ADVERTISEMENT

Robbins thread

As if things couldn't get weirder, the whole thread is gone now.

For the record, I didn't send any screenshots to anyone's mom but that is pretty pathetic behavior - though entirely predictable for these boards.

As for Niko, if you really think my post from yesterday was "coming down on your ass", you must not come around here much. Was just offering some friendly advice, which apparently was wise given that someone went and did exactly what I thought might happen.

Can you edit your post and include a summary of what happened in that thread? I remember Niko saying his wife worked w/ Liam's mom. But I missed screen shots of DMs and everything else.

Thanks.

There’s been maybe once or twice where I’ve stumbled across some information from a source that I’d consider close to a certain Iowa-related situation. I ended up posting it here, but tried to keep the source very broad to avoid this very scenario, or to dox myself

While it’s a lot more exciting to hear “x player’s family member said this” it’s a lot safer to state that “somebody who I feel is reliable said this,” and then it’s up to the reader to take that information with a grain of salt

It would be a real shame if a few knuckleheads on this board persuaded Robbin's Mother to declare Iowa City off limits to Liam. And how piss would McCaffery be?

I'm hoping the decision is Liam's and not his mother's..

Would Liam’s mom be upset about that? I didn’t find the information Niko shares to be sensitive.

From what I saw it was mostly just that Liam was interested and the Hawks were pulling out all of the stops to bring him aboard.

As far as I am aware Niko even stated he doesn’t know what Liam will decide... maybe I missed something.

Edit: Also a bummer because I quite enjoyed the information/knowing Iowa and Fran were doing their best.

Fran always does his best.

And he will never cheat in doing so.

But as we have seen with the Adidas scandal, it appears that cheating pays because even the FBI can't take down some of these cheating bastards. Hell, Bill Self gets rewarded with a lifetime contract!

Reactions: Ronman and Slim45
I'm just playing devils advocate for why the Robbins family might be upset. Niko did mention his dads health issues, otherwise I agree with what a lot of other people said.

Over the last 10 years, I have had a lot more inside information than I care to know at times and the few times I have alluded to what I know I usually get blasted because I don't cite my sources, so I get why Niko cited his source. If he didn't, someone would reply with 'my brothers, boss', aunts...."

Well that escalated quickly.

I don't think you posted anything sensitive (nor did anyone else say anything offensive - other than maybe someone telling me to eat shit), I just thought you were living dangerously by being so specific about your information and where you were getting it. Especially living around Iowa City, I'm sure a lot of us stumble onto "inside info" from time to time, but I'm not usually comfortable explicitly sharing it because it would violate an implied trust among families, families of coaches, etc.

Not to mention once that sort of thing gets out and it would be obvious who shared it, no one would share such info with you again. I'd rather keep it to myself, enjoy that I knew before the unwashed masses, and let nature take its course.
You act like this is all top secret, world changing info. JFC, it's a college young man and basketball.

Reactions: Slim45
Seems strange that anyone would have gotten too upset by anything said. Basically, some of the family are pulling for Iowa, and Liam was happy to be getting attention from Fran and Iowa. Except for the uncle's hire, I am not sure what would attract Liam to Vanderbilt. It is a beautiful campus with strong academics, but the distance seems like that would be a huge disadvantage for keeping close to the family. I hope this hasn't had any sort of negative impact on the family liking Iowa or Liam's relationship with the coaches and players. Lot of positives for Iowa and the Robbins family, if he chooses iowa.

Apparently 247 updated their crystal ball for Robbins to 100% to Vandy a couple hours ago.

Not sure how often that stuff is correct but I hope it is wrong here.

I'll equate this thread to walking in the room at the end of a 2.5 hour movie and asking someone to catch me up on what happened ...

Sounds like someone shared something ... that someone didn't like ... and someone's wife might be mad at them ... sounds like a Lifetime movie in the making ... :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I'll equate this thread to walking in the room at the end of a 2.5 hour movie and asking someone to catch me up on what happened ...

Sounds like someone shared something ... that someone didn't like ... and someone's wife might be mad at them ... sounds like a Lifetime movie in the making ... :cool:
You nailed it. And, BTW, I did ask for a pic.

😉

Apparently 247 updated their crystal ball for Robbins to 100% to Vandy a couple hours ago.

Not sure how often that stuff is correct but I hope it is wrong here.

The 100% is because there is one CB in for Robbins and it is to Vandy. It is the same CB that has been in since Wednesday and is from the Vandy 247 guy.

He may have updated his confidence level, which was at a 5, but I don't subscribe over there so have no clue.

The 100% is because there is one CB in for Robbins and it is to Vandy. It is the same CB that has been in since Wednesday and is from the Vandy 247 guy.

He may have updated his confidence level, which was at a 5, but I don't subscribe over there so have no clue.

To add to that, he reportedly indicated his prediction was based only on intuition of Liam’s uncle being hired at Vandy - nothing to do with any inside knowledge he may have.

I’ll also say this to a few of the posters hoping this doesn’t impact Robbins’ decision.

Nearly every fan base, including Vandy, have zealous posters. I argue that it is a positive in that people are excited about his talents coming to Iowa. Much better than a lethargic fan base.

Most posters know this, but this getting back to the Robbins’ family will have zero impact on his decision.

Reactions: Niko13

tenor.gif

Was it even Niko's thread? I don't remember who started it.

And you are giving me too much credit for opening people's eyes to the fact that anything posted on the internet can become public info, even if you use an alias and avatar.
I just started that thread after seeing Robbins entered the portal on the Minneapolis paper

Fran always does his best.

And he will never cheat in doing so.

But as we have seen with the Adidas scandal, it appears that cheating pays because even the FBI can't take down some of these cheating bastards. Hell, Bill Self gets rewarded with a lifetime contract!
It really is mind-boggling. To think it took almost FOUR years for Arizona to get rid of Sean Miller!

Pretty sure that's a class of 2022 kid (Lee Dort) so not likely to impact Robbins this year.
I believe he (Robbins) has 2 years left if he chooses, and he's a proven Big Ten player. I would assume he's not worried about 4 star recruits taking his spot, or I wouldn't be if I were him. He's a really good player, those guys start.

With Liam out of the picture who knows if another good center now enters the portal realizing the opportunity at Iowa but waited on Liam’s decision.

• Haha
Reactions: TrianglePlace
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT