ADVERTISEMENT

****Rivals Survivor Series Contest on the Main Board****

Feb 25, 2008
Along with the time I spend (or waste depending on who you ask.... ;)) on here chatting with you yahoos, I also post frequently over on the CFB Soundoff board on the main Rivals site.

Back in December, I got the idea to hold a season-long contest open to everyone, but wanted to guage people's interest, so I created a second contest (which actually took place first...don't think too hard about it) over the bowl season, and that was what I would call a moderate success, so I'll be doing that for this upcoming bowl season as well.

But now with the 2022 season approaching, it's time to start putting things together and I figured that I would extend an invite to everyone here as well.

Being a pro wrestling fan (it's still real to me dammit.gif), I "loosely" based the contest on the WWE pay per view the Survior Series......while completely ripping off the name for the contest, because I can.

It's the Rivals Soundoff Survivor Series Challenge. (and I'm not changing it :D)

All the details will be provided in the link below.

For anyone interested in signing up, there's no pressure to start posting over on the main board. In fact, we can use this thread as a second site for anyone wanting to participate and sign up. You'll just need to check out the linked thread for the rules, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys may have.

We will hold a Draft starting on August 20th, that will continue until the Friday before Week 1 of the CFB season (basically until everyone picks their teams). Each participant will select 5 teams and those 5 teams will be yours to root for during the season. One lucky contestant might even get to draft your future National Champion Iowa Hawkeyes. :cool:

I wanted to explain that much, at least, on here because I am planning on capping the number of participants at 20 (if we even get that many), as, obviously, there is a limit to the number of FBS teams we can choose from.......

Anyways, if anyone is actually interested, sign up below and again, I'll answer any questions you guys have as well.

Link

I got in and man was your mom happy about it
08d8a4eb-10f1-4f46-a0e2-ab1a06fc2fca_text.gif

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
a couple questions:
(1) player who drafts the final NC winner would beat the player who drafts last unbeated team?
(2) only p5 teams or are ndsu or sdsu types allowed?

I won't likely be signing up but will certainly be interested in checking out what's going on as season progresses.

a couple questions:
(1) player who drafts the final NC winner would beat the player who drafts last unbeated team?
(2) only p5 teams or are ndsu or sdsu types allowed?

I won't likely be signing up but will certainly be interested in checking out what's going on as season progresses.
1. Those are two separate contests. Maybe a little redundant, but I figured it'd be a way to keep people invested throughout the season.

-NC winner is the Ultimate Survior.

-Last remaining undefeated team is the Last Team Standing winner (ex. Cincinnati was the last undefeated team last year)

2. Only FBS teams (131 teams to choose from). The fun begins when you get to your 3rd, 4th and 5th picks.

For everyone-
Only 10 spots remaining for anyone else interested in signing up.

Reactions: desihawk
1. Those are two separate contests. Maybe a little redundant, but I figured it'd be a way to keep people invested throughout the season.

-NC winner is the Ultimate Survior.

-Last remaining undefeated team is the Last Team Standing winner (ex. Cincinnati was the last undefeated team last year)

2. Only FBS teams (131 teams to choose from). The fun begins when you get to your 3rd, 4th and 5th picks.

For everyone-
Only 10 spots remaining for anyone else interested in signing up.
thanks. last set of questions -- is the time investment for players pretty much only up front in snatching up 5 teams? or should one be prepared to participate on a week to week basis?

Does the draft go quickly like a regular FF draft? I want to do it but have a Wedding August 20th to go to. Could I periodically check on it through out that day and make my choice when they come up, or is it fast pased so that's not an option

thanks. last set of questions -- is the time investment for players pretty much only up front in snatching up 5 teams? or should one be prepared to participate on a week to week basis?
Definitely the former.

Your true investment starts and ends with the Draft. Once a contestant picks their 5 teams, then they just have to root for them to win as many games as possible throughout the season........

(They basically become your adopted teams for the season).

Sort of similar to Fantasy Football, but without the roster maintenance.

I'll be posting weekly updated standings for everyone to keep track of where they're at as well.

Reactions: desihawk
Definitely the former.

Your true investment starts and ends with the Draft. Once a contestant picks their 5 teams, then they just have to root for them to win as many games as possible throughout the season........

(They basically become your adopted teams for the season).

Sort of similar to Fantasy Football, but without the roster maintenance.

I'll be posting weekly updated standings for everyone to keep track of where they're at as well.
I'll play. Do I get to draft 1st?

:)

Does the draft go quickly like a regular FF draft? I want to do it but have a Wedding August 20th to go to. Could I periodically check on it through out that day and make my choice when they come up, or is it fast pased so that's not an option
It's gonna be open-ended, as there's not really a formal way of doing this (like we have with the Fantasy apps).

Basically, once the order is finalized, that first player is "on the clock" until they make their pick.

I will probably have to set some sort of time limit, because we do only have from the 20th to the 26th to finish it (that Friday before the first games).

6 days should be plenty of time, though, for people to pick 5 teams..........

There will be an official thread for the draft, and I will tag each player when they are on the clock.

If I need to set a time limit, and it comes up, then that player will be given the next team on a Preseason Top 131 ranking, sort of like a Next Best Available pick.

So for example, (I might go 8 hrs or 12 hrs) time runs out, and a player hasn't responded to make a pick yet, and every one of the "top 28 teams" has been picked, then I'll just give them the 29th team, say it's Mississippi. And then the next player will be up.

Alright fellas, we got a full roster of 20 contestants. Thanks to all that signed up.

I will link the thread for the Draft in here as well, when it's up.

Alright fellas, I feel like I should throw a bone to my fellow Hawkeye brethren here, and do an early reveal of the draft positions for those participating and representing Hawkeye Report. ;)

2. @hawkcub
3. @BurgHawk87
14. @rfgiowa
16. @Bank of Hawk
18. @nbanflfactory
20. @cidhawkeye
21. @JerseyCityHawki

In case, you're not familiar with a snake style draft, @JerseyCityHawki you will have the FIRST pick of the 2nd Rd. @hawkcub you will have the second to last pick of that round, and then back to the #2 pick in the 3rd, and so on......

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
I'm retired and I still don't have time for this.
I think once we get going, people will see that it's really not that much of a time commitment.

The draft is the biggest commitment, and that's just paying attention to know when it's your turn to pick a team.

Once the draft is over, they just need to keep track of (i.e. remember.......) the 5 teams they picked.

I will keep track of all the records so players can check at any time.

The Official (Pre)Draft Thread is up fellas! I've also included links to both the Sign Up thread for reference, and the All 131 CBS rankings we will use as a default selection if someone misses their time limit in the Draft

@hawkcub
@BurgHawk87
@rfgiowa
@Bank of Hawk
@nbanflfactory
@cidhawkeye
@JerseyCityHawki

****RSSC Draft Thread****

CBS All 131 Rankings
Bump.

@hawkcub
@BurgHawk87
@rfgiowa
@Bank of Hawk
@nbanflfactory
@cidhawkeye
@JerseyCityHawki

Draft begins tomorrow fellas. I may be opening it at Midnight, so that we can just get the picks going (not sure who's all gonna be wide awake at 8 am on a Saturday...... ;))

If you want to drop over to the official Draft thread on the Main Board to make your picks there and join the conversation you absolutely can. Otherwise, you can make your picks in here and I will update it in the main thread.

i just thought about checking on what the hawkeye brain trust is up to on the main thread only to face the same issue “You have insufficient privileges to reply here.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT