ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds plays the race card

It doesn't burn, it just reassures what I've always thought, there's a whole lot of ignorant people in Iowa, including many in my family. What's interesting is, my parents weren't that way but they lived in multiple states and were more well rounded. My siblings (and their kids), not so much. They've spent their whole lives within a few mile radius. I see the ignorance in their statements and their views.
As they do yours.

I know many, many young smart people choosing to take up residence in the state of Iowa,.. I also see many past Iowans returning to a place that they left and grew to miss,.. Sorry that your life sucks.
Statistical evidence says your observation of "many, many young smart people" is the exception and not the rule.

All the data says Iowa is getting older and whiter. If the Iowa GOP continues cutting funding for education and law enforcement, business won't come to Iowa because they won't find workers.

Statistical evidence says your observation of "many, many young smart people" is the exception and not the rule.

All the data says Iowa is getting older and whiter. If the Iowa GOP continues cutting funding for education and law enforcement, business won't come to Iowa because they won't find workers.
Remember, facts and data don't matter to this crowd. It's all about their wittle feewings. :rolleyes:

Does anyone else get a overall positive feeling from this discussion? Throughout the Trump years there was a concern that Trump was normalizing deplorable behavior. His MAGA base, previously in the dark was now uncovered and didn't have to be quiet anymore. They could say the quiet parts out loud. Have something to say about Muslims, or shithole countries, or feel certain people should go back to their country? No problem.

To a large degree, I think Trump did lower the decency bar, and he revealed a lot about his base.

That said, look around this thread. It looks like a consensus among conservative posters that racism is bad. Some are even willing to allege that it's actually the liberals who are racists. You know they think racism is bad if they're accusing Team Blue of being the racists.

That strikes me as a good thing.

I'm aware of the concept of a dog whistle, but at least on this board, none of the purported dogs are acknowledging it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Please, make sure you move to a blue state so you don't try and ruin another state with your racist, anti American ideas.
Please find an objective measure which shows quality of life is better in the average red state vs blue state. Better education outcomes. Better healthcare. Better life expectancy. Lower infant mortality. Greater gdp and income.

Red states are the ones sucking the federal government dry.

Does anyone else get a overall positive feeling from this discussion? Throughout the Trump years there was a concern that Trump was normalizing deplorable behavior. His MAGA base, previously in the dark was now uncovered and didn't have to be quiet anymore. They could say the quiet parts out loud. Have something to say about Muslims, or shithole countries, or feel certain people should go back to their country? No problem.

To a large degree, I think Trump did lower the decency bar, and he revealed a lot about his base.

That said, look around this thread. It looks like a consensus among conservative posters that racism is bad. Some are even willing to allege that it's actually the liberals who are racists. You know they think racism is bad if they're accusing Team Blue of being the racists.

I'm aware of the concept of a dog whistle, but at least on this board, none of the purported dogs are acknowledging it.
I am more cynical than you.

They will be "anti" racist publicly as long as it's politically expedient.

Do I believe they walk the walk? Absolutely not.

No.

You’re correct. Is that deliberate or accidental?
Diversity includes all Persons of all heritages and colors and ethnicities and sexes and ages.
When they leave their workplace at the end of the workday they may have diverse viewpoints and life experiences that have shaped who they are. You may never know what that is - just as they may never know yours.
As long as you and they understand that you both have a right to your respective lifestyles and outlooks it works.
No one should be ridiculed, disparaged, threatened or “canceled” because they see things differently than one group or another.
I totally agree with this unless the group is attempting to overthrow my country's government or are an enemy from within...which is what Q and many MAGAs, and the leaders they follow are.

Last edited:
Here's the difference between B and G, and yourself. Racism is a deal breaker for him. It isn't for you.
You have no effing clue who I am and your view of your own intelligence is highly inflated. But you be you.
Here's the difference between B and G, and yourself. Racism is a deal breaker for him. It isn't for you.
You are proving my point.

You’re correct. Is that deliberate or accidental?
Diversity includes all Persons of all heritages and colors and ethnicities and sexes and ages.
When they leave their workplace at the end of the workday they may have diverse viewpoints and life experiences that have shaped who they are. You may never know what that is - just as they may never know yours.
As long as you and they understand that you both have a right to your respective lifestyles and outlooks it works.
No one should be ridiculed, disparaged, threatened or “canceled” because they see things differently than one group or another.

I don't think that's what is meant by diversity. You're claiming that people should have the right to be anti-diverse as long as they do it outside of work. Diversity is accepting all people in a positive way. What you're wanting to do is be racist and then claim your viewpoint is diverse. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

You reached so far on this one you probably need to see a chiropractor to get your arm back in place.

It is no secret that blacks are leaders in pushing the defund the police movement, yes there are some white snowflakes right alongside them chanting the same tired mantra.

You "wokers" and your phobia's make this world a toilet for intelligent people like me to live in.
What exactly is the point of changing your handle over and over again and then trolling like this. It makes you sound like a dipshit idiot.

It doesn't burn, it just reassures what I've always thought, there's a whole lot of ignorant people in Iowa, including many in my family. What's interesting is, my parents weren't that way but they lived in multiple states and were more well rounded. My siblings (and their kids), not so much. They've spent their whole lives within a few mile radius. I see the ignorance in their statements and their views.
Often times when people hold different views, they assume the other folks are ignorant. Perhaps your siblings and nieces and nephews are shaking their heads at old ignorant SB.

Often times when people hold different views, they assume the other folks are ignorant. Perhaps your siblings and nieces and nephews are shaking their heads at old ignorant SB.

That's the thing, I don't state my viewpoint to them because I don't want to get into it when I see them a few times a year. They're so ignorant that they think everyone shares their viewpoint, which is, anti-vax, MAGA, all black people are bad (except during an iowa football or basketball game), etc.

Too bad Iowans aren't as guilt ridden as you workers right SB?

Personally I'm not glad to be in Iowa if my governor is running racist ads.

Also, Missouri isn't a blue state. If her point was talk about blue vs red then why didn't she use Illinois, California, or New York? Why did she pick a Republican leaning state?
What do you get out of trolling like this?

Too bad Iowans aren't as guilt ridden as you workers right SB?

That's a weird response. My actions/beliefs aren't based on guilt, they're about right and wrong. That explains a lot about you, you don't seem to know right and wrong, you base all your decisions on guilt, which you have none.

That ad may be sleazy and purposefully deceptive, but using a woman who looks like DeJeer is certainly not racist.

“They had to drag out racist tropes and dog whistles about the lawless, lazy and dangerous other.”

Seems like the article writer/Ciggy is the one tying those things to black people. Racist, indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: Rudolph
“They had to drag out racist tropes and dog whistles about the lawless, lazy and dangerous other.”

Seems like the article writer/Ciggy is the one tying those things to black people. Racist, indeed.
Reynolds is the one tying this to black people. First by pretending another black person is her opponent, and second by lying about her opponents views on a racial matter.

The real question I have is - does qanon make people crazy or does it attract people who were already crazy?

Mark, you've already admitted that the ad is sleazy. What exactly makes it sleazy then?

Defund came from BLM. Please don't try excusing the intent with these games.

But was their focus strictly defunding the police so that police would brutalize fewer black people (racist AF if so) or fewer people?

We will NEVER get past racial distrust until we start insisting upon evidence of racism OTHER than the mere “one party white, the other black”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT