ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds plays the race card

I’m not a lib.

And yes, I’m quite happy that a bunch of degenerative rednecks don’t miss me. It’s when trashy people consider my departure a loss that I’ll worry.

Again, I’m glad you enjoy living in a shithole state. You enjoy that. I, and the rest of western civilization, are happy for you.

Oh, and if the slang expression “rectal cranial inversion” is too complex for you to understand, then, yes, rest assured, you are an idiot.

No offense. Nite.
Nite.

Typical arrogant response.
Still trying to defend the “honor” of Mother Iowa, eh?

If crumbling roads and bridges, dwindling numbers of hospitals and schools, and non-competitively paying jobs are worth fighting for (not to mention the highest a-hole count per capita), then be my guest. Nobody else here will convince you otherwise.

Count me in as a temporarily disappointed and former Iowan. I thought Iowa City was a great place to grow up and was quite proud of the state and especially the university. I was fortunate to travel quite a bit as a child, it didn't take long to realize lots of people are largely ignorant of Iowa (flyover state). I traveled a lot internationally and always enjoyed informing people a bit about Iowa.

I could even rattle off a nice list of fairly progressive firsts to counter the concept that Iowa was some backwards, ultra conservative Southern type state.

Turns out I still have a list on google docs, here's just a few:

1851: Iowa became the second state to legalize interracial marriage… a century before the rest of America.

1857: The University of Iowa became the first state university in the nation to open its degree programs to women.

1873: The Iowa State Supreme Court ruled that African Americans are entitled to equal treatment in public accommodation.

1884: The Iowa Civil Rights Act was passed. It prohibited discrimination in public accommodation. It was one of the first civil rights acts in the nation.

1953: Iowa was the only state to defeat a McCarthyistic legislative measure to impose a teacher’s loyalty oath.

1970: The University of Iowa became one of the first universities in the U.S. to allow a student GLBT group. It was also one of the first universities in the U.S. to add sexual orientation to its non-discrimination policy.

2007: Iowa became the second state to allow full marriage equality for gays and lesbians. One gay couple was married before the judge put a stay on his ruling in Varnum v Brien until the Iowa State Supreme Court could rule on the case.

I don't have any of these cited, and I don't remember how I compiled them.

Anyways, I was proud of Iowa/being from there, I would tell people maybe someday I'd move back to raise a family.

These days, I think about how Iowans voted out the Supreme Court judges who were the ones who legalized marriage equality. I was disappointed by the margins that Trump would go on to carry Iowa twice. The kinds of people Iowa was sending to DC - Steve King - and the people that were running the state and the kind of things they were pursing.

Iowa has gone from purple to hard red, Missouri is more of a peer. If this 15ish years ago, that wouldn't really be a bad thing. However, the Republican party of today is much different, with Trump and all the conspiracies, etc.

So I think what happens is former Iowans who may have grown up in a purple Iowa, see the change to red, and have difficulty reconciling that with what's happened with the Republican party.

It's essentially: The Republican party went crazy and Iowa became more attracted to them: wtf?

That's when people come in with the brain drain theories and how young and educated people are moving out of state to urban areas.

TLDR - High and talking Iowa.

Count me in as a temporarily disappointed and former Iowan. I thought Iowa City was a great place to grow up and was quite proud of the state and especially the university. I was fortunate to travel quite a bit as a child, it didn't take long to realize lots of people are largely ignorant of Iowa (flyover state). I traveled a lot internationally and always enjoyed informing people a bit about Iowa.

I could even rattle off a nice list of fairly progressive firsts to counter the concept that Iowa was some backwards, ultra conservative Southern type state.

1851: Iowa became the second state to legalize interracial marriage… a century before the rest of America.

1857: The University of Iowa became the first state university in the nation to open its degree programs to women.

1873: The Iowa State Supreme Court ruled that African Americans are entitled to equal treatment in public accommodation.

1884: The Iowa Civil Rights Act was passed. It prohibited discrimination in public accommodation. It was one of the first civil rights acts in the nation.

1953: Iowa was the only state to defeat a McCarthyistic legislative measure to impose a teacher’s loyalty oath.

1970: The University of Iowa became one of the first universities in the U.S. to allow a student GLBT group. It was also one of the first universities in the U.S. to add sexual orientation to its non-discrimination policy.

2007: Iowa became the second state to allow full marriage equality for gays and lesbians. One gay couple was married before the judge put a stay on his ruling in Varnum v Brien until the Iowa State Supreme Court could rule on the case.

Anyways, I was proud of Iowa/being from there, I would tell people maybe someday I'd move back to raise a family.

These days, I think about how Iowans voted out the Supreme Court judges who were the ones who legalized marriage equality. I was disappointed by the margins that Trump would go on to carry Iowa twice. The kinds of people Iowa was sending to DC - Steve King - and the people that were running the state and the kind of things they were pursing.

Iowa has gone from purple to hard red, Missouri is more of a peer. If this 15ish years ago, that wouldn't really be a bad thing. However, the Republican party of today is much different, with Trump and all the conspiracies, etc.

So I think what happens is former Iowans who may have grown up in a purple Iowa, see the change to red, and have difficulty reconciling that with what's happened with the Republican party.

It's essentially: The Republican party went crazy and Iowa became more attracted to them: wtf?

That's when people come in with the brain drain theories and how young and educated people are moving out of state to urban areas.

Good interesting post. Only thing I'd disagree totally on is the brain drain. I've heard about that since I was in 4th grade. Iowa isn't, never has been, and never will be attractive to young college graduates.

Reactions: SB_SB

Great post.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
She's a racist as is most of the inbred hillbilly uneducated white trash population of Iowa. How is this a surprise, at all?

Look at the Ashley Hinson ad with all the white moms. The tag line is Ashley is one of us. Hitler would be proud. Iowa is a shithole and I've decided to move.
Who cares...see ya!

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Personally I'm not glad to be in Iowa if my governor is running racist ads.

Also, Missouri isn't a blue state. If her point was talk about blue vs red then why didn't she use Illinois, California, or New York? Why did she pick a Republican leaning state?
St.Louis is Blue as hell ! Rest of the state not so much. There is a store in Lake Ozark that sells Pro Trump shirts of every variety and any version of FJB shirt you want. You can also get all sorts of flags to fit your fancy. And its busier than you would think.

St.Louis is Blue as hell ! Rest of the state not so much. There is a store in Lake Ozark that sells Pro Trump shirts of every variety and any version of FJB shirt you want. You can also get all sorts of flags to fit your fancy. And its busier than you would think.
So now Mizzery is Iowa's goal? I would think the more Iowa does not look like Mizzey, the better off we all are. Give Mizzert the southern two tiers of current Iowa counties and both states IQ will increase. (And Kim would be a Mizzery native son!)

Reactions: torbee and GOHOX69
Good interesting post. Only thing I'd disagree totally on is the brain drain. I've heard about that since I was in 4th grade. Iowa isn't, never has been, and never will be attractive to young college graduates.
Brain drain in ALL the Great Plains states +Iowa has been and always will be a thing. I remember a saying from years ago that Iowa is wonderful place to be FROM, I doubt that's changed much. It's always come down to the same things...Lower paying jobs, taxes are pretty high considering the average wage, extremes of all weather, not much to do (although I sorely miss wading for Smallies in the summer) and being mostly topographically challenged. However, I certainly have never been disappointed in Iowa, I've been away for years but it will always be "home." You'd be hard pressed to find more decent, honest and caring people in this country by comparison.

You were literally in another thread saying that interacial marriage should open to being banned.
You are lying. You show me where I said interracial marriages should be banned? You can't because I never said it but you make the claim to try and win an argument. You simply make crap up because the truth is your enemy.

If you don't have enough class to tell the truth than you need to stop posting. What a loser.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
Awesome, riveting information, Gas Station ⛽️. Thanks for stopping by and contributing such invaluable insight. 😏🤪😉

Reactions: Speedway1
When an R says stupid shit, it's ok to hold it against them. When a D does it, it's not. Am I doing this right?

You are lying. You show me where I said interracial marriages should be banned? You can't because I never said it but you make the claim to try and win an argument. You simply make crap up because the truth is your enemy.

If you don't have enough class to tell the truth than you need to stop posting. What a loser.
It's in this thread. You said it's a states rights issue. So in your mind, Iowa could ban interracial marriage?

Okay, this I also agree with. Mostly. Because, as you rightly pointed out, it used to be the liberals who were highly racist. That trend has flipped.

Yes, in general, racism has improved dramatically from the good old days of the 1950s, but there has still been an ebb and flow pattern despite drastic improvements over the last sixty years.
The liberals were never more racist than conservatives. The Dixiecrats were and then the Republicans decided to adopt their thinking. Liberals and Dixiecrats were never the same thing.

The liberals were never more racist than conservatives. The Dixiecrats were and then the Republicans decided to adopt their thinking. Liberals and Dixiecrats were never the same thing.
Hey, whatever you gotta tell yourself so you can sleep at night.

It's in this thread. You said it's a states rights issue. So in your mind, Iowa could ban interracial marriage?

So of course you have proven your own ignorance and lies. If you read the entire post (which I doubt you did) I said I believe in states rights and I also said I don't believe the government should be in the business of telling anyone who they can and can't marry. Now if you somehow glean from that, that I believe interracial marriage should be banned, that you are either dishonest or a bigger cretin that I already thought, and that is a high bar to clear.

So of course you have proven your own ignorance and lies. If you read the entire post (which I doubt you did) I said I believe in states rights and I also said I don't believe the government should be in the business of telling anyone who they can and can't marry. Now if you somehow glean from that, that I believe interracial marriage should be banned, that you are either dishonest or a bigger cretin that I already thought, and that is a high bar to clear.
But the government is involved in marriage. Do you think any state should have the right to ban interracial marriage? It's a yes or no answer.

But the government is involved in marriage. Do you think any state should have the right to ban interracial marriage? It's a yes or no answer.
How thick are you? Did you even read where I said I don't think the government should be involved? Do I think the people should have a say? Of course I do, I think that is what civilized societies do, they allow the citizenry to determine what laws they should live by and make sure we are living in a culture using our current values. Do I believe interracial marriage would be made illegal, of course not, do I believe it should, of course not. But if we start down the path of saying you can vote for this issue but not for that issue, it won't be long before we live in an authoritarian state. If you don't believe in the goodness of the people, maybe you need to move somewhere else.

How thick are you? Did you even read where I said I don't think the government should be involved? Do I think the people should have a say? Of course I do, I think that is what civilized societies do, they allow the citizenry to determine what laws they should live by and make sure we are living in a culture using our current values. Do I believe interracial marriage would be made illegal, of course not, do I believe it should, of course not. But if we start down the path of saying you can vote for this issue but not for that issue, it won't be long before we live in an authoritarian state. If you don't believe in the goodness of the people, maybe you need to move somewhere else.
Wait. You think interracial marriage should be up to a vote?

Imagine being such a sensitive bitch you go looking for racism in an add that ask "have they lost thier mind" about someone whose policies suck and has nothing to do with skin color.

From Obama in 08 to Trump in 16.

Did Iowans really change that much in 8 years? Of course not.

I think it was that rural & exurban types simply coalesced around the party that marketed directly to them on the basis of 'type.'

The democratic party had become quite disconnected with this demographic -- had they remained largely a workers party and marketed themselves as, this would've been different -- and Trump exploited this condition quite well. And the rest is... history. Dems are the coastal elites to lots of Iowans.

Not about policy.

Last edited:
DeJear doesn't believe in defunding the police. So why is Reynolds using another black woman saying that she does?
Because voters might be confused into thinking that's her opposition? Also; given that she attacked dems on a several other fronts over national issues, this attack isn't surprising and fits right in with her apparent strategy.

That's probably it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT