ADVERTISEMENT

*****Richmond vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Yeah our players looked like absolute crap, unenthused, lost on the floor, lazy, outhustled, horrible D, couldn't make anything, so obviously this is on them to a large extent. But even though you can say Fran's not the one missing the shots, look at our record in the tourney under him and one thing is clear, he absolutely sucks at getting his team ready to play in the tourney. Just consistently horrible.
Correct. How many years can you keep doing this before fans don’t care and
Yeah our players looked like absolute crap, unenthused, lost on the floor, lazy, outhustled, horrible D, couldn't make anything, so obviously this is on them to a large extent. But even though you can say Fran's not the one missing the shots, look at our record in the tourney under him and one thing is clear, he absolutely sucks at getting his team ready to play in the tourney. Just consistently horrible.
correct. They are never the aggressor. How many years can we keep doing this before fans just are so apathetic that they no longer show up. No fan being rational can see a second weekend run next year. Maybe we should fire Fran. That seems to be only way a coach can take Iowa to Sweet16.

Reactions: Hawkdome
Correct. How many years can you keep doing this before fans don’t care and

correct. They are never the aggressor. How many years with the best or one of the best players in the country can we keep doing this before fans just are so apathetic that they no longer show up. No fan being rational can see a second weekend run next year. Maybe we should fire Fran. That seems to be only way a coach can take Iowa to Sweet16.
Added just a little somethin.

Hey. If it makes your day better to blame Fran go for it. He wasn't the one missing shots.
Maybe not but it looks to me like Fran didn't have these guys ready mentally to play.
You would think that all the past failures in this tournament would possibly force him to adjust the way he prepares his team, but nope.
Also, he should have adjusted the offense to get Keegan on the block more. That was a costly mistake IMO.
I will agree that the legs didn't look good today. Shots being short all day long are an indication of a tired team. Maybe the grind of the B1G season and tourney finally did the Hawks in today.....

One of the problems with officiating in the tournament is they put guys together that usually don't work together during the season. That is a major problem to me. Even though basketball should be "called" the same no matter what league, it just doesn't happen. Officials should work with the crew they worked with throughout the year. They should also not have officials call a game that officiates either team in their conference.
This is a good observation.

Reactions: Hawkenschpiel
So…..who exactly is responsible for the roster, and who is responsible for coaching them, and who is responsible for getting them ready to play?

But by all means….blame the players, and give Fran a pass. Again.
Bingo.

There’s plenty of blame to go around and it’s a shame Keegan cost himself more money than we all lost together on this game. I don’t think anyone in the B1G is going to do much and at least we have a trophy in the case.

Reactions: Hawkenschpiel
this....their one point guard killed us all day long.
When JBo was lined up against Gilyard in the beginning of the game I was not optimistic how it was going to go. We were going to have to score a lot of points to neutralize him.

There’s plenty of blame to go around and it’s a shame Keegan cost himself more money than we all lost together on this game. I don’t think anyone in the B1G is going to do much and at least we have a trophy in the case.
I have Illinois and Purdue in my Final Four. But I think you're right, my bracket is foooked.

Sorry, but the fix was on from the very start. Richmond was reaching and grabbing and playing all around street fight style of play from start to finish, and the officials were not calling them on it. Somehow they get called on only six fouls in the second half?! if you believe they only fouled six times in the second half, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. They had two completely different standards of fouls they were calling all game long. Touch files when Iowa was committing them, while Richmond was allowed all the reaching, grabbing, shoving all day long, no calls. Absolutely corrupt!

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo Bloor
Sorry, but the fix was on from the very start. Richmond was reaching and grabbing and playing all around street fight style of play from start to finish, and the officials were not calling them on it. Somehow they get called on only six fouls in the second half?! if you believe they only fouled six times in the second half, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. They had two completely different standards of fouls they were calling all game long. Touch files when Iowa was committing them, while Richmond was allowed all the reaching, grabbing, shoving all day long, no calls. Absolutely corrupt!
lol

You're a joke. Just like Fran.

Reactions: Gonzo Bloor
And everyone says officiating will be different in the tournament.

What would they gain to favor Richmond? Richmond barely has a fan base! Or are you saying they had Richmond win in order to protect another team? Or are you saying they had money on the game?

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Whichever coach had the scouting for this game failed. Those inbound passes and scores were brutal. Also, the Wilson basketball is a piece of shit.
I have always wondered how much the ball affects a player's shot. I know teams end up using a variety of basketballs due to contracts schools have, but the ball is one thing that needs to be the same for everyone. Textures are different and there are some that feel heavier even though they probably are not.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT