ADVERTISEMENT

Riggins v Haines

sabula

HR All-American
Oct 24, 2001
unless it was buried in another thread and i was too lazy to find it... how did this pan out? I know Riggins lost... but any comments on it? Some real wrestling talk vs under the bridge old man grappling is needed,

Reactions: el dub
Riggins lost 7-3. 3 TD to 0. Riggins got in deep several times and was very close to scoring at least twice but just got out scrambled a bit. Haines is the more polished wrestler at this point but Riggins is very close.

I don’t think Riggins and Haines are the same weight in college. Haines will probably go as a true freshman at 157 while Riggins redshirts at 165. Am I off base with that assumption?

Reactions: Gobblin
Not sure why Haines would go next year as a true freshman. Penn state obviously doesn’t need him to win. Plus he looks like a guy that won’t hold 157 for long. I think he RSs and gets some separation from Facundo eligibility wise. Definitely good enough to start and probably aa at a weak weight.

is Haines the kid from California Riggins wrestled at NOC recently? that kid looked to me like he’s going to be a bigger weight class in college

Pretty nice group ISU has coming in with Swiderski, Rojas, and now Gaitan.
Swiderski looks very good. Gaitan has some high level wins. Rojas I'm not as sold on. Dresser is actually pretty good at identifying and schmoozing talent (our staff could use more of this). The development after they get in house isn't that hot to trot at ISU though.

Pretty nice group ISU has coming in with Swiderski, Rojas, and now Gaitan.
With ISU, development has been the issue.

I imagine Dresser had plenty of $$$ to offer.

Now we just need to wait and see how Rojas and Gaitlan end up at the same weight two weeks before the 23/24 season starts and the Clone fans can't understand how that occurs.

If I live long enough, in 4-5 years I hope to compare the college careers of Gaitan and Riggins.

Based on what I have witnessed, I think I have a pretty good idea.

If I live long enough, in 4-5 years I hope to compare the college careers of Gaitan and Riggins.

Based on what I have witnessed, I think I have a pretty good idea.
Can't wait until it
turtle-bite.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT