ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Moss - CBS Sports 1st Team All-American CB

I looked at three 7 round mock drafts. One has him going in the 4th as a free safety and the other 2 have him undrafted.

Obviously, the 2 pick sixes in one game brought Riley immediately into the national spotlight. And it's too easy to frame his year by that single performance; IE, a single lightning-in-a-bottle kind of day. But IMO he is elite against the rush and has made a LOT of extremely athletic pass defenses, as well. This kind of recognition is well deserved.

Reactions: haightt
He has great ball skills, 10 career picks.

I guess this all means he is very unlikely to return to Iowa. Hard to repeat the accolades he has compiled.

A question is whether the fact that he's currently playing without a PCL ... how much would that deleteriously impact his draft stock? My guess is that it inherently would count against him.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Even that seems quite high
😂 1 in 20 years… Well RM got to play CB at Iowa where a white kid can live out his skill position and put return dreams! All jokes aside RM may get a strong look at safety, he has very good ball hawking skills. I actually thought thats where he’d wind up at Iowa. Congrats to him on the accolades!

Very impressive considering the injuring!!
True, and it will interesting to see what happens when the NFL doctors give him a thorough exam. Obviously he's still wearing a brace. I don't believe he had surgery on the PCL but rest assured they'll be taking a LONG look at that......

Reactions: nbanflfactory
He is still wearing a brace, but it was good to see he no longer wears the giant offensive lineman knee brace. A smaller svelte brace.

How awesome would it be if he came back next year? Almost the entire defense returns and David Bell goes pro. Those 2 things alone are worth at least 2 more wins. 😃

Reactions: Im4Iowa
Good for Riley. I remember how he was drug through the mud as a freshman not long ago. Great player.

ADVERTISEMENT