ADVERTISEMENT

Rock albums that have zero bad songs.....

These are probably cheating a bit, but I’m adding them for consideration anyways because I don’t care:

81vS%2BwfdozL._SL1400_.jpg

513EjU1PfrL.jpg

220px-FooFighters-TheColourAndTheShape.jpg

The first “song” (only like 1:30 long) is no good... but the rest are all really good.

I also love that Dave Grohl wasn’t happy with the drum tracks laid down by his drummer at the time, so he secretly re-recorded them himself.

Dark Side of the Moon
Irish Tour '74--Rory Gallagher
Low Budget--The Kinks
Bursting at the Seams--Strawbs
Aqualung--Jethro Tull

I have very few "perfect albums" on my list.

Those listed here so far...

Dark Side of the Moon
High n Dry
Let it Bleed
The Doors
Led Zeppelin IV
Exile on Main St.

I'll add...

Van Halen - I
ACDC - Powerage & Highway To Hell
Big Wreck - In Loving Memory Of...
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Aerosmith - Rocks
GnR - Illusion I
INXS - Kick

I've got about 10 more that if it weren't for one song...

I bet I listen to this Pink Floyd album more than any other. Not by much though:

pink_floyd_animals_cover_battersea_power_plant_pig.jpg

Edit: just to clarify, I listen to Animals more than any other Pink Floyd album, not more than any other album in general. DSOTM/the Wall are a close second. Wish You Were Here and Piper at the Gates of Dawn nipping at their heels.

Last edited:
As others have pointed out , Nirvana is one of the few bands that has three: Nevermind, In Utero, and Unplugged. White Stripes have De Stijl, White Blood Cells, and Elephant. Led Zeppelin I, II, and IV. Dead Kennedys have a third great end-to-end album not mentioned yet, Frankenchrist.

I bet I listen to this Pink Floyd album more than any other. Not by much though:

pink_floyd_animals_cover_battersea_power_plant_pig.jpg

Edit: just to clarify, I listen to Animals more than any other Pink Floyd album, not more than any other album in general. DSOTM/the Wall are a close second. Wish You Were Here and Piper at the Gates of Dawn nipping at their heels.

I flirted with this album to my list. Very under-rated Floyd album.

Also, my first major concert event attended (Soldier Field, '77...awesome). It also marked a shift in power from "shared" to Waters, that much is certain.

Reactions: ferentzin04
I was torn with this one, too. So many great songs. I simply like "Rocks" better, probably clouded my thinking there.
Yeah, I’m the same way. Both great. Just comes down to personal preference......good times remembered when hearing a lot of the songs.

Steppenwolf's greatest hits. You've only ever heard 2 songs, but when you listen to the rest...they're all great!
0076741704927_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

As others have pointed out , Nirvana is one of the few bands that has three: Nevermind, In Utero, and Unplugged. White Stripes have De Stijl, White Blood Cells, and Elephant. Led Zeppelin I, II, and IV. Dead Kennedys have a third great end-to-end album not mentioned yet, Frankenchrist.

Might has well add Bleach.

Ever listen to Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine? I think it is pretty good stuff. They play a ton of Dead Kennedys when they tour too and Jello puts on a damn good show.

Might has well add Bleach.

Ever listen to Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine? I think it is pretty good stuff. They play a ton of Dead Kennedys when they tour too and Jello puts on a damn good show.

Yes. His albums with DOA and Nomeansno are excellent as well. Have you heard the No WTO Combo supergroup of Jello, KI'm Thayil of Sound garden on guitar, Krist Novoselic of Nirvana on bass, and Gina Mainwal of Sweet 45 on drums? Live from the Battle of Seattle is incredible. Wish I was there.

Reactions: Moral
Yes. His albums with DOA and Nomeansno are excellent as well. Have you heard the No WTO Combo supergroup of Jello, KI'm Thayil of Sound garden on guitar, Krist Novoselic of Nirvana on bass, and Gina Mainwal of Sweet 45 on drums? Live from the Battle of Seattle is incredible. Wish I was there.

I will have to check that one out and refresh my memory. I think I have but not since Last.fm was viable.

latest
movingpictures-back.jpg

Also, the original back album cover was a triple entendre for the album title.....which is awesome.

rush_movingb.jpg

I was torn on this one too. It was the first CD I ever bought, back when catalogs were just getting issued in CD's.

I gotta admit, I'm not too high on Limelight and Vital Signs. At least not like I am about Red Barchetta and The camera eye/Witch Hunt.

It's not that I think they are bad songs. They just doesn't move the needle like the rest of the songs do.

I do believe it might very be the best sounding album ever. It's my demo disc. Every rig I set up, I tune the amp/sub settings and speaker placement to this disc.

Dead of winter. Fayettenam, IA, circa 2010. I was visiting a high school friend who'd matriculated to Upper Iowa "University." There was a bar in downtown Fayettenam. On stage was a band of old hippies including one particularly good guitar player. We locked eyes during a rendition of "All Along the Watch Tower." Dude bought me a Miller Lite just because I shouted out Bob Dylan's birth place. I was the big trivia winner that night.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT