ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Scott's 11 Point Plan to Rescue America

He's not going to win independents with that. Too much to dislike.

The question is if he could win the Trump base with it tho.

I don’t think he has a chance personally, but who the heck knows? Could have the unusual position where DeSantis, Rubio and Scott all run from the same state. Not sure it happened before where both senators and the governor ran from the same state.

Reactions: cigaretteman
The question is if he could win the Trump base with it tho.

I don’t think he has a chance personally, but who the heck knows? Could have the unusual position where DeSantis, Rubio and Scott all run from the same state. Not sure it happened before where both senators and the governor ran from the same state.
Nobody is going to win just appealing to the Trump base.

Race matters no matter how much you want to pretend it doesn't. Having data is the only way we can track it.

And who and using what metric is tracking things so we know when we have adequately eradicated racism and can stop collecting this data?

And who and using what metric is tracking things so we know when we have adequately eradicated racism and can stop collecting this data?
Well, when you look at poverty rates, differences in punishments for similar crimes, and dozens of other things that might not be outright racism from the people involved (obviously someone with no income isn't going to be able to get a loan), but racism from the past have created these situations.

Well, when you look at poverty rates, differences in punishments for similar crimes, and dozens of other things that might not be outright racism from the people involved (obviously someone with no income isn't going to be able to get a loan), but racism from the past have created these situations.

Again I ask: How will we know when it is fixed? Or even if our many programs to address are working,

Again I ask: How will we know when it is fixed? Or even if our many programs to address are working,
I don't have all the answers on that, but it starts with percentages of these things between races being very similar.

rick-scott.jpg
Jeez, after reading #1, I've decided this guy is basically Colonel Dietrich from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I wonder what would happen if you opened a crate of Critical Race Theory books on front of him.
giphy.gif

I haven’t read the whole list. Is it like the 2016 GOP platform? Is there section that advocates pulling aid from Ukraine and ending sanctions against Russia?

All of the US's problems would magically disappear if we all stood for the pledge of allegiance and didn't fill out our race on government forms....poof....disappear like the money Ricky stole from Medicare.
2018-04-18-Rick-Scott.jpg

Allow me to add just a couple that should in turn, seal a victory for him:

12.) Provide the exact same tax break that one gets for buying a Tesla, in percentage terms to any new construction of a nuclear power plant, or to the cost of construction of a de-salination plant.

I would also provide the same incentives for domestic drilling, pipeline construction, refinery construction, tanker trucks/cars and anything related.

13.) Cancel the CAFE standards nonsense, allowing car makers to build any size automobile that they like. Let's get back to the good old days when real men drove Cadillacs instead of pickup trucks and Tesla's .

R.867779bc04da519dc18de9b011c755d1

I wonder if Scott would wind up paying a smaller tax rate than all of the poor people he is now proposing to have some skin in the game?

Reactions: cigaretteman
How much of this proposal is about Rick Scott lining himself up for a POTUS run? There is no way anyone in Senate leadership gave a thumbs up to this proposal before it went out. McConnell, Thune, and Cornyn must have crapped their pants when they saw it trending.

In a race to the bottom, Madison Cawthorn has published his contract with America.

In a race to the bottom, Madison Cawthorn has published his contract with America.

Ending SS doesn't seem like a great way to get votes, but with MAGAs who knows?

Many would see it as a tax cut; and arrive at retirement age with $5,000 saved.
That's just it. The majority of the MAGAs that are Facebook friends of mine are people working for an hourly wage. They work hard, but I don't think many of them have enough extra money to contribute to retirement accounts. Without the SS safety net many of them would probably have to work until they die or live in complete poverty.

Did he sign it with a crayon?

Lets face it, this country is like a married couple right before they file for divorce. One side hates the other side's ideas just because they hate the other person.

Our country is one big dysfunctional "family" who despise each other and want to see each other rot in hell and will go out of their way to make the other side suffer. Its no wonder we are where we are. The only thing both sides can agee on is that money and power is good! So lets screw over the american people so we (the top 1%) can have more.

Reactions: globalhawk
Lets face it, this country is like a married couple right before they file for divorce. One side hates the other side's ideas just because they hate the other person.

Our country is one big dysfunctional "family" who despise each other and want to see each other rot in hell and will go out of their way to make the other side suffer. Its no wonder we are where we are. The only thing both sides can agee on is that money and power is good! So lets screw over the american people so we (the top 1%) can have more.
One side is the educated spouse who makes bank. The other is the methed out spouse who can’t read.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
It just amazes me when people get on calls, zoom and phone that they don’t mute their mic. They always have no clue they are making noise and disrupting the meeting with background noise or doing other things that interrupt the speaker. I’ve been on calls where a person will put the meeting call on hold to take another call and that stupid hold music starts playing. It’s like OMG, are you this stupid? Yes, yes they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT