ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Recruiting team ranking for 2020 as of 4/12/19....Iowa #11

It was a great game! Too bad it was cut short. :D

I have no doubt. Congrats. Lucky for Nebraska it's a non-contact sport so they don't have to worry about getting outmuscled and outmanned like they do in football. I know beating us in anything is a very big deal for you guys, nice to see you get a W in something.

Reactions: sltldowney
02, 09, 15 teams were on the cusp of being right there. Compared to a lot of P5 schools it is pretty impressive. Though so far away at the end of the day they were right in it/possibly able to till near the end. 09 without Stanzi getting hurt, who knows.

In my lifetime, 85 was as close as the Hawks came to a NC caliber team. 02 was probably next but they couldn't manage to beat ISU and were not on the same level as the USC team that trounced them. 09 was a very good team but not a NC contender. 15 was, in reality, a pretty average team that got every bounce and found a way to win close games.
There has been a lot of discussion in this thread about how recruiting rankings are justified by how many players are in the league. That the does not tell the story about a class. Iowa's classes average 22 kids. They got four guys drafted last year. That is about 18% of a recruiting class. The bigger story is how competitive were the other guys who didn't make the NFL? Were they good enough to not be exploited by another team? See the 2016 Rose Bowl for example.
Iowa's recruiting has improved significantly since 2016. No doubt in my mind. But they are still a long way from having a roster that is ready to win a playoff game and compete for a NC.

Seriously, that game was INCHES away from being yet another ass-kicking. Hockenson takes that fake in, and Nebby wilts and we hang another 40-burger on them.

It took them a missed fake, 3(!) fourth down conversions, and a BS late hit call for Nebby to even make it a game.

That late hit on the fake punt was a truly horrific call.

Bang! This is part of my argument for thinking Iowa can win da hole thang! If the team does it's part in all facets and we get some things to go in our favor it can happen. Make the playoff then who knows.

No!!!! Please don't ever use "da" in a post, Harb. Makes me think of the whoanellie troll that used to frequent this place.

Reactions: bojihawk44
That’s pretty cool. For years Hawkeyes said that recruiting rankings don’t matter and now a little less than ONE YEAR from signing day, you are excited about a number 11 ranking? Alrighty then.

FYI - the Huskers are 10 spots above your finish from last year with only THREE recruits.

Carry on...

Since 2012
38-17
28-20
40-10
56-14
31-28

Only Fusker win in since 2012 was overtime. Your great recruiting is really paying off. Carry on.

Wondering if the louis kid will end up playing for the hawks. Absolutely tragic what happened. Anyone have an update on his health? I believe I saw a post on here that he’s starting to workout again but not even close to a 100%. I absolutely love this class. This is the best class I’ve seen for the hawks. Something interesting I noticed today. Saw that Isaiah Bruce was packing on the pounds up to 270 now. I was under the misconception he was in the 235 range from watching his film! Did I miss something:eek: not an indictment on him because he’s a hell of a player but just found it a little odd

Wondering if the louis kid will end up playing for the hawks. Absolutely tragic what happened. Anyone have an update on his health? I believe I saw a post on here that he’s starting to workout again but not even close to a 100%. I absolutely love this class. This is the best class I’ve seen for the hawks. Something interesting I noticed today. Saw that Isaiah Bruce was packing on the pounds up to 270 now. I was under the misconception he was in the 235 range from watching his film! Did I miss something:eek: not an indictment on him because he’s a hell of a player but just found it a little odd

I thought the same thing about Bruce. No way he was anywhere near 260 in that video.

235 is rail thin for any B1G DL, and he's likely gonna be playing inside. The more good weight he can put on, the better.
This he is gonna be a DT, I'm also assuming he's already on a doyle approved regimen and isn't just simply fattening up.

Could be true. But always thought with him only being 6’1 that he’d play Defensive end but I’m wrong on that one. I’m sure he is putting on good weight m but I was just saying that adding 30 LBs in a year is a lot for a high schooler

Could be true. But always thought with him only being 6’1 that he’d play Defensive end but I’m wrong on that one. I’m sure he is putting on good weight m but I was just saying that adding 30 LBs in a year is a lot for a high schooler
I'm actually intrigued by his athleticism as well (hell, he plays RB on offense for his HS team), but everything I've heard says DT for him, as 6'1" is kinda short for an edge guy. Should he handle the move well though, he's gonna have a ridiculous get off

I'm actually intrigued by his athleticism as well (hell, he plays RB on offense for his HS team), but everything I've heard says DT for him, as 6'1" is kinda short for an edge guy. Should he handle the move well though, he's gonna have a ridiculous get off
I just thought that carrying 300 would be difficult for him only being 6’1 but I’m probably wrong. I may be thinking of him being a traditional lineman when he really isn’t he. He’s a 3 technique type/ strong side defensive end type

In my lifetime, 85 was as close as the Hawks came to a NC caliber team. 02 was probably next but they couldn't manage to beat ISU and were not on the same level as the USC team that trounced them. 09 was a very good team but not a NC contender. 15 was, in reality, a pretty average team that got every bounce and found a way to win close games.
There has been a lot of discussion in this thread about how recruiting rankings are justified by how many players are in the league. That the does not tell the story about a class. Iowa's classes average 22 kids. They got four guys drafted last year. That is about 18% of a recruiting class. The bigger story is how competitive were the other guys who didn't make the NFL? Were they good enough to not be exploited by another team? See the 2016 Rose Bowl for example.
Iowa's recruiting has improved significantly since 2016. No doubt in my mind. But they are still a long way from having a roster that is ready to win a playoff game and compete for a NC.

I agree on all points. My hope is we win the west. If that happens then we can hope to win conference etc. Winning the west and maybe 10 games. If we do that, we can expect to get more momentum in recruiting and get to the point where a NC is even a realistic possibility...

Reactions: grayhair81
I just thought that carrying 300 would be difficult for him only being 6’1 but I’m probably wrong. I may be thinking of him being a traditional lineman when he really isn’t he. He’s a 3 technique type/ strong side defensive end type
He's coming in around the same size as Mike Daniels, or at least I think Mike was like 6' and 265ish when he came in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT