ADVERTISEMENT

Richard Perry Accident

IAChief32

HR Heisman
Apr 21, 2017
Well Hawkeye fans, some sad news from the USA training camp in Cali. Appears that Richard Perry had an accident during training where his eye was impaled...so much so that it caused brain trauma. Here is the GoFundMe...do your thing.

Yes very unfortunate accident.Please donate to this.Iowa has the best wrestling fans in the country it's time to show people why even if its $10 or $20 every bit helps.Anyone who has ever met Rich will tell you he's the nicest guy around.

Reactions: redmarlie
Damn, impaled an eye!? How the hell did that happen?! On my high school team, we had a guy who forgot to take his retainer out before practice and it ended up getting lodged in his throat during a live go. Perry has really excelled at freestyle, hopefully he can fully recover and get back after it

That’s terrible. Hope he can make a full recovery and continue to be there for his family.

Side note: the wrestling community is amazing. Going through the list of donors and I know probably half of the names.

“3-6 month recovery time for Perry to regain his cognitive abilities and full control and motion on his left side.” Hoping he has a quick and full recovery.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Our hearts go our to this young man and his family.
Wrestling is about coming back after a loss, and I know that Perry will come back.

He is having seizure issues and it sounds like they are worried about clotting

He has an infection of some sort but it's not meningitis which was what they had originally said.He did have a seizure a few days ago but the results showed it didn't do any further damage.His fever is going away so some good signs.But he's still not moving his left side (did move his left hand today) and still has a feeding tube.The road to recovery will be a long one but if anyone can do it Rich can

Finally, a little good news!!

Update from Gina -

“Update: God is moving mountains and the power of prayer is SO real I cannot put into words how thankful I am for each and every single prayer you’ve all said for Rich, myself and our family ❤️ GOD IS SO GOOD.

Another day spent awake and alert today! We got a handful of smiles and even a few laughs. Rich spent a lot of time today looking at pictures of the kids and watching all of the videos that were sent to us or previously recorded. He is doing so great and surgery is finally planned for Monday morning WHEN all goes well with surgery we will spend 2-3 days in the ICU and then head to the Proactive Care Unit for a few days before... get ready for it.... HEADING TO PHILADELPHIA where Rich will do his Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation. Can we just get a Hallelujah?! I mean seriously. Totally trusting God for a complete recovery ❤️

I am so grateful for my husband and his strong faith in God; knowing that is where he draws his strength from gives me such peace of mind because I know how powerful and mighty our God is. He has never failed us ❤️ Please send prayers that Rich continues to draw his strength from the Lord, that the Vasospasm’s continue to decrease and Rich has another great day tomorrow!

Love to you all!

Finally, a little good news!!

Update from Gina -

“Update: God is moving mountains and the power of prayer is SO real I cannot put into words how thankful I am for each and every single prayer you’ve all said for Rich, myself and our family ❤️ GOD IS SO GOOD.

Another day spent awake and alert today! We got a handful of smiles and even a few laughs. Rich spent a lot of time today looking at pictures of the kids and watching all of the videos that were sent to us or previously recorded. He is doing so great and surgery is finally planned for Monday morning WHEN all goes well with surgery we will spend 2-3 days in the ICU and then head to the Proactive Care Unit for a few days before... get ready for it.... HEADING TO PHILADELPHIA where Rich will do his Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation. Can we just get a Hallelujah?! I mean seriously. Totally trusting God for a complete recovery ❤️

I am so grateful for my husband and his strong faith in God; knowing that is where he draws his strength from gives me such peace of mind because I know how powerful and mighty our God is. He has never failed us ❤️ Please send prayers that Rich continues to draw his strength from the Lord, that the Vasospasm’s continue to decrease and Rich has another great day tomorrow!

Love to you all!
Great news. Glad things have turned around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT