ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ---Riley Moss returning to Iowa in 2022---

So you don't think he is 6'1 195 pounds? or you don't think that is big enough to play in the NFL?
I don't know if he's that big, or maybe he's the first player ever to be listed at their correct h/w?

Nothing personal and I hope I'm wrong, unfortunately that's usually not the case 😕 🤣

I don't know if he's that big, or maybe he's the first player ever to be listed at their correct h/w?

Nothing personal and I hope I'm wrong, unfortunately that's usually not the case 😕 🤣
So you have no idea what you are talking about? Got it.

You are absolutely wrong in this case lol.

They don't hand out B1G DB of the Year like candy. And all 3 previous winners from Iowa are still in the NFL, 2 as starters.

Reactions: David1979
He should not be seeing the field unless it is garbage time.
Iowa has a lot of slot type receivers. They lack depth at the bigger receiver position.
Johnson is solidly built and has proven he can play.
Brecht has height and size and will play next year, but he’s an unknown.
Bostick will be a true freshman next year and has height, but he’s a string bean right now. Will he contribute next year?

Ritter’s already played and contributed in meaningful games. I’ll bet he has a bit bigger role next year.

Iowa has a lot of slot type receivers. They lack depth at the bigger receiver position.
Johnson is solidly built and has proven he can play.
Brecht has height and size and will play next year, but he’s an unknown.
Bostick will be a true freshman next year and has height, but he’s a string bean right now. Will he contribute next year?

Ritter’s already played and contributed in meaningful games. I’ll bet he has a bit bigger role next year.
If does have a bigger role that says a lot about the lack of talent on the roster. He shouldn't be seeing meaningful time. If Brecht doesn't beat him out that is an issue.

If does have a bigger role that says a lot about the lack of talent on the roster. He shouldn't be seeing meaningful time. If Brecht doesn't beat him out that is an issue.
Ritter hasn't played much. He was on the field for a few snaps in the first three games before getting passed by true freshmen Johnson and Bruce, in the Maryland blowout, and then not until the Citrus Bowl when Johnson was out and Tracy was no longer with the team. He apparently has impressed the coaches sufficiently to be ahead of Cooper, Vines, and the other WRs who transferred. That could indicate a lack of talent on the roster, or it could indicate that Ritter has some skills and is developing as a player. (It's also possible both things are true.)

Other than what the roster tells me - he wears #29 and checks in at 6'3" 214 - I don't know anything about him other than he's played a bit and had three catches. I don't know what his ceiling is and what he's shown thus far in practice. What's your basis for saying he "shouldn't be seeing meaningful time"?

Reactions: shudaddy
Ritter hasn't played much. He was on the field for a few snaps in the first three games before getting passed by true freshmen Johnson and Bruce, in the Maryland blowout, and then not until the Citrus Bowl when Johnson was out and Tracy was no longer with the team. He apparently has impressed the coaches sufficiently to be ahead of Cooper, Vines, and the other WRs who transferred. That could indicate a lack of talent on the roster, or it could indicate that Ritter has some skills and is developing as a player. (It's also possible both things are true.)

Other than what the roster tells me - he wears #29 and checks in at 6'3" 214 - I don't know anything about him other than he's played a bit and had three catches. I don't know what his ceiling is and what he's shown thus far in practice. What's your basis for saying he "shouldn't be seeing meaningful time"?
Because he doesn’t have the talent. Vines and Cooper don’t play the same position so that’s irrelevant.

Because he doesn’t have the talent. Vines and Cooper don’t play the same position so that’s irrelevant.
How do you know he doesn't? I don't have enough information available to make a valid judgment one way or the other, so I'm curious regarding the basis for your judgment.

How do you know he doesn't? I don't have enough information available to make a valid judgment one way or the other, so I'm curious regarding the basis for your judgment.
He was only on the field because of the coaches not recruiting the X position well enough and they weren't ready to give the spot to Johnson. I mean they started the season with Tracy in that position and it was because the position was so weak. If Ritter is seeing major time it is a failure of the coaching staff to recruit adequately.

Reactions: StallmanCurse
Not sure if this was posted before. Looks like maybe a reason, if this evaluation is mostly true, why Moss chose to come back:

He doesn’t know. He just likes to pretend he knows more than coaches. Probably because he’s a white WR and walk-on.

Like you said, there isn’t enough information yet for people to know. All I know is he is seeing a little time and he caught all 3 passes thrown his way.

• Haha
Reactions: David1979
He doesn’t know. He just likes to pretend he knows more than coaches. Probably because he’s a white WR and walk-on.

Like you said, there isn’t enough information yet for people to know. All I know is he is seeing a little time and he caught all 3 passes thrown his way.
I would bet the coaches would tell you the same thing. That they were really lacking talent at the X position this year.

Not sure if this was posted before. Looks like maybe a reason, if this evaluation is mostly true, why Moss chose to come back:

The NFL judgement/criteria for the draft is extremely harsh for everyone. Favors the athletic freaks. Don't know enough about the guy writing this up to see if he's been generally close to where guys are taken. The assessment seems to make sense about what they want to see from Moss to move him out of 6-7 round/UFDA range.

I just know that I tend to over-inflate where the Iowa guys will get taken due to seeing nearly every play of their college career. If Moss does really need the PCL cleanup, definitely smart to come back and try to put in a healthy season.

Reactions: frydaze
ADVERTISEMENT