ADVERTISEMENT

*****Richmond vs Iowa Game Thread*****

If you shoot 20% from 3 in a tourney game you’re gonna lose. It sucks but it is what it is. Now I have to play adopt a team for the rest of the tourney. Go Georgia St!!

Reactions: Moral
Like an idiot, I once again fell for the hype and picked Iowa to the Sweet 16. I knew it was a stupid thing to do, but I did it anyway. Never again with Fran as coach.

I’m done….I want him gone (it won’t happen). I’m sick of this crap.
I did as well 83....I said it a few weeks ago....they do it time and time again.
We go on a run everyone gets excited and then we get punched in the nut sack when it matters.
wash, rinse, and repeat as usual

It’s the same thing every year, rinse and repeat. Last two years #2 and #5 seed and you go 1-2. I got hopeful latter part of the year and should have known better. I turned the game off as I just couldn’t stomach seeing this again. You can only sell hope for so long before fans become apathetic and check out. At some point you have to deliver. BIG10 Championship was fun but in reality no one cares about that after today!
Yeah our players looked like absolute crap, unenthused, lost on the floor, lazy, outhustled, horrible D, couldn't make anything, so obviously this is on them to a large extent. But even though you can say Fran's not the one missing the shots, look at our record in the tourney under him and one thing is clear, he absolutely sucks at getting his team ready to play in the tourney. Just consistently horrible.

All American gets 5 shots in the second half . Blame the refs
It is easy to game plan to limit a player's touches. I thought Iowa did a poor job of getting everyone involved in the offense. The beginning of the game it seemed like the ball had to go through Keegan too much. Richmond's pack line defense was not going to allow Iowa to get to the rim and they were going to make them take tough shots over the top.

Like an idiot, I once again fell for the hype and picked Iowa to the Sweet 16. I knew it was a stupid thing to do, but I did it anyway. Never again with Fran as coach.

I’m done….I want him gone (it won’t happen). I’m sick of this crap.
Oh yeah it was Fran that lost it today. Asshole.

We lost because we couldn't hit the ocean. Unreal. We had alot of open looks and nothing would fall. Where do all these little schools find 7 footers? It sucks once again to get the early bounce. It sure seemed that they allowed alot of mugging. I thought I was watching Rutgers.

I didn't think refs could be worse than Big Ten refs. I was wrong.
That was laughable incompetence. Those refs should pack their bags and leave the tourney tonight. They flat out sucked. You ABSOLUTELY CANNOT MISS calling the foul on Richmond on Murray's 3. Ref was 5!FT from the shot and no call??? Just a joke.

Reactions: punk1980
I’ve been reliably told I can’t question the coaches or the players. Hopefully there will be a KF like review of bowl game prep, for the Fran to stop these lack luster performances.

16 years to the exact date of Northwestern State, just sayin. Yes, refs didn't lose this game but my goodness so obviously missed calls on Keegan and Kris for starters. Wow..

• Wow
Reactions: punk1980
Most of the team was sleepwalking today. Poor shooting, not paying attention on defense, dumb mistakes. Keegan had a phenomenal season, but he has to step up and demand the ball. Too often in the second half, he had the ball at the top of the key and passed it off without even looking at the rim. Tony fouling on a three point shot. Joe running directly into Burton after he had already gotten the refs attention with the hand fighting. Very disappointing finish to the season.

Reactions: garrison1
That was laughable incompetence. Those refs should pack their bags and leave the tourney tonight. They flat out sucked. You ABSOLUTELY CANNOT MISS calling the foul on Richmond on Murray's 3. Ref was 5!FT from the shot and no call??? Just a joke.
Equality

Fran wasn’t shooting but he could have made sure Keegan posted up and got the ball. That is on him
When Rebraca was in their big doubled Keegan in the lane. They didn’t even guard Philip. As a result passing lane inside wasn’t there. Fran either needs to get a legit Big in transfer portal or hope Mulvey/Ogundele develope big time over the off season.

Fran wasn’t shooting but he could have made sure Keegan posted up and got the ball. That is on him
In business, as in life (incl sports), if your usual isn’t working you’ve got to switch to something that does.

For starters in this game,‘figure out the back door cut and stop it.

Reactions: Sett1997
Hey. If it makes your day better to blame Fran go for it. He wasn't the one missing shots.
So…..who exactly is responsible for the roster, and who is responsible for coaching them, and who is responsible for getting them ready to play?

But by all means….blame the players, and give Fran a pass. Again.

One of the problems with officiating in the tournament is they put guys together that usually don't work together during the season. That is a major problem to me. Even though basketball should be "called" the same no matter what league, it just doesn't happen. Officials should work with the crew they worked with throughout the year. They should also not have officials call a game that officiates either team in their conference.

ADVERTISEMENT