ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Spock

tumblr_mqn9utNoU51rtjquoo2_500.gif

Reactions: unIowa
Anybody else remember when he used to be the narrator for the show "In Search of..."? Remember, as a kid, watching it on Saturdays, after cartoons were over.....

Reactions: lucas80
Originally posted by SigMaintHawk:
Anybody else remember when he used to be the narrator for the show "In Search of..."? Remember, as a kid, watching it on Saturdays, after cartoons were over.....
Loved that show.

isonimoy1.jpg

nimoy-acts-out-in-the-hall1.png
He was on one of the Perry Mason episodes. Spock is a character that will never be forgotten.

Currently I'm watching the Monorail episode from Season 4 of the Simpson's. Just fantastic. Plus, it has great work in it by Phil Hartman.

Originally posted by lucas80:
Originally posted by SF HAWKEYE:
My favorite Vulcan
ec
T'Pol is way sexier.
Jolene Blaylock as T'Pol was very, very hot. I like to think that she was only a 5 on the Vulcan chick scale of 1-10.

"Enterprise" was a good show and is underrated. It told a good story, the origins of the ship. Good work done by Scott Bakula, Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, and Linda Park. There's a classic scene where T'Pol and Hoshi Sato (Park) are in their skivvies in a decontamination chamber or something. If you watched it your first reaction is "wood."

I saw an interview with George Takei last night and he was talking about how Nimoy fought for Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, and Takei to get more money. He was shocked in particular that Nichols was getting so little compared to the rest of the supporting staff.
Takei also talked about how the show was basically Starship Earth. The mixed cast in an era where civil rights was a front burner issue. Where the Cold War was raging but there was a Russian on the bridge. I am linking an article from NPR where Nimoy responded to a young bi-racial girl who identified with Spock. Another attempt by Gene Roddenberry to create diversity on the cast.

NPR link

Originally posted by rchawk:

My favorite Vulcan
ec
T'Pol is way sexier.
Jolene Blaylock as T'Pol was very, very hot. I like to think that she was only a 5 on the Vulcan chick scale of 1-10.

"Enterprise" was a good show and is underrated. It told a good story, the origins of the ship. Good work done by Scott Bakula, Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, and Linda Park. There's a classic scene where T'Pol and Hoshi Sato (Park) are in their skivvies in a decontamination chamber or something. If you watched it your first reaction is "wood."
Trip was in there, too. Nicely done scene as they all rub some gel all over each other. The lights are down low. It was spicy for network TV.

Originally posted by THE_DEVIL:
B-8115FVEAAOASF.jpg
In one of the articles I read about Nimoy it mentioned he was born to Jewish Russian emigre parents, and that both "Live long and prosper", and the hand sign have their roots in his childhood. Supposedly there is a similar saying in Hebrew meant to extend good will, and a similar hand sign is/was used in certain Jewish ceremonies.
Fascinating.

That's a photo shopped T'Pol. Nice, but photo shopped. Boobs that huge would be highly illogical.

MeTV is paying a bit of an homage to Leonard Nimoy this weekend. Normally they have Star Trek on at 8 pm on Saturday's. Tonight they played Amok Time. That had to be on purpose to play one of the episodes that gave Nimoy the best chance to shine as Spock. Sunday night they are playing 3 hours of shows featuring Nimoy.

And, from Amok Time: T'Pring. Would not. Too shifty.

My favorite Vulcan
ec
T'Pol is way sexier.

Trip was in there, too. Nicely done scene as they all rub some gel all over each other. The lights are down low. It was spicy for network TV.
Huh, I don't remember Trip there at all. Lucky Trip.

When T'Pol gets the seven-year itch I'll bet it's fantastic. It may kill you, but I'll bet it's fantastic.

This post was edited on 3/1 5:34 PM by rchawk

My favorite Vulcan
ec
T'Pol is way sexier.

Huh, I don't remember Trip there at all. Lucky Trip.

When T'Pol gets the seven-year itch I'll bet it's fantastic. It may kill you, but I'll bet it's fantastic.

This post was edited on 3/1 5:34 PM by rchawk
They used the decontamination chamber in multiple episodes. It allowed them to build up some sexual tension. I'm positive there was a three way with Hoshi, T'Pol, and Trip. Lucky bastard.

I watched the episode of Columbo tonight with Nimoy. I flipped away from MeTV, and went back a little bit later and saw a Man From UNCLE episode that had both Nimoy and William Shatner. Pretty cool. One of the other characters in this episode was played by Werner Klemperer. Yes, Colonel Klink.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT