ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds says border surge is 'not our problem

Yes, PEOPLE can do whatever they would like. It's not the state of Iowa's problem. Stupid question to ask the governor

As long as we can put to rest this asinine belief that the GOP is the party of Christian values and pro-life, I'm okay with this attitude.

It sure is a far cry, though, from the values of Governor Ray. Truly deplorable.

Many churches have extra collections a couple of times a month to target special situations like this.
Last month the church leaders talked about wanting to buy water filters for homes in Guatemala, they said each filter was $30. We put in $30. I think the church was hoping to buy 200 and they got enough money for about double that.

if you want to raise our taxes for every sad case I could easily find enough things across the globe to justify taking 100%,of your check.

share with us how much the state should collect on taxes and how much of that we should send out of the state/country. Please share

many here bitch just to bitch. They wake up miserable and only find joy when everybody else is equally miserable.

Seeing that our federal tax dollars go to DC to be used on these people instead of people in this country that truly need help, it is all of our problem and will only get worse unless the Biden Admin or any admin for that matter figures out that the US needs to lead and help the Central America countries by asking large American corporations to move their manufacturing from China to these countries and incentivize these people to stay in their home countries with better standards of living, education, and the safety their home countries their governments should be providing. Central America is an untapped resource that must be heavily invested in as it will be a win win for all parties involved.

Many churches have extra collections a couple of times a month to target special situations like this.
Last month the church leaders talked about wanting to buy water filters for homes in Guatemala, they said each filter was $30. We put in $30. I think the church was hoping to buy 200 and they got enough money for about double that.

if you want to raise our taxes for every sad case I could easily find enough things across the globe to justify taking 100%,of your check.

share with us how much the state should collect on taxes and how much of that we should send out of the state/country. Please share

Wow.

Immigration policy and border control are the responsibility of the federal government,.. If you accept the premise of sanctuary cities not participating in areas of federal responsibility, then you should be able to understand Kim's position...

Immigration policy and border control are the responsibility of the federal government,.. If you accept the premise of sanctuary cities not participating in areas of federal responsibility, then you should be able to understand Kim's position...
Her position is 100% partisan. She’s playing politics with lives. This is undeniable. She didn’t decline to help asylum seekers when Trump asked because it was a “Federal issue”.

Am I wrong that we have Americans in need? Should we ignore them to help illegals? If we help illegals to a better life than some of our own citizens we will continue to see surges of illegals.

Since when do Republicans care about Americans in need? (Unless, of course, they're in the uterus.)

The logic rings hollow, especially if the federal government was going to foot the bill. This seems like nothing more than petty partisanship to me.

Explain to me why Iowa taxpayers need to support illegals flooding into this country.

Reactions: SIXERS24
I'm not sure. But, I know that Reynolds had been telling us how well off Iowa's finances are.
Just not enough to be willing to help out I guess.

There could be legitimate reasons why Governor Reynolds is reluctant to help. Based off the interview, though, it seems more childish and petty than anything.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Since when do Republicans care about Americans in need? (Unless, of course, they're in the uterus.)

The logic rings hollow, especially if the federal government was going to foot the bill. This seems like nothing more than petty partisanship to me.
I’m talking about our country as a whole not just states. And it shouldn’t be a partisan issue, it’s an US problem. Unfortunately for many they make is a Republican vs Democrat problem, this includes Ms. Kimmy.

Her position is 100% partisan. She’s playing politics with lives. This is undeniable. She didn’t decline to help asylum seekers when Trump asked because it was a “Federal issue”.

Biden is the primary individual playing politics with these lives,.. He created the current problem and his federal government is responsible for resolving it...

Family values? Maybe the parents of the kids should think about family values before asking other countries to help. We need to take care of our own before spending money on illegals.
Do you think it might have something to do with those parents wanting a better life for their kids?

Don't be a dumb ass. We already have too many of those.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I’m talking about our country as a whole not just states. And it shouldn’t be a partisan issue, it’s an US problem. Unfortunately for many they make is a Republican vs Democrat problem, this includes Ms. Kimmy.

The issue is obviously bigger than border security.

Perfectly stated in privileged American.
Privilege? No. I’m lucky to be born in the US despite growing up poor where we have advantages over other countries that we take for granted. But I’ve also earned everything I have now. I also do my part to help others despite what people want to say or believe. But good for you calling people out because they have a different opinion than you.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Biden is the primary individual playing politics with these lives,.. He created the current problem and his federal government is responsible for resolving it...
Once again, the false GOP narrative that Biden has opened the border is largely responsible for the surge in Central American migrants, and the U.S. government is now forced to spend money and resources to to counteract it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT