ADVERTISEMENT

Robert T Green - rep for Wadley, Fleming, Joly, etc

jvjhawk

Rookie
Nov 26, 2018
For those who are still wondering about the "spokesman" for Wadley, Fleming, Joly, Rucker, and Spearman -- and what he is up to -- there is a very interesting thread on Twitter. It is an account named JadeMichael @Jade_DFW. It consists of 10 tweets - several of which are accompanied by what appears to be direct messages from Robert T. Green himself.
Somehow JadeMichael got Robert T. Green to respond to him and reveal what he is trying to do. Not sure if JadeMichael posed as someone who was inquiring about Robert T. Green's services for a former Iowa player with damning info -- or what -- but he got Green to respond and tell him how the process works and what the game plan is.

Bottom line, according to JadeMichael -- who appears to post Robert T Green's actual responses -- is that Green is helping to try to build a legal case against Iowa. Green and his "lawyers" get the player on the phone, then get the player's statement, review and edit it, then put it out there for public consumption. His "lawyers" are apparently checking to see if there is legal merit in any of it. Green says time is of the essence because they are trying to get something legal going before Iowa gets its findings out there. Green appears to state that the player pays nothing unless there is a legal case and it is successful - then it appears like the lawyers and Green get fees out of whatever they recover.

I do not know how to copy the string of tweets from JadeMichael with the supporting stuff from Robert T Green.

141825122880.jpg

Glad to hear they aren't paying Mr. Green up front given the punctuation and grammar in those statements. Good lord, how can you "publish" something like that and represent that you helped craft that gibberish.

Not to take anything away from the players' concerns - they should and hopefully are being addressed by the internal investigation - but, as OP indicates, this all reeks of exploitation. What is his role? Player advocate? Seems pretty close to him giving legal advice, which could be the unauthorized practice of law. Also, as far as a discrimination lawsuit, the typical deadline to file with the Iowa Civil Rights Commission is 300 days from the date of the alleged discriminatory act, which presumably would have long since passed for the players associated with Mr. Green. There are exceptions but cannot tell if they would apply here. Source: am a lawyer.

Again, not trying to call into question the players' accounts, but this IS just a message board so seems worth discussing.

Glad to hear they aren't paying Mr. Green up front given the punctuation and grammar in those statements. Good lord, how can you "publish" something like that and represent that you helped craft that gibberish.

For anyone wondering how Akrum Wadley's tepid, almost ambivalent statements a month ago could turn into one of the harshest rebukes of the program after everything died down . . . well we now know why.

THEY WEREN'T HIS WORDS.

Green should be ashamed of himself. I believe Wadley put up with bullshit in the program. But the incendiary words we heard the other day were tailored specifically with a law suit in mind. They were tailored for profit. Green is twisting and using a sensitive situation for his own gain.

ok, so when marvin mcnutt brought up the NFL aspect of all of this, { and money and the ability of the player to make money in the future} it's the first time I ever thought of this angle. money is the root of all evil according to some, so I should have thought of it. the conspiracy theorist in me started up " my machine in my head turning the wheels which spins a theory"... he was alleging the coaches have the power within them to withhold nfl draft power , or how high they go, or something. black listing or black balling players. thus harming their future earnings potential.

and I called kxno that day. methinks we have it now.

so basically blm and Antifa are always talking about how the rich get richer off the backs of the poor. the white power structure keeps the blacks in slavery. or something. I dunno what they are saying half the time, I cannot hear them over the roar and crackling of the fire from the autozone burning down in the back ground.

oh yes, I have also stated here that these former players all seem to have their stories straight. talking points similar.

so this Robert T green guy is the mastermind behind it all. this makes sense. he is making sure they all have a story about the "iowa culture" being bad. wadley, all of them. dreds and tottoos are not allowed. country music being played. instead of rap. it's horrible.

I guarantee this guy is a leftist activist. but that's ok. Nancy Pelosi is the new strength coach at iowa and AOC is the new head coach. let this guy spin away at his narrative. I think it's ok to see how everyone reacts.

college was supposed to be about school and letter jackets and malt shops and burgers. 1957 chevys. happy days. not any more.

ok, so when marvin mcnutt brought up the NFL aspect of all of this, { and money and the ability of the player to make money in the future} it's the first time I ever thought of this angle. money is the root of all evil according to some, so I should have thought of it. the conspiracy theorist in me started up " my machine in my head turning the wheels which spins a theory"... he was alleging the coaches have the power within them to withhold nfl draft power , or how high they go, or something. black listing or black balling players. thus harming their future earnings potential.

and I called kxno that day. methinks we have it now.

so basically blm and Antifa are always talking about how the rich get richer off the backs of the poor. the white power structure keeps the blacks in slavery. or something. I dunno what they are saying half the time, I cannot hear them over the roar and crackling of the fire from the autozone burning down in the back ground.

oh yes, I have also stated here that these former players all seem to have their stories straight. talking points similar.

so this Robert T green guy is the mastermind behind it all. this makes sense. he is making sure they all have a story about the "iowa culture" being bad. wadley, all of them. dreds and tottoos are not allowed. country music being played. instead of rap. it's horrible.

I guarantee this guy is a leftist activist. but that's ok. Nancy Pelosi is the new strength coach at iowa and AOC is the new head coach. let this guy spin away at his narrative. I think it's ok to see how everyone reacts.

college was supposed to be about school and letter jackets and malt shops and burgers. 1957 chevys. happy days. not any more.
Please, please stay on HROT.

For anyone wondering how Akrum Wadley's tepid, almost ambivalent statements a month ago could turn into one of the harshest rebukes of the program after everything died down . . . well we now know why.

THEY WEREN'T HIS WORDS.

Green should be ashamed of himself. I believe Wadley put up with bullshit in the program. But the incendiary words we heard the other day were tailored specifically with a law suit in mind. They were tailored for profit. Green is twisting and using a sensitive situation for his own gain.
absolutely. he is getting these talking points out to everyone. making sure their stories are the same. BUT why on earth did KF and barta not nip this in the bud and kill all talk of this crap from this guy from the beginning? why fire doyle? kf just made AOC the darn head coach.

Definitely trying to gin up a lawsuit, that is why these statements include language stating players have PTSD, developed drinking problems, etc. However a lawyer knows that his client(s) have to be credible. The fact that AW and his Mom had so many recent complimentary statements about Iowa hurts that credibility. Trying to get the other Wadley boy on the team also should give pause. Credibility is also not helped by being an arguably disgruntled player that left over playing time. If someone like James Daniels was on board that would be different. However James is too intelligent to get involved with an obvious scheme like this.

Definitely trying to gin up a lawsuit, that is why these statements include language stating players have PTSD, developed drinking problems, etc. However a lawyer knows that his client(s) have to be credible. The fact that AW and his Mom had so many recent complimentary statements about Iowa hurts that credibility. Trying to get the other Wadley boy on the team also should give pause. Credibility is also not helped by being an arguably disgruntled player that left over playing time. If someone like James Daniels was on board that would be different. However James is too intelligent to get involved with an obvious scheme like this.
nothing credible at all had to be said to fire doyle. in today's climate all you have to do is just allege it, and it is so. if you disagree you are evil or racist or something. credibility died a long time ago

absolutely. he is getting these talking points out to everyone. making sure their stories are the same. BUT why on earth did KF and barta not nip this in the bud and kill all talk of this crap from this guy from the beginning? why fire doyle? kf just made AOC the darn head coach.

After his knuckle-headed public statement, Doyle had to go, and that's on Doyle. Dumbest strategy ever.

KF, Barta & Iowa will not respond to Mr. Green. That would be a strategy equally as dumb as Doyle's statement was. They're smarter than that.

If there's a battle to be fought with Mr. Green, his "lawyers" and whoever he is "representing", it won't be on Twitter, Facebook or any other court of public opinion. It will be in an actual court room, but I have my doubts that anything Mr. Green has will ever see the light of day in an actual legal or civil proceeding.

After his knuckle-headed public statement, Doyle had to go, and that's on Doyle. Dumbest strategy ever.

KF, Barta & Iowa will not respond to Mr. Green. That would be a strategy equally as dumb as Doyle's statement was. They're smarter than that.

If there's a battle to be fought with Mr. Green, his "lawyers" and whoever he is "representing", it won't be on Twitter, Facebook or any other court of public opinion. It will be in an actual court room, but I have my doubts that anything Mr. Green has will ever see the light of day in an actual legal or civil proceeding.
what was wrong with his statement? seriously? all this proves 100% his statement was valid: he was being accused of something he did not do. Robert t green is accusing. he should have included that in his statement!!

Reactions: HawkInArk
what was wrong with his statement? seriously? all this proves 100% his statement was valid: he was being accused of something he did not do. Robert t green is accusing. he should have included that in his statement!!

1. Never should have made the public statement when advised not to. Strike #1
2. In his statement, he essentially denied what the players were accusing him of, essentially labeling them as liars. Strike #2
3. While he admitted he's not a perfect person, at no time did he apologize or recognize that his actions could have negative personal impacts on the players affected, nor show a willingness to understand the situation from their perspective. Strike #3

In his heart, I don't believe Chris Doyle is a racist, never have. But I do think he is tone deaf and insensitive to the people he was in charge of and there was too much evidence that showed this to be true. If he'd kept quiet and perhaps trusted his employer and the process to remedy the situation, he may have survived even this. But he went all defensive instead and here we are today.

now I wish kf would have nipped this all in the bud from the beginning and said there was some tweeting Antifa internet warrior out to get him … but I can see now how that would not fly

1. Never should have made the public statement when advised not to. Strike #1
2. In his statement, he essentially denied what the players were accusing him of, essentially labeling them as liars. Strike #2
3. While he admitted he's not a perfect person, at no time did he apologize or recognize that his actions could have negative personal impacts on the players affected, nor show a willingness to understand the situation from their perspective. Strike #3

In his heart, I don't believe Chris Doyle is a racist, never have. But I do think he is tone deaf and insensitive to the people he was in charge of and there was too much evidence that showed this to be true. If he'd kept quiet and perhaps trusted his employer and the process to remedy the situation, he may have survived even this. But he went all defensive instead and here we are today.
2. the players never accused him of anything. it was Robert t green making up crap. 3. he has to not recognize his own actions because he never made them. he must recognize Robert t green's actions.

Based upon public statements from former football players, I can't see a legal basis for a cause of action against the University of Iowa. My guess is that the pending independent investigation is likely to report "insensitivity" issues but nothing arising to a violation of rights and will therefore recommend minor "accommodation" changes.

Regarding Robert T Green, I would be interested to find out if his firm has actively solicited other former Iowa players who subsequently declined representation and if so, what exactly was his recruiting pitch to these players.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
What’s funny is Howe is asking harder more pointed questions to incoming recruits about Iowa being racist than he is anywhere else. I listened to his latest crap and what he asked the Bruce kid what pointed agenda driven and not appropriate for an incoming recruit.
He should be embarrassed, other journalist should let him know they are embarrassed for him.

If it smells like bull s##t, it is bull s##t. This Green fellow is nothing but a street hustler. He doesn't want this to end up in court. He wants a settlement. He won't get it.
Yeah its one thing to take a strong arm legal posture against a small business or social organization but, assuming no major civil rights violations are determined by the pending independent investigation, it is my impression that such approach will find much stronger resistance from a major university. Unless something surfaces we don't know about from public statements and reporting, I would be shocked if settlement is ever entertained.

That points to the value of a comprehensive independent investigation - findings which will likely be well documented and footnoted involving evidence proffered from a huge array of former players, coaches, administrative staff, from the top all the way down to facility personnel. Moreover, investigators will likely take a deeper dive into any allegations by former or current players whether they were made publically or they arose privately during the interviews. Iowa officials will know where they stand vis-a-vis legal exposure.

What’s funny is Howe is asking harder more pointed questions to incoming recruits about Iowa being racist than he is anywhere else. I listened to his latest crap and what he asked the Bruce kid what pointed agenda driven and not appropriate for an incoming recruit.
He should be embarrassed, other journalist should let him know they are embarrassed for him.

HN will eventually fire Howe and then he'll go on and say "see, that further proves that there is a culture problem with the program."

Based upon public statements from former football players, I can't see a legal basis for a cause of action against the University of Iowa. My guess is that the pending independent investigation is likely to report "insensitivity" issues but nothing arising to a violation of rights and will therefore recommend minor "accommodation" changes.

Regarding Robert T Green, I would be interested to find out if his firm has actively solicited other former Iowa players who subsequently declined representation and if so, what exactly was his recruiting pitch to these players.

Hoping for settlement payment to just go away.

ADVERTISEMENT