lawsuit against the current President. The abuse of power is astonishing.

It's quite the accomplishment to have lower approval than Trump... and yet she's managed to do it.

What a disaster we have in the Governor's office.

There is a strong life lesson to learn from the Kimmy governorship... there are long lasting effects from alcohol abuse.

This school is a year round school

Bad look for Kim and the state when things go sideways in terms of positive cases, illness, and then potentially deaths. With how school boards are positioning things I expect lawsuits to flow to the state from those families of staff and students who end up having grave and poor long term health outcomes.

Bad look for Kim and the state when things go sideways in terms of positive cases, illness, and then potentially deaths. With how school boards are positioning things I expect lawsuits to flow to the state from those families of staff and students who end up having grave and poor long term health outcomes.
I have not seen anything myself but did Des Moines basically tell her to pound sand they are doing what they want?

Answering my own question, yes it did.

https://theperrynews.com/open-letter-from-des-moines-superintendent-of-schools/

As soon as Des Moines Public Schools (DMPS) transitioned to distance learning to finish last school year, we shifted our focus to how to safely begin 2020-2021. Like school districts across the state, we spent thousands of hours developing a plan — according to the guidelines issued by the state of Iowa — on how to resume school in the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The development of this plan also reflected input from more than 80% of our families.

While everyone wants a day when we can resume school as we have for the past 100 years, that is simply an unsafe option. For DMPS, we prepared a plan — again, according to the guidelines issued by the state of Iowa — that provided our families with a choice between an all-virtual learning model and a hybrid model, which combines in-person and online learning. Our goal: educate our students while protecting the health and safety of our students, their families and our staff.

Over the past two weeks, the state of Iowa has released increased limitations on local decision making, after more than 75% of our families had already registered for the plan we introduced on July 1. The DMPS plan was designed to maximize both student and staff safety and academic learning.

Compliance with the recent changes in requirements will place students and staff at unacceptable risk given the COVID-19 conditions expected at the time school begins. Of particular concern are the guidelines issued just yesterday (July 30), stating that the transmission rate in a community must be more than 15-20% before a school can even ask for permission to change to online learning for a mere two weeks, a level triple that recommended by most public health experts.

The state’s approach over the past two weeks has created concern and confusion for parents and teachers alike. It ignores the complexities of everything that goes into how a school district operates, not only preparing for online learning but everything from transportation to meals to technology to staffing.

We recognize the significant challenges that the dramatic changes to daily schedules creates for our families, and we are working with multiple district partners to address childcare and other family needs. However, the very notion that a school can simply flip a switch to go back and forth between in-person and online learning ignores the reality of how schools operate, what is best for our students and families, and limits the ability of teachers to provide quality instruction.

Our reason for existence is to educate students, and that is exactly what DMPS will do in 2020-2021. Whether in person or online, our teachers live to support the success of their students. But I am not going to put our staff — or their students and families — in the position of getting sick for that purpose. We can return to learn in a way that is smart, safe and realistic.

Therefore, DMPS is working on the following changes to our Return to Learn plan:

• Delay the start of the school year to shortly after Labor Day. Professional Development days currently scheduled throughout the year would be held prior to the start of classes so that the 2020-2021 school year ends as currently scheduled.
  • The 2020-2021 school year would begin fully virtual across all grade levels.
  • As soon as it is safe to do so, DMPS would transition to the hybrid learning model for elementary and middle school students who registered for that plan.
  • High school classes would most likely be held entirely online for the Fall semester, with the exception of some in-person classes at Central Campus.
As superintendent, I will continue to make every effort to work collaboratively with the Iowa Department of Education and the governor about our need to take this approach to responsibly further our students’ education. Finally, DMPS is prepared to take every step available to ensure a safe start to the school year for our 33,000 students, 5,000 employees, their families and the entire Des Moines community.

Dr. Thomas Ahart, Superintendent
Des Moines Public Schools

Supposedly you are good with ciphering and the such. If her numbers are this bad, shouldn’t you be talking to a much larger sampling of Iowans than just us losers, right? The numbers indicate a lot of people don’t like what she is doing, and not doing. Thanks for telling us about one provider in Des Moines. That hammers home your point.

you don’t think the largest system in the largest town that serves a high percentage of low income families is a good sample?

Reactions: farmandfleet
We're now at the point that Kimmy is showing she just doesn't even need to seem objective in her decision making.

Today, she refused to let Iowa AG Tom Miller join a multi State lawsuit against the current President. The abuse of power is astonishing.

It's quite the accomplishment to have lower approval than Trump... and yet she's managed to do it.

What a disaster we have in the Governor's office.

There is a strong life lesson to learn from the Kimmy governorship... there are long lasting effects from alcohol abuse.

how much time every day do you spend posting comments on Facebook? What type of sane person says something like this?

you are the reason trump won.

Reactions: farmandfleet
how much time every day do you spend posting comments on Facebook? What type of sane person says something like this?

you are the reason trump won.
Don't even do FB.

Now, if it's not asking too much, please reply to anything I posted that you think is not accurate. Kimmy has been a WH shill from Day 1.

Her trip to D.C. cemented that opinion. Just watch Tuesday's presser to see how defensive she gets when pressed.

Her always famous response... to everything... "I trust Iowans to do the right thing".:p:p:p:p:p

Iowa's deaths per million rank around the middle when compared to all other states. Weird that we are doing the worst and yet our deaths per million say otherwise. It's almost as if there is an agenda....

you don’t think the largest system in the largest town that serves a high percentage of low income families is a good sample?
No, and no researcher would agree with you. Skipped my comment about how this isn't just the opinion of HROT pathetic losers. She has a wide spread lack of approval.

She can mandate wearing masks...she can close the gd bars...she can act like a damned adult and not worry about pissing off the children...she do the responsible things she needs to do...instead she went to Washington, let the Donald bend her over the bar stool and teach her how to be an irresponsible child, just like he is.

Close all bars, no indoor dining. All schools online only including all universities. No sports at any level, including Iowa and Iowa St for all of 2020-2021, reevaluate in Fall 2021. That’s what a good governor would do.

Close all bars, no indoor dining. All schools online only including all universities. No sports at any level, including Iowa and Iowa St for all of 2020-2021, reevaluate in Fall 2021. That’s what a good governor would do.

a good governor wants to crush the economy and ruin lives?

Yes, let’s destroy more lives to prevent the zero to two deaths that occur each day.

we also must protect the one Covid case under the age of 18 at UnityPoint. They could get heart disease in 30 years.

a good governor wants to crush the economy and ruin lives?

If that’s what it takes LWade, then yes. If Iowa’s economy is driven by bar business, we are in deep shit. If some sort of hybrid schooling is safer for Iowa’s kids, teachers and citizens, then yes. This pandemic is requiring unusual measures. Americans need to step up. Thank God The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor 80 years ago..,I don’t think many Americans today have the time to mess with a real emergency...it might upset their schedule/ expectations.

If that’s what it takes LWade, then yes. If Iowa’s economy is driven by bar business, we are in deep shit. If some sort of hybrid schooling is safer for Iowa’s kids, teachers and citizens, then yes. This pandemic is requiring unusual measures. Americans need to step up. Thank God The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor 80 years ago..,I don’t think many Americans today have the time to mess with a real emergency...it might upset their schedule/ expectations.

LWade does not want to step up, he just wants his Applebee's Riblets and Chicken Fingers, he will sacrifice nothing himself just the lives of others.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Yes, let’s destroy more lives to prevent the zero to two deaths that occur each day.

we also must protect the one Covid case under the age of 18 at UnityPoint. They could get heart disease in 30 years.

You clearly don't understand how viruses work and only seem to be concerned about following Trump's orders and getting him reelected.

If Kim wants to go that route I suggest she remember "where her money comes from", looks like it is time to #defundiowa. If she doesn't want to let local communities to choose what is best for them then there is no reason for us to keep sending our state income taxes to the state, we should keep it in our local communities so we can have more control in how our dollars are spent.

She'll back down from her threats when every large district in the State goes their own way.

I especially LOVED her comment that only "about" five school districts are revolting. She forgot to include that those "about five" are some of the largest in the State.

Talk about spinning a narrative.

Her comment about consulting with "legal counsel" also leads me to believe Kimmy thinks this one ends up in court.

Get ready, Iowans... the next few months are gonna get rocky.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT