ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Clary dies at 96

Just looked up his wiki page...I had forgotten he was a Holocaust survivor - at one point he was at Buchenwalt.

Reactions: h-hawk
Loved that show. Then I learned a lot more about history.
Who else on that show could still be alive? He has to be the last regular cast member still alive.

Reactions: h-hawk
Loved that show. Then I learned a lot more about history.
Who else on that show could still be alive? He has to be the last regular cast member still alive.

He’s the last one. I’ve met him a number of times. Tiny man. Very much like his character in HH...fun to be around in small doses.

Love the show.

Robert-Clary-02-111622-bf1149fb53404216adbbf01e9ff02b42.jpg

For those of you who were fans of Hogan's Heroes as a kid.

Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...sedgntp&cvid=c4782357af6d4e178ef95c05e505833b
96, he had a full life. Was he the last surviving cast member? I think the actress who played Helga died recently.

FWIW -Werner Klemperer only agreed to play Col. Klink when the producers and studio heads agreed that Klink would fail and/or look like a buffoon in every episode. They assured him that was the main premise of the show.

Reactions: GOHOX69 and DFSNOLE
FWIW, there really was a Stalag 13 outside Hammelburg and there really was an officer held there named Robert Hogan. That last was a complete coincidence, however.

The writers of Stalag 17 sued the producers of HH for copyright infringement and won. The judge overturned the decision noting the differences in "tone". If you watch the movie...it's got lots in common with the series. There's even a fat guard in the movie named Sargeant Schulz who, I believe, says "I know nothing" at one point.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
96, he had a full life. Was he the last surviving cast member? I think the actress who played Helga died recently.

FWIW -Werner Klemperer only agreed to play Col. Klink when the producers and studio heads agreed that Klink would fail and/or look like a buffoon in every episode. They assured him that was the main premise of the show.

Kenneth Washington, SGT Baker from the last season, is the last surviving main cast member. His character replaced Kinchloe (sp?) who was played by Ivan Dixon.

And yes, I just Googled that.

Reactions: DFSNOLE and lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT