ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie Howard to visit PSU this weekend

2lznuu.jpg

One of us! ;)

Reactions: slushhead
Unless things might not be working out for a few guys at those weights. Heard it announced that neither Teske or Teasdale will get the start whereas RBY is jumping right in. It will be interesting to see how those two do in opens.

My guess is they haven't determined who is the better caliber guy at 125 yet this year between Teasdale or Teske (or more likely, they have to keep both guys happy), so they're going to wait to pull a shirt until January. They have to pull one of their shirts this year.

My guess is they haven't determined who is the better caliber guy at 125 yet this year between Teasdale or Teske (or more likely, they have to keep both guys happy), so they're going to wait to pull a shirt until January. They have to pull one of their shirts this year.

If Teasdale isn't showing separation from Teske right now, that's a really bad sign for Teasdale and he should look to transfer. Look I like Teske a lot and he has a tremendous upside but Teasdale should be ahead of him given his background and training up to now being superior to Teske.

Cael isn't an idiot. But he isn't a saint either. I have no doubt that Howard is being recruited even harder and being offered more money now that Teasdale and Teske are "even". One of them is totally going to be pushed out and out of money at the end of the year. My guess is 100% Teasdale given he was a 125 that will slide to 133 when RBY goes up. Teske is the safer guy to keep given a natural 125.

Teasdale seems to have all the signs of a kid that peaked early. Maybe we got lucky with his decommit? Guess time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionlover
If Teasdale isn't showing separation from Teske right now, that's a really bad sign for Teasdale and he should look to transfer. Look I like Teske a lot and he has a tremendous upside but Teasdale should be ahead of him given his background and training up to now being superior to Teske.

Cael isn't an idiot. But he isn't a saint either. I have no doubt that Howard is being recruited even harder and being offered more money now that Teasdale and Teske are "even". One of them is totally going to be pushed out and out of money at the end of the year. My guess is 100% Teasdale given he was a 125 that will slide to 133 when RBY goes up. Teske is the safer guy to keep given a natural 125.

Teasdale seems to have all the signs of a kid that peaked early. Maybe we got lucky with his decommit? Guess time will tell.
Busiello is only a year behind Teske and Teasdale. Where does he fit in?

Busiello is only a year behind Teske and Teasdale. Where does he fit in?

I just watched Busiello vs Howard.

The PD call against Howard around 5:50 was one of the fastest/worst I've ever seen. Busiello rode the entire second period putting Howard's arm in a lot more PD position than that. Pathetic job by the ref. Have they wrestled each other more times than this?

The video was on this link for me. Not sure if it will be for everyone else too b/c Flo's site is wack.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...tate-can-fit-all-these-recruits-in-the-lineup

Or maybe the guy they have going (Scnupp?) is the better option right now. This could mean that Teasdale can’t make 125 or he can and/or both of the guys need time to mature.

Reactions: lionlover
Or maybe the guy they have going (Scnupp?) is the better option right now.

I refuse to believe that. That would be insanely bad for their situation at 125 this year and years to come. The only way their roster/recruiting is going to work out is to work redshirts in perfectly. If Teasdale and Teske aren't both handling Scnupp right now, they are in trouble at 125 and going after Busiello/Howard hard makes sense.

Schnupp is getting the nod against Kent State. The other two will compete in open tournaments. The decision will be made after the Southern Scuffle.

I don't believe it's a matter of separation or talent.

One may clearly need or want a redshirt year, and the other could get more mat time and D1 experience before the B1G schedule arrives by wrestling opens. If lack of separation is a factor, I believe it's between that second guy and Schnupp, not between the first two guys.

Otherwise, Schnupp being named the first-half starter screams that first scenario. The added bonus in that case is that the coaches can evaluate whether PSU really wants/needs its best truly available guy to go this year, or just have him shirt, too. Prior to Hall, Sanderson didn't start true freshmen unless they were really needed for team points at Nationals.

One may clearly need or want a redshirt year, and the other could get more mat time and D1 experience before the B1G schedule arrives by wrestling opens. If lack of separation is a factor, I believe it's between that second guy and Schnupp, not between the first two guys.

Otherwise, Schnupp being named the first-half starter screams that first scenario. The added bonus in that case is that the coaches can evaluate whether PSU really wants/needs its best truly available guy to go this year, or just have him shirt, too. Prior to Hall, Sanderson didn't start true freshmen unless they were really needed for team points at Nationals.

Other than Nico. I get holding out a decision until 2nd semester and after the scuffle to evaluate. But I will stand by that if either one of them are not clearly better than Schnupp then one of them will transfer out because Cael is absolutely trying to recruit over them with Busiello and maybe Howard or both.

I don't blame Cael or them if it happens. Teske was hardly a top 10 p4p world beater and Teasdale has really leveled off since his sophomore year. Gavin hasn't kept growing and the pack caught back up to him. Those are signs. I am really curious to see how Gullibon, I mean Teasdale does.

Other than Nico. I get holding out a decision until 2nd semester and after the scuffle to evaluate. But I will stand by that if either one of them are not clearly better than Schnupp then one of them will transfer out because Cael is absolutely trying to recruit over them with Busiello and maybe Howard or both.

I don't blame Cael or them if it happens. Teske was hardly a top 10 p4p world beater and Teasdale has really leveled off since his sophomore year. Gavin hasn't kept growing and the pack caught back up to him. Those are signs. I am really curious to see how Gullibon, I mean Teasdale does.

I hear you, but I think you may be missing my point. Reading between the various smoke signals out there, someone probably is better, but just not ready.

And it's not clear when "ready" will happen. I doubt the current situation was part of Plan A. So, wait until a decision absolutely has to be made before Plan A, B, or C gets implemented for the second half.

If Howard is better than both of them, if Cael wasn't trying to improve at the weight he wouldn't be doing his job.

one guy is not a trend, but Retherford started as a true Fresh

one guy is not a trend, but Retherford started as a true Fresh

Yep and it likely cost Zain a great chance at being a 4xer

Right, but notice my qualifier "unless they were really needed for team points at Nationals". PSU doesn't win in 2014 if Zain isn't wrestling. Same kind of thinking with A. Alton in 2011 (though it turned out that his points were not actually necessary).

Predicting on Friday what the coach announced on Wednesday.

With 100 percent accuracy.

How do you do it?

Reactions: danoftw
Unless things might not be working out for a few guys at those weights. Heard it announced that neither Teske or Teasdale will get the start whereas RBY is jumping right in. It will be interesting to see how those two do in opens.

PSU is late to the ballgame but they have won a lot of titles so he should at least check it out...not that I like that or anything. He is class of 2020 so he has plenty of time.

If we assume that Spencer will wrestle post grad in IC with the HWC then I can’t imagine a place Howard would rather be wrestling

But I can’t blame a kid for taking his visits

GO HAWKS!!

Seriously how can we make the biggest impression on him after thanksgiving. Everyone wear Howard shirts for the Purdue meet. I also wonder if we have him in Dec 1st against ISU. I’d assume attendance would be bigger that weekend.

Seriously how can we make the biggest impression on him after thanksgiving. Everyone wear Howard shirts for the Purdue meet. I also wonder if we have him in Dec 1st against ISU. I’d assume attendance would be bigger that weekend.
All I know is he is coming later in the month. He very well may be here during thanksgiving weekend for Purdue or the next for ISU.

Makes sense with B flip to ASU to go all in for Howard. Hoping Lee is enticed to stay post grad with the AD job, I would gladly hold onto Barta to keep the seat warm for Spencer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT