ADVERTISEMENT

Robillard: Promise and Progress: The best choice for our university

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
Last Thursday, the Iowa Board of Regents unanimously chose Bruce Harreld to be our university’s 21st president.

I want to take this opportunity to offer him a heartfelt welcome to our University of Iowa community. I believe he will make an excellent president who will earn your support.

As head of the search committee that recruited him, I can tell you that our charge was to find proven leaders from higher education and beyond. We invited fresh perspectives. We valued vision, strategy, and innovation alongside teaching, scholarship, and service.

The Board of Regents saw in Bruce Harreld the outstanding qualities that impressed the faculty, regents, students, staff, and community members on our committee. They also saw in him a unique interest in collaborating on new approaches to problems that others might dismiss as unsolvable. The ultimate decision was the Board of Regents’ responsibility, and they believe he’s the best choice for our university and our times.

An effective search always ends in the challenge of choosing from a pool of compelling candidates, sometimes after passionate debate. We now owe it to our students, our community, and ourselves to move forward, focusing on how we can all work together to propel this university to the next level of greatness.

I am confident that as you come to know Bruce Harreld—or Bruce, as he insists being called by his first name—you’ll see why the regents selected him to be our new president. I’m honored to have him as a colleague and leader, and I firmly believe that you will feel the same way.

http://now.uiowa.edu/news/staff

Last Thursday, the Iowa Board of Regents unanimously chose Bruce Harreld to be our university’s 21st president.

I want to take this opportunity to offer him a heartfelt welcome to our University of Iowa community. I believe he will make an excellent president who will earn your support.

As head of the search committee that recruited him, I can tell you that our charge was to find proven leaders from higher education and beyond. We invited fresh perspectives. We valued vision, strategy, and innovation alongside teaching, scholarship, and service.

The Board of Regents saw in Bruce Harreld the outstanding qualities that impressed the faculty, regents, students, staff, and community members on our committee. They also saw in him a unique interest in collaborating on new approaches to problems that others might dismiss as unsolvable. The ultimate decision was the Board of Regents’ responsibility, and they believe he’s the best choice for our university and our times.

An effective search always ends in the challenge of choosing from a pool of compelling candidates, sometimes after passionate debate. We now owe it to our students, our community, and ourselves to move forward, focusing on how we can all work together to propel this university to the next level of greatness.

I am confident that as you come to know Bruce Harreld—or Bruce, as he insists being called by his first name—you’ll see why the regents selected him to be our new president. I’m honored to have him as a colleague and leader, and I firmly believe that you will feel the same way.

http://now.uiowa.edu/news/staff
Well, Robillard does have a political side to him. I'll be honest, I don't have the greatest respect for Robillard, but that's a personal issue.

I think it's time to move on and let the man do his job.

I wonder why the state of Iowa had to pay an Atlanta firm all that money to find candidates when Rastetter had already contacted this guy and asked him to consider the position?
Search firms do more than just find peopl . They do background work as well.

Sounds like a home run. Quit bitching and get your lazy asses back to work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT