ADVERTISEMENT

****Rivals Survivor Series Contest on the Main Board****

i just thought about checking on what the hawkeye brain trust is up to on the main thread only to face the same issue “You have insufficient privileges to reply here.”
I talked with one of the mods over there. They're not sure what the deal is, but that is happening for other visitors as well. The only thing they could suggest for now is to make a new account (you could probably still use your same username) in order to post there.

My guess is there was an update that split the Rivals main boards from all the branch team sites, and it somehow blocked out certain posters.

Reactions: rfgiowa
I've quoted the post with all the links needed for the Draft to make it easier to find and jump back and forth.

Also, below I will use this post to keep a running tab on all selections made by our fellow HR posters:

First Round:
2. hawkcub - (Georgia)
3. BurgHawk87 - (Utah)
14. rfgiowa - (Iowa)
16. Bank of Hawk - (Cincinnati)
18. nbanflfactory - (Texas A&M)
20. cidhawkeye - (Miami)
21. JerseyCityHawki - (North Carolina State)

Second Round:
22. JerseyCityHawki - (Oregon)
23. cidhawkeye - (Coastal Carolina)
25. nbanflfactory - (Wisconsin)
27. Bank of Hawk - (Arkansas)
29. rfgiowa - (BYU)
40. BurgHawk87 - (Purdue)
41. hawkcub - (Kansas State)

Last edited:
I talked with one of the mods over there. They're not sure what the deal is, but that is happening for other visitors as well. The only thing they could suggest for now is to make a new account (you could probably still use your same username) in order to post there.

My guess is there was an update that split the Rivals main boards from all the branch team sites, and it somehow blocked out certain posters.
Thanks for checking, Evil!
Strange how it shows my handle with one post and three likes too. 😂

***Update***

Starting in the 2nd Rd, the time limit to make a selection will be lowered to 6 hours.

We may also drop this more with each round as we go throughout the week depending on how quickly we're getting through each round.

This is to make sure that things don't stall during the week as people are preoccupied with their daily lives, and we're not waiting as long for one person.

Reactions: hawkcub and rfgiowa
Wanted to give a sort of "Best Available" list of teams remaining. (Note this is not necessarily a list of teams that will win the most games in 2022, but rather from the All 131 rankings we are using for when a participant defaults their pick):

NC State
Oregon
Wisconsin
Arkansas
Penn State
Michigan State
Kentucky
Tennessee
Pittsburgh
Mississippi

@JerseyCityHawki I am going to extend your deadline a bit since you have two picks to make.

Lol sorry I meant that you are next in the order (on deck). If Arkansas is not taken, I will enter them as your pick.

In fact, that's not a bad idea going forward. If anyone that is next in the order has their team in mind, go ahead and post who you would like to pick.

And if the person ahead of you doesn't select that team, I will enter that as your pick. If they do....then I will let you know that you will have to pick another team.

This should definitely help to speed things up and keep you guys from having to wait so long.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
@hawkcub
@BurgHawk87
@rfgiowa
@Bank of Hawk
@nbanflfactory
@cidhawkeye
@JerseyCityHawki

Alright, thanks to an idea from one of our fellow Hawk fans, what we're gonna do going forward is that you have the option to send me a conversation/DM with the team, or a list of teams, you would like to pick next (that way it remains private and you don't have to worry about giving away your picks to contestants before you), and when your turn comes up, if that team or whichever team remaining on your list is still available, I will enter that team in as your pick. I can also let you know beforehand when you're on the clock, in case you decide to change your pick.

This is entirely optional. It's just an idea to help speed things up as we get closer to the deadline.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to DM so I'll just do it the old fashioned way. Hell I don't really care if anyone else sees my super secret picks anyway so I may just list them here.
I could be wrong, but I think the only way to send a private message through a conversation on Rivals is if you're on your computer.

I really only post on my phone, and have never been able to start them, even though I've gotten several over the years (mainly from mods for being, as one would expect, an "evil" monkey a time or two....... :cool:)

For the life of me I can't figure out how to DM so I'll just do it the old fashioned way. Hell I don't really care if anyone else sees my super secret picks anyway so I may just list them here.
You are now on the clock!

@hawkcub is on deck.

There's also one other person to go before Round 3 begins, so both of you will have to turn around and be ready to pick again.

Draft Tracker

omhr1984.0.jpg

As much as it pains me

ADVERTISEMENT