ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond haha

You're repeating what I just said.

What do you mean face it?

Yes, they shot like shit despite being an excellent shooting team normally.

Iowa would beat Richmond 9 out of 10 times convincingly.
Sadly we don't live in hypothetical land. They were unmotivated and sleep walked through that game and generally looked like crap against a terrible team.

I don't get the Fran bashing on this one. I watched the game. Other than Sandfort, no one on the team could hit a shot all game long. They played ugly and ragged, looked tired and sluggish, and it didn't matter which combination Fran went with. Keegan didn't play like Keegan after the first 15 minutes of the game. Bohannon struggled. Joe T. didn't provide the spark he usually does. Rebraca played decently. Kris wasn't his best self. Perk was frustrated most of the game. PMac had a run in the second half then went silent. Connor wasn't effective, but mainly because no one could finish even if he got them the ball in their spots--but most of them game, guys were kept off their spots. Richmond was well-coached with six seniors and they played their best and still barely beat the Hawks on possibly their worst game of the entire season. Yeah, Fran didn't do a great job, but his players fell on their faces most of the game, but it looked more like tired legs and tired minds to me.

I don't get the Fran bashing on this one. I watched the game. Other than Sandfort, no one on the team could hit a shot all game long. They played ugly and ragged, looked tired and sluggish, and it didn't matter which combination Fran went with. Keegan didn't play like Keegan after the first 15 minutes of the game. Bohannon struggled. Joe T. didn't provide the spark he usually does. Rebraca played decently. Kris wasn't his best self. Perk was frustrated most of the game. PMac had a run in the second half then went silent. Connor wasn't effective, but mainly because no one could finish even if he got them the ball in their spots--but most of them game, guys were kept off their spots. Richmond was well-coached with six seniors and they played their best and still barely beat the Hawks on possibly their worst game of the entire season. Yeah, Fran didn't do a great job, but his players fell on their faces most of the game, but it looked more like tired legs and tired minds to me.
I'm just glad that people have gotten over the bad defense narrative, because I got a nice little thread ready to go on that subject......

Reactions: WSC72

I feel the same way. If the basket wouldn't have had a lid on it, we would have been up by 20 at the half. But sh!t happens in this tournament ... and we love it - except when it happens to us. I loved seeing Kentucky get beat. I bet their boards have been fun.

I know what happened Thursday, and it's my fault.
My employer is a terrible gambler. Frankly, I could retire simply by betting the opposite of anything he bets. It's absolutely unbelievable how bad he is. Anyway, he doesn't really follow college basketball. He asked me if Iowa was in the Tournament, and I made the enormous mistake of telling him that we were indeed in the Tournament and some of the predictions had us going to the Final Four. With that information, I'm sure he put a sizable bet on the Hawkeyes. The moment he did that, we were doomed.
Fran is off the hook. So are the players. This one is on me.

My employer is a terrible gambler. Frankly, I could retire simply by betting the opposite of anything he bets. It's absolutely unbelievable how bad he is. Anyway, he doesn't really follow college basketball. He asked me if Iowa was in the Tournament, and I made the enormous mistake of telling him that we were indeed in the Tournament and some of the predictions had us going to the Final Four. With that information, I'm sure he put a sizable bet on the Hawkeyes. The moment he did that, we were doomed.
This is the best post ever. I look forward to your employer's anti picks!

You need to start sharing his picks on the degen thread over on HROT, so we can all fade them..... ;)

Unfortunately, when you live and die by the three point shot, when the three's don't fall you end up losing to bad teams. Iowa shot remarkably well from distance through February so they looked competitive with anyone.
You'll never go far if you live and die by 1 thing....

I feel the same way. If the basket wouldn't have had a lid on it, we would have been up by 20 at the half. But sh!t happens in this tournament ... and we love it - except when it happens to us. I loved seeing Kentucky get beat. I bet their boards have been fun.
Shit happens every time for us....

You'll never go far if you live and die by 1 thing....
Nope, although this team had success going inside when the 3's weren't falling. It just didn't work the other night. Richmond was able to shut it down. Whether that was because of something Richmond was doing, Iowa wasn't doing, or Keegan being hurt, I don't know. I guess it really doesn't matter at this point either.

Nope, although this team had success going inside when the 3's weren't falling. It just didn't work the other night. Richmond was able to shut it down. Whether that was because of something Richmond was doing, Iowa wasn't doing, or Keegan being hurt, I don't know. I guess it really doesn't matter at this point either.
I watched the game a second time.

Keegan actually had plenty of good looks inside and out and just didn't make them.

The shots he was getting weren't different than any other game.

Im sure the Ankle played a part.

Sandfort, Kris, Perkins and JBO missed most of the shots they normally make too.

When you miss shots at that percentage you lose games its that simple.

Thats a ridiculous statement.

Iowa just beat 4 teams that advanced in the tournament last month.

They played tight and thus shot like shit, it happens to a lot of teams in the first game.
I’m proud of the Hawks either way, but Richmond played four games in four days and had to win their conference championship to get it in.

Great post. I couldn't agree with you more on this. A bad game like our Rutgers regular season game is bound to happen to any team at more than one point in a season. Unfortunately, ours crept up on us at the least expected time. Just a bad day on the court all around. Not to take anything away from Richmond but Iowa really did lose to themselves on Thursday and the whole team did their part in my opinion.

You sound like one of those PSU schills saying they would of won if Clifford had not gotten hurt.

Well, ya got me there. I thought about 99% of the posts on this site were opinions.
fd8e677dc0476542964eac63caf20eafbe1292de

Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT