ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Gallery Named to College Football Hall of Fame

Robert was not a highly recruited athlete. At East Buchanan, he played end on offense and linebacker on defense. He was also state qualifier in track and started on the basketball team. The new staff first saw Robert when he played basketball. He was recruited as a tight end, redshirtEd his first year and started a couple games at TE the following season before moving to Tackle and the rest is history. Certainly one of the best to play OL at Iowa. Big, strong and nasty on the field and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet off the field.

I think it was 2006. My roommate and I were at SpoCo. My roommate was a popular guy there and someone who can strike up a conversation with anyone. I remember he pulled me to th bar on the far Northside of the bar to introduce me to a guy, if I remember correctly was about 5'10" maybe 5'11" bald head and says this is Robert Gallery's brother. I was like no sh!t as I was privately not believing it due to size difference. All of a sudden here comes the mountain himself coming from the bathroom. His tattooed arm was damn near as big as me. My roommate introduces me to him and next thing I know Gallery bought us a shot and we talked for a few minutes. Great memory right up there with the time Matt Roth almost kicked the sh!t out of my other roommate for shadow boxing him from behind not realizing Matt could see everything in the mirror. Also at SpoCo

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999
I think it was 2006. My roommate and I were at SpoCo. My roommate was a popular guy there and someone who can strike up a conversation with anyone. I remember he pulled me to th bar on the far Northside of the bar to introduce me to a guy, if I remember correctly was about 5'10" maybe 5'11" bald head and says this is Robert Gallery's brother. I was like no sh!t as I was privately not believing it due to size difference. All of a sudden here comes the mountain himself coming from the bathroom. His tattooed arm was damn near as big as me. My roommate introduces me to him and next thing I know Gallery bought us a shot and we talked for a few minutes. Great memory right up there with the time Matt Roth almost kicked the sh!t out of my other roommate for shadow boxing him from behind not realizing Matt could see everything in the mirror. Also at SpoCo
He walked past me outside of Kinnick one day......one of the largest humans I have ever seen, and I have stood close to professional wrestlers.

Reactions: Birdmanil
Was fortunate enough to be a manager for the north squad the year Robert played in the Shrine Bowl. Was still a TE at the time.

One of my favorite memories was a play in practice, Robert ended up deep and the corner guarding him was all of 5 foot 5. Ball went into the air and that corner made the jump of his life and got his hands above Robert’s to the knock the ball down.

It’s was awesome watching his career unfold at Iowa and the NFL.

Reactions: Birdmanil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT