ADVERTISEMENT

Robert T Green - rep for Wadley, Fleming, Joly, etc

Hoping for settlement payment to just go away.

I've been trying to listen to this clown Green with his interview on espn 1170am going on right now. The guys interviewing him keep asking him what's his end game for the players like Wadley. He keeps skating and dancing away from answering it when we all know it is $. But he won't answer. Other thing of note he claims he never contacted Ricky Parks the recruit that just picked Utah over Iowa. Then again he said he never edits any of the players post sent to him which is total BS.

Long story short after listening to this guy he is exactly what I thought he'd be. A race baiting ambulance chaser.

For those who couldn't listen to Green's interview. Suppose to be a half hr went 53min. They just finished the host they’re talking about he just went in circles the whole time. Not answering questions directly and interrupting them the whole time. He kept saying Kirk, Brian and Doyle need to do this and that and was told about a dozen times Doyle isn't around anymore.

At the end one of the guys interviewing finally called him out saying he doesn't believe him when he says he will be there for the long haul and that when things die down with Iowa he won't be around and is in it for the money. Then he hung up shortly there after. Host talking now about his BS and lies like not reaching out to Ricky Parks. Green is the biggest con artist. It was painful to listen him spew his crap over and over.

Last edited:
For those who couldn't listen to Green's interview. Suppose to be a half hr went 53min. They just finished the host there talking about he just went in circles the whole time. Not answering questions directly and interrupting them the whole time. He kept saying Kirk, Brian and Doyle need to do this and that and was told about a dozen times Doyle isn't around anymore.

At the end one of the guys interviewing finally called him out saying he doesn't believe him when he says he will be there for the long haul and that when things die down with Iowa he won't be around and is in it for the money. Then he hung up shortly there after. Host talking now about his BS and lies like not reaching out to Ricky Parks. Green is the biggest con artist. It was painful to listen him spew his crap over and over.

If he reached out to Ricky Parks, then I hope the U of I counter-sues this scumbag.

tenor.gif

I’m listening. Somehow there’s 20 minutes left. This guy is a flake if I’ve ever heard one. Kudos to the radio guys for holding his feet to the fire.

Hope Wadley and his family didn’t sink their last dime into a retainer for him.

Last edited:
I don't think Howe is a bad person but I do think he has fallen down a rabbit hole based on his confirmation bias. I think that is where we are now as a society. He started out with some valid questions based upon his experience talking to Iowa players but lost his objectivity. I have caught his political comments and ignored them because I wanted to listen to sports but it is hard to ignore now. I don't want to get political, but i say that as someone who doesn't like the language our president uses. Under Ferentz, Iowa has always been an "Iowa Way" type of program and that was lauded by nearly all these guys in the past. If they really want to ask questions about that now, and how that is perceived then that is fine but that is a debate and not a conclusion. I think Howe could be more objective than what I think he has been.

Iowa breaks down players. It sounds like Doyle was out of line and that Ferentz probably didn't understand the impacts. We also know that people who get beat out tend to blame others. I have been around locker rooms and people who get beat out almost always think the other guy was a "favorite" or a suck up. During Iowa games networks lauded that Iowa did it the Iowa way. I think there is room for a lot of improvement but there is still a breaking down to conform to the team. Does this make people uncomfortable and should Ferentz reevaluate? Yes, but is that a two way street? Yes, it is. He kept people off twitter because of valid reasons, young men say stupid things. I did and am glad I didn't have twitter when I was younger.

I hope this helps the team. I hope they can find the right balance. I hope they move forward and find the right balance of discipline and finding a place for players to express their opinions. I think Iowa right now is fairly representative of where the nation is.

Sorry for the rant.

It’s amazing how you converse for 53 minutes and Green dances and circles around really good questions. Then he says the players words are twisted by everyone else. Help me understand how if you post ‘x’ one day and then turn around and post ‘y’ later that is not going to raise a question about your own credibility of the ‘truth’ when you contradicted yourself.

Take Morrow’s story / ‘truth’ posted on Twitter where he said Doyle threatened to send him back to the ghetto which was damming only to tell ESPN days later that Doyle said ‘Glenville’. Never an apology posted to say hey by the way my original post of ‘ghetto’ was ‘Glenville’. That’s a huge difference in ‘truth’. There’s some truth in these stories but mixing words and half truths can really be a big difference.

This is an axe to grind, pay day seeking ploy as I’ve said from day 1. Say anything to achieve your ‘end game’. I don’t give a rip what is posted from Green if you can’t answer valid questions. This only serves to diminish and hi jack the good messages brought by guys like Lomax on positive change.

He has no interest if things change. Really telling when asked what are the players he represents after...what would make it right and he steadfastly refused to offer any answer of any kind. He's all about the benjamins.

He has gone way over the top political now.
Allow me to expand upon this. The following is a quote from Mr Howe:

"I'm not having a beer with Trump supporters. I've been done dancing around it. Yes. If you support him, I don't have time for you."

Now, I am not a Trump supporter, but I can still be friends with someone who is. I can work with a Trump supporter in my job. Rob, apparently, cannot.

So if Rob truly feels this way, then he needs to clear the air with his bosses and co-workers, his friends, the people who advertise on his site, the people he goes to church with, and so on. He needs to tell them that if they are Trump supporters then he no longer has time for them. He should also post the opinion above on his Twitter account. Otherwise, he is a phony.

2. the players never accused him of anything. it was Robert t green making up crap. 3. he has to not recognize his own actions because he never made them. he must recognize Robert t green's actions.

You do understand that this RTG crap didn’t start until a couple weeks after Doyle was gone right? There is no correlation at all. The voices that were the result of Doyle’s bad statement were the legitimate ones calling for change. They are also guys that have given him credit for their success and probably would have been willing to work with him to improve his part in the insensitive culture. These are legit feelings... I’m not sure how you are connecting the Wadley and idiot company to Doyle’s statement a long time ago.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I’m listening. Somehow there’s 20 minutes left. This guy is a flake if I’ve ever heard one. Kudos to the radio guys for holding his feet to the fire.

Hope Wadley and his family didn’t sink their last dime into a retainer for him.

If this loser green is the best they could find I’d hate to see the people they passed on...

Regardless of whether your motives are shady or not.......how could you have anything more than a 5 minute conversation with this guy and think, "yeah, this is the guy I want to hitch my wagon to"

ok, so when marvin mcnutt brought up the NFL aspect of all of this, { and money and the ability of the player to make money in the future} it's the first time I ever thought of this angle. money is the root of all evil according to some, so I should have thought of it. the conspiracy theorist in me started up " my machine in my head turning the wheels which spins a theory"... he was alleging the coaches have the power within them to withhold nfl draft power , or how high they go, or something. black listing or black balling players. thus harming their future earnings potential.

and I called kxno that day. methinks we have it now.

so basically blm and Antifa are always talking about how the rich get richer off the backs of the poor. the white power structure keeps the blacks in slavery. or something. I dunno what they are saying half the time, I cannot hear them over the roar and crackling of the fire from the autozone burning down in the back ground.

oh yes, I have also stated here that these former players all seem to have their stories straight. talking points similar.

so this Robert T green guy is the mastermind behind it all. this makes sense. he is making sure they all have a story about the "iowa culture" being bad. wadley, all of them. dreds and tottoos are not allowed. country music being played. instead of rap. it's horrible.

I guarantee this guy is a leftist activist. but that's ok. Nancy Pelosi is the new strength coach at iowa and AOC is the new head coach. let this guy spin away at his narrative. I think it's ok to see how everyone reacts.

college was supposed to be about school and letter jackets and malt shops and burgers. 1957 chevys. happy days. not any more.

dude, those weren’t actually forever stamps

Listened to the interview. Professional Victim Mentality....haha
Robert T Green is a complete jackass. I don't know how he is employed by anyone. Can't even say a coherent thought.

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
If I were him, I’d be very careful posting rambling videos and interviews that make a countless number of accusations against Kirk, the coaching staff, and U of I. It’s very difficult to defame a public figure (you have to KNOW what you are saying is false, rather just being negligent), but the sheer number of the statements, seemingly off the top of his head, would make him a nightmare to defend in a lawsuit.

Also, anyone check out his LinkedIn? He purports to be a mental health professional who worked in various assisted living facilities and with outpatients. Again, what the **** is his pitch to these athletes? “I’ll draft and post on Twitter a poorly-worded statement for you and speak on your behalf in a bunch of incoherent interviews, then pass you off to an actual attorney who will hopefully negotiate a settlement which I’ll share in.” Did any of them think: “Wait, why don’t I just post my own thoughts on Twitter and meet with an attorney myself to see if I have a viable case?”

Last edited:
We’ve heard a lot about white culture and systemic racism but I also think black society needs to recognize that they do a lot of self damage by efforts like this. Although I disagree with some of the accusations and idea that discipline, structure and rules applied to all in a program is somehow a bad thing or you are to be granted special consideration based on your race, I really understood what Lomax and James Daniels were explaining about the culture shock many black players can experience coming in for the first time with a larger number of white people trying to figure it out and assimilate. One of the key problems as I’ve listened is our program did not take the time to communicate what the culture was designed to do through discipline, structure and rules to challenge and push all players. You were supposed to know or get it, which some black players did not and therefore it felt racial to some.

I agree with the changes that Kirk has already instituted to help ease that transition. This other group lead by Green are message hi-jacking opportunists looking solely for money. The problem with that is it distracts or can degrade what the original message of needed changes to improve the program. The black community needs to stomp this kind of thing out.

From what I have seen with the Wadley, Parker and Fleming statements - the statements seem to be edited to infuse racism or - it doesn't flow naturally. I could be wrong. Below is an example of an what I think is an edit and adding to Fleming's statement. Does anyone believe Kirk Ferentz would say this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT