ADVERTISEMENT

Robbins thread

Bball just not be what he wants as a future because he would have had more exposure and PT in a system that just produced the POY at his position. sour grapes on my part I'll admit, and I'm not not frustrated he didn't come here, its more that it was vandy over us.... seriously man, vandy?

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I think Robbins has either a bizarre attachment to the uncle/family pressure or just does not like Iowa.

Maybe feels he was snubbed in HS.
At the end of the day it's his life and he can do what he wants with it, so good for him. I would have liked to land him strictly because he's a good player, but life goes on, for him and us.

It strikes me as odd that most players spend several years in high school picking the college they will attend as freshman, often with countless visits to campus. But then when they enter the transfer portal, they often make a decision in 1 or 2 weeks.

My suspicion is that many of these guys already know exactly where they are going (or have a pretty good idea) before they announce they are in the portal. I believe this was the case for Robbins. (I also wouldn’t be surprised if Nunge has known he was Xavier-bound for some time.)

I know if it was my kid, I would tell him to make damn sure he has a good landing place in mind before he decides to jump. I think sometimes all these “zoom meetings” and “phone calls with the coach” are part of a song and dance routine.

It strikes me as odd that most players spend several years in high school picking the college they will attend as freshman, often with countless visits to campus. But then when they enter the transfer portal, they often make a decision in 1 or 2 weeks.

My suspicion is that many of these guys already know exactly where they are going (or have a pretty good idea) before they announce they are in the portal. I believe this was the case for Robbins. (I also wouldn’t be surprised if Nunge has known he was Xavier-bound for some time.)

I know if it was my kid, I would tell him to make damn sure he has a good landing place in mind before he decides to jump. I think sometimes all these “zoom meetings” and “phone calls with the coach” are part of a song and dance routine.
Yeah, this is likely correct. I think Robbins knew in both cases he was going to go where his uncle was. Maybe it brings him a sense of calm. Who knows.

Yeah, this is likely correct. I think Robbins knew in both cases he was going to go where his uncle was. Maybe it brings him a sense of calm. Who knows.
So...is his Uncle taking an NBA asst job in 2 years?

They already have two 6'10" guys on the roster and a 4* center in next year's class. Somebody isn't going to be happy with their playing time. Uncle Ed may not be a favorite of everybody in that locker room.

Side question. Since Conroy is his Uncle, is it allowable under NCAA rules for him to buy a plane ticket home for Robbins? (something a coach normally couldn't do).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT