ADVERTISEMENT

Robbins thread

BondHawk

HR Heisman
Jun 27, 2001
Coralville, Iowa
As if things couldn't get weirder, the whole thread is gone now.

For the record, I didn't send any screenshots to anyone's mom but that is pretty pathetic behavior - though entirely predictable for these boards.

As for Niko, if you really think my post from yesterday was "coming down on your ass", you must not come around here much. Was just offering some friendly advice, which apparently was wise given that someone went and did exactly what I thought might happen.

For the record, I didn't send any screenshots to anyone's mom but that is pretty pathetic behavior - though entirely predictable for these boards.

As for Niko, if you really think my post from yesterday was "coming down on your ass", you must not come around here much. Was just offering some friendly advice, which apparently was wise given that someone went and did exactly what I thought might happen.
Just spitballing here but I’m guessing the person who sent the dm’s got the idea from your post, considering exactly what you articulated happened several hrs later.

As for Niko, if you really think my post from yesterday was "coming down on your ass", you must not come around here much. Was just offering some friendly advice, which apparently was wise given that someone went and did exactly what I thou

Why was it deleted? I was really enjoying the thread.

Reactions: Slim45 and Hawkdome

Yeah, eat shit and you’re right about one thing. Source dried up. (Source as in me for anything further)

Was it even Niko's thread? I don't remember who started it.

And you are giving me too much credit for opening people's eyes to the fact that anything posted on the internet can become public info, even if you use an alias and avatar.
It’s wasn’t my thread it was @General Tso ’s

Would Liam’s mom be upset about that? I didn’t find the information Niko shares to be sensitive.

From what I saw it was mostly just that Liam was interested and the Hawks were pulling out all of the stops to bring him aboard.

As far as I am aware Niko even stated he doesn’t know what Liam will decide... maybe I missed something.

Edit: Also a bummer because I quite enjoyed the information/knowing Iowa and Fran were doing their best.

Jfc. This is why you pay 10 bucks for premium. No screenshoting bastards over there.

Reactions: AwkHawk
Would Liam’s mom be upset about that? I didn’t find the information Niko shares to be sensitive.

From what I saw it was mostly just that Liam was interested and the Hawks were pulling out all of the stops to bring him aboard.

As far as I am aware Niko even stated he doesn’t know what Liam will decide... maybe I missed something.
No, that’s it

There is some ambiguity here, at least for my liking.

Do we know anybody sent anything to Mrs. Robbins?

It’s more likely that the admins deleted the post because it usurps the premium board information.

It’s more likely that the admins deleted the post because it usurps the premium board information.
Yes. See showed the IM’s to my wife

The thread was deleted because I asked Tom to take it down as some of the messages on there the family found upsetting or out of bounds

Yes. See showed the IM’s to my wife

The thread was deleted because I asked Tom to take it down as some of the messages on there the family found upsetting or out of bounds

Thanks Niko. I echo what was mentioned above. I truly hope she wasn’t really upset about it or with you and/or your wife.

I suspect not based on what you said, she sounds like a very nice lady.

Reactions: TritonHawkeye
Yeah, eat shit and you’re right about one thing. Source dried up. (Source as in me for anything further)
Well that escalated quickly.

I don't think you posted anything sensitive (nor did anyone else say anything offensive - other than maybe someone telling me to eat shit), I just thought you were living dangerously by being so specific about your information and where you were getting it. Especially living around Iowa City, I'm sure a lot of us stumble onto "inside info" from time to time, but I'm not usually comfortable explicitly sharing it because it would violate an implied trust among families, families of coaches, etc.

Not to mention once that sort of thing gets out and it would be obvious who shared it, no one would share such info with you again. I'd rather keep it to myself, enjoy that I knew before the unwashed masses, and let nature take its course.

This thread isn't about Iowa basketball either

I don't think you posted anything sensitive (nor did anyone else say anything offensive - other than maybe someone telling me to eat shit), I just thought you were living dangerously by being so specific about your information and where you were getting it. Especially living around Iowa City, I'm sure a lot of us stumble onto "inside info" from time to time, but I'm not usually comfortable explicitly sharing it because it would violate an implied trust among families, families of coaches, etc.

Not to mention once that sort of thing gets out and it would be obvious who shared it, no one would share such info with you again. I'd rather keep it to myself, enjoy that I knew before the unwashed masses, and let nature take its course.
Unfortunately this is the truth. I know certain individuals within Iowa Athletics. I won’t ever repeat anything I hear simply because there are too many idiots posting here, some malicious and some just clueless.

It's easy to forget that more people are reading these sites than just the people that post. Through the years we've seen this site being read by all different kinds of people. Nothing is private on this site.

Yes, I bet so! Niko, you need to buy two dozen roses, give them to Mrs. Niko and Mrs. Robbins, and take them out for a nice lunch!
I was never told not to share any of this. I was just instructed not to delve into personal family stuff which I never did and school decisions

Reactions: skydog0784
I was never told not to share any of this. I was just instructed not to delve into personal family stuff which I never did and school decisions
You definitely didn’t delve into personal items and did respect their privacy. I didn’t mean to imply otherwise. My poor attempt at humor.

I strongly suspect that none of this will have an impact on Liam’s decision. I feel great about IA landing him. Go Hawks!

Last edited:
I have been in this exact situation and decided not to post the news because I didn't want the inevitable fallout, which is what I was trying to convey yesterday.
Although I don't currently, I did have some inside knowledge of some things related to one of the Hawk athletic programs in the past and I neve said anything here about any of that...it just felt creepy to me and I didn't feel comfortable. I get what you are saying.

Although I don't currently, I did have some inside knowledge of some things related to one of the Hawk athletic programs in the past and I neve said anything here about any of that...it just felt creepy to me and I didn't feel comfortable. I get what you are saying.
I totally agree and if I felt that anything I posted was anything more than “hey Luka called” and stuff like that, I would’ve never posted it. I thought I was being extremely cautious and respectful

I totally agree and if I felt that anything I posted was anything more than “hey Luka called” and stuff like that, I would’ve never posted it. I thought I was being extremely cautious and respectful
FWIW, I may not have seen every post in the now deleted thread, but from what I did see, I didn't think that you violated any trust or did anything regrettable. I thought what you posted was fine, but there are way too many people super geeked out on where a young athlete decides to attend school and play, so it's hard to hold a reasonable conversation about it.

BUT...this whole scenario is a danger zone in my mind. It sounds like he is a good player and citizen, I hope he does end up in IC by the sounds of things.

ADVERTISEMENT