ADVERTISEMENT

Rising seas could swallow millions of U.S. acres within decades

Until costal elitists Democrats start selling their oceanfront properties in droves it's all hyperbolic blame game bullshit.
Demorats always lead by do as I say, not as I do. The same people telling you to drive EVs aren’t using public transportation, they’re flying private jets, they’re locking down their state but getting their hair done or vacationing in Florida, dining out indoors without a mask. It’s not about the planet or saving lives. It’s about power and control.

• Haha
Reactions: State of Illinois
And properties that were a couple of blocks off of the ocean are now oceanfront and more valuable for tax purposes.

Meh....not really

They have all that flotsam and junk obstructing their view, where there used to be nice sand. Unless someone pays to have it all hauled away.

Wouldn't insurance companies just say it's not man made and cite tons of data showing much more of the earth was covered in water in previous eras when men could not have caused it?

So, I can murder you and claim that since "natural deaths" have occurred for millennia, I'm not guilty of anything....

Kewl

Now that we're nearing the end of the melting (scientifically, that's what happens to ice),

LOLWUT?

Greenland land-ice melts, and you've got many feet of sea level rise. We're not close to "the end of the melting".

Now, go pick up a chemistry book and learn about "the coefficient of thermal expansion"...

Do you expect either of Obama’s beach houses will be underwater before he dies?

His "beach house" on Martha's Vineyard is at least 15' or more above sea level.

Seems like he bought something that even his kids, and possibly grandkids, could enjoy. Despite the worst outcomes in the next 100 years for SLR.

People will just move further inland

You do realize all those houses that go underwater don't just magically "vanish" though, right?

Home electrical wiring, plumbing pipes, sewer pipes, foundations, etc ALL will be there for the next level of homes "on the beachfront" to enjoy... for hundreds of years before they eventually erode into nothing.

Meh....not really

They have all that flotsam and junk obstructing their view, where there used to be nice sand. Unless someone pays to have it all hauled away.
Yeah...those'll be junk-front properties. And when those mortgages default it crashes the entire system. The value of this moran's house likely dropped during the financial crisis even if he had not one thing to do with it and the value of the at-risk properties now is a trillion dollars...with a T. That's doomsday if it collapses.

It's amazing to watch idiots trying desperately to put some kind of silver lining on this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT