Robin Williams on Joe Biden lol

MeetTheFerentz

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2006
He was probably the first celebrity I was truly sad about passing away. He had so much talent.
Ditto. It still saddens me. He was a truly funny person.
Textbook example of how someone can seem so happy and carefree on the outside, while suffering so badly on the inside. An extremely tragic situation, but I think it rose awareness for mental illness more than any other situation I can think of.

Nipigu

HR Heisman
Oct 31, 2005
Williams was a popular comedian but it never sat with me. I thought Dead Poet’s Society was good.

Bonerfarts

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2015
His death was the first time it sunk in how powerful depression can be. I had judged it entirely different prior to that, and did a 180 afterwards.
I get what you’re saying but I think it’s important to note that he had Lewy body dementia. This is more similar to Parkinson’s. Robin had protein buildup in his brain that caused depression/anxiety/insomnia/paranoia. I’ve heard people describe it as not being able to reset your brain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fluffles

goldmom

HR Heisman
Mar 29, 2002
I get what you’re saying but I think it’s important to note that he had Lewy body dementia. This is more similar to Parkinson’s. Robin had protein buildup in his brain that caused depression/anxiety/insomnia/paranoia. I’ve heard people describe it as not being able to reset your brain.
Amazing - I never heard that or read it until now. Thank you for sharing that.

seminoleed

HR MVP
Mar 29, 2002
Williams was a comic genius. When he made Mork & Mindy, I was more interested in looking at Pam Dawber, but after Patch Adams, he had me. Good Morning, Vietnam hit a nerve for those of us who were there. The above-mentioned Dead Poet's Society was brilliant.

And as a stand-up comic, his cocaine-fired energy wouldn't let you take your eyes off him. I remember what I think was an HBO special where he cilimbed up a ladder on the wall at the side of the stage to a box seat, and said, "Well, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

It's worth the trouble if you can find the one-hour special of outtakes of Mork that they ran.

One talent I truly miss.

Latest posts